Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2017, 01:21 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
that is what you get for thinking and not asking God himself before you did dumb things to your body and to your soul .. now you can always repent and he can wash away those ties and chains. I know many who were once chained to those perversions of his gift given to men and to woman to bring about wholeness and families and true lasting kinds of love.
What is it you think that I "get?" And what "dumb" things are you talking about? You don't know anything about me. I was a devout Christian at one time. But I'm much nicer now that I don't claim to be one, and a lot less judgmental. My life is much more peaceful too, not always looking over my shoulder thinking I'm going to be punished because some god is not happy with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I'm stating what G-d said about it, and to anyone that believes, the higher laws are very much applicable to their own soul, regardless of what man's laws say is permissible. If that has no meaning for you, so be it. But this being a Christian forum, this is the kind of answer you can expect from some of us. Peace
I can and do understand that.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:30 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
My point is we live in the U.S. under laws. So-called "higher laws" don't even come into this marriage equation. If you feel that they do, good on you. If others don't, that's fine too.
What are you talking about?
civil law is intended to be a service to the community. And if any community refuses to offer service, its their right to do so.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:39 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
Quote:
What is it you think that I "get?" And what "dumb" things are you talking about? You don't know anything about me. I was a devout Christian at one time. But I'm much nicer now that I don't claim to be one, and a lot less judgmental. My life is much more peaceful too, not always looking over my shoulder thinking I'm going to be punished because some god is not happy with me.
maybe you didn't get it because you never were what ever you thought you were.... it was YOU as in YOU'ALL , a pleural YOU's . I am speaking in general biblical concepts and precepts . and you all 's have sided against the BIBLE AND THE Lord Words.. His clear and understandable words!! thus whatever your lifestyle matters not when you are pushing you'all' agenda of everything and anything
goes if against the God's words and then militantly force it onto society. .

we should all speak spanish..

Old 11-16-2017, 01:57 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:

Some of us do, but it wouldn't help on here. Peace

Old 11-16-2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Some of us do, but it wouldn't help on here. Peace
all language is lacking , that is why pictures and music and tones speaks better... and why he uses praise and worship for His spirit to heal us.. I don't believe it is for Him that we are told to praise .but it is for /y-our / our own peace and our healing. but who would believe that here ? I don't believe God needs it as much as He desires a heart to heart, spirit to his Spirit connection with us to draw us closer to him, so we heal.

Old 11-16-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
like the rich man in hell, still demanding that lazarus serve him

As Yeshua said, the outer court of darkness, there will be no admittance for those who are without.
No covenant will be prepared for those who deny the Son.

And as for those ten kings changing the times and season to confound the innocent souls as a means of extorting from them their rightful inheritance.
They will find out real soon just how literal the scripture is.
amen PIN!!

Old 11-16-2017, 03:05 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
So which is it? One man and one woman or one man and a bunch of wives? Also, Lot had sex with his daughters. So the same holy book condones incest as well. So no exceptions would include David, Solomon, Jacob and others? I guess they did it wrong.
You seem to think that just because the Bible reports on the actions of men then that means it approves of those actions. That would be like saying the Washington Post supports racism because it reported the events that happened in Charleston.

Old 11-16-2017, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You seem to think that just because the Bible reports on the actions of men then that means it approves of those actions. That would be like saying the Washington Post supports racism because it reported the events that happened in Charleston.
one more smart man... at least intellectually honest! recording history doesn't mean God agreed with all parts of it. or that even all history is recorded at all anywhere and those missing pieces might prove valuable to any discussion of history and man relationship with God..
like how when they dug up some Canaanite town around Israel the bones had a vd's and signs of I think syphilis or a pre syphillis bone disease associated to early venereal transmitted diseases.. and it was in the animals and in the babies also. sometimes I think God would have saved some societies like S and G if only there was just one reason too. but they had raped and pillaged and diseased and molested their way through way just too many people as they would have even raped even the angels.. . but sometimes there is not even one reason to save anyone from a place alive , not one good reason like his discussion with Abraham .. I believe he was looking for even one reason to save them.. . just because no one has found the reason yet that God does what he does I know beyond a doubt it is because He wishes to protect the innocent from the guilty and he always has done just that .

Old 11-16-2017, 05:20 PM

Quote:
maybe you didn't get it because you never were what ever you thought you were.... it was YOU as in YOU'ALL , a pleural YOU's . I am speaking in general biblical concepts and precepts . and you all 's have sided against the BIBLE AND THE Lord Words.. His clear and understandable words!! thus whatever your lifestyle matters not when you are pushing you'all' agenda of everything and anything
goes if against the God's words and then militantly force it onto society. .

Again, you have no idea what I believed and my previous Christian life. I know what I was. But carry on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity