Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 10:47 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
There are some here would tell you after pointing to them that Jesus did not carry a bible around with him, that he was and is the bible, then you point out to them that Jesus rarely quoted the bible they say he is, they will tell you, that he did but related it in a different way to the way it is written, as if the letter that kills somehow magically becomes spiritual. Is it any wonder they are not forth coming explaining the character of the Spirit, because if they did, out of their own mouths they would confirm that which they refuse to accept, that the true nature and character of God does not match the concept they have of God. It is as if they are saying please stop pointing out the true nature and character of God because we are perfectly happy retaining the concept of God we hold which is wrathful, condemning and exclusive. So is it any wonder that they cannot be seen in any other light than bible worshippers.

There are also some here who will not listen to no matter what is said to them regarding their pushing what THEY believe another's belief is on a subject, onto others. I would assume that's because f you had to listen to the TRUTH, it might set you free, and stop some of the false accusations you use to disparage, but maybe you can tell me why you do it? Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 10:49 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The bolded is just one of the many reasons your version of g-d is so despicable.

And the flesh hates Him. Peace

Old 11-15-2017, 11:02 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
If it was real, everybody with sense would hate it.

Old 11-15-2017, 01:32 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
You can only speak for yourself.

Old 11-15-2017, 02:31 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
Yes, if gay people disappeared YOUR life would be more "holy." Unfortunately it wouldn't be as easy to enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMn4l07EtvY

Old 11-15-2017, 03:04 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
You will wake up one day to see that it's a crackpot god created by guilty religious minded folk that is rejected not hated. It would be interesting also know what you think it is about God that what you call flesh hates about God. So can you give an example what the flesh hates about the nature and character of God?.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:07 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Oh really?

Read Exodus 21. All of it. It tells you how to beat your slave, it tells you that Hebrew slaves are different than others, it tells you how to trick you Hebrew male slave by giving him a wife, and if he doesn't want to leave that wive, how to mark that slave and keep him forever.

That is 'just the OT"?

What about the NT? Shall I go into the list there, or will you accept that the bible is full of endorsement of slavery?
I want a verse where God or the authors directly say that slavery is good and they approve of it. Your examples are only examples of merely tolerating and regulating the practice (which didn't even remotely resemble slavery in the 1800s). God didn't like divorce either, but He also created rules in OT to allow it.

Old 11-15-2017, 04:52 PM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I want a verse where God or the authors directly say that slavery is good and they approve of it. Your examples are only examples of merely tolerating and regulating the practice (which didn't even remotely resemble slavery in the 1800s). God didn't like divorce either, but He also created rules in OT to allow it.
I want a verse where God or the authors directly say that marriage is defined as being between one man and one woman. Unambiguous definition. Not simply tolerating and regulating the practice, but a definition. You got one of those? I didn't think so.

Old 11-15-2017, 05:45 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I want a verse where God or the authors directly say that marriage is defined as being between one man and one woman. Unambiguous definition. Not simply tolerating and regulating the practice, but a definition. You got one of those? I didn't think so.
read hebrew?
there may be people out there that would sit back and laugh at someone suffering, not me

Old 11-15-2017, 07:25 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
You're wise enough to not be holding your breath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity