Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2020, 07:14 PM

3,061 posts, read 923,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi Anointed, I don't believe that Jesus was Enoch reborn. Thanks and God bless.
No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son desires to reveal him.

So I wouldn't expect you to know who the Son is, Nor 'THE' Father, who anointed him as his chosen heir and successor.

And the spirit of the Lord God our savior, descended upon him in the form of a dove, as the heavenly voice was heard to say; "YOU ARE MY SON, TODAY I HAVE BEGOTTEN THEE."

Last edited by The Anointed; 02-04-2020 at 07:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2020, 07:17 PM

28,151 posts, read 30,109,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
And I will also say that it was the only time in which he could convey that of a future resurrection, directly with the thief himself.
I don't believe He was talking about a resurrection, though, and I don't believe He was talking about Heaven. I think He was talking about the thief's existence during the time between his death and his resurrection, at which time his body would be dead but his spirit completely alive, cognizant and self-aware.

Quote:
Although I have found it interesting that we could have preexisted, prior to our present state, but that would mean we were disembodied spirits or that of supernatural entities. And I have my doubts about that, although it is plausible.
Since a spirit has no corporeal substance itself, but is merely a life source, to me it's entirely logical to believe that it could be disembodied at some point and not cease to exist. Just to clarify, it is my belief that we have existed since God created our spirits and have been in the following states:

Pre-mortal life = unembodied spirit living in God's presence
Mortal life = spirit temporarily residing within a mortal body, creating a living soul
After death but prior to being resurrected = disembodied spirit residing in the Spirit World
After the resurrection = spiriti residing within a newly perfected body, making it immortal forever

Quote:
But I do not believe in an underworld of bless and torment, which has been adopted by Christianity from the various cultures and beliefs of that day.
Well, I don't believe in an underworld either, but since I do believe the spirit to be fully cognizant and self-aware, I see it as making quite a bit of sense, actually, that during the period when the spirit is once again existing outside of the body, it would feel a wide range of emotions, based primarily on how it had existed during mortality. I can easily understand why someone who had brought only pain and suffering to everybody it had encountered during mortality would feel regret and guilt over those things, and perhaps wonder what the future might hold.

Old 02-04-2020, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Nowhere, does it explicitly say whether he was alive or dead, and it does not say where he was taken.
And, to move from one place to that of another has nothing to do with heaven or that of changing form.
Hebrews 11: 5; “By faith Enoch was translated (To change from one form to another) so that he should not experience death; and he was not found, because God had Translated him.

The Book of Enoch the prophet 37: 4; "Till the present day such wisdom has never been given by the Lord of Spirits as I have received according to my insight, according to the good pleasure of the Lord of Spirits by whom the lot of eternal life has been given to me,"

Old 02-04-2020, 07:31 PM

33,367 posts, read 26,637,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
[color="Navy"]Mike, PLEASE do the right thing and STOP using the term 'soul sleep' that NO ONE uses but those such as yourself merely to denigrate those who believe that the dead 'sleep' in their graves!
Soul sleep is both a valid and accurate term for the belief that the soul is at rest or unconscious between physical death and resurrection. It need not be taken as a pejorative term. Nor will I stop using it.

Old 02-04-2020, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Soul sleep is both a valid and accurate term for the belief that the soul is at rest or unconscious between physical death and resurrection. It need not be taken as a pejorative term. Nor will I stop using it.
The spirits of the righteous are definitely at rest in Christ, but I don't believe that the spirits of the unrepentant wicked are at rest in Christ. Do you?

Isaiah 57:1-2; "Good people die and no one understands or even cares. But when they (Good People) die, no calamity can harm them. Those who lead Good lives find peace and rest in death."

Now you come along and tell us that even the unrepentant wicked find peace and rest in death as they await the great final Judgement.

So who are we to believe? I think I will stick to the scriptures mate,and believe that it is only the Righteous who enter into Christ, the cornerstone to the new Glorious Temple of God, who find peace and rest in death as they await the great Judgement, and their resurrection to eternal life.

Old 02-04-2020, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
The spirits of the righteous are definitely at rest in Christ, but I don't believe that the spirits of the unrepentant wicked are at rest in Christ. Do you?

Isaiah 57:1-2; "Good people die and no one understands or even cares. But when they (Good People) die, no calamity can harm them. Those who lead Good lives find peace and rest in death."

Now you come along and tell us that even the unrepentant wicked find peace and rest in death as they await the great final Judgement.

So who are we to believe? I think I will stick to the scriptures mate,and believe that it is only the Righteous who enter into Christ, the cornerstone to the new Glorious Temple of God, who find peace and rest in death as they await the great Judgement, and their resurrection to eternal life.
I said no such thing. Nor do I subscribe to the idea of soul sleep.

Old 02-04-2020, 08:37 PM

6,830 posts, read 2,954,720 times
Quote:
Even if others are not aware, Mike, "I" know why you are using that term. You ARE using that term in a pejorative manner. I didn't come down in the last shower, my friend! Anyway, how about sticking to what THE BIBLE says about the state of the dead? If this has not been said enough times already, the Bible states unequivocally that the dead 'sleep' in their graves until resurrection day. I'm curious, tell me ...what IS IT about that teaching that you don't like? Is it because it contradicts the teaching of your particular church and you simply cannot allow that ...despite what the Bible states?

Tell you what ...this is rather a novel suggestion but what say you actually dispute in plain English those scriptures that refer to the dead 'sleeping' in their graves? There are, I believe, about 34 of them in both the Old and the New Testaments, some of which come from Jesus and Paul. That, at least, would be a start in giving your views on this topic some credibility rather than your saying, "You're wrong" all the time. This IS the Christian sub-forum so I think it's okay to discuss the Bible.

Old 02-04-2020, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
[color="Navy"]Even if others are not aware, Mike, "I" know why you are using that term. You ARE using that term in a pejorative manner.
No, you don't. And no I'm not.

Old 02-04-2020, 08:40 PM

Quote:
I said no such thing. Nor do I subscribe to the idea of soul sleep.
So you don't believe that 'SOUL SLEEP' is a valid term in reference to the disembodied spirits of the unrepentant wicked. Am I correct?

Old 02-04-2020, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
So you don't believe that 'SOUL SLEEP' is a valid term in reference to the disembodied spirits of the unrepentant wicked. Am I correct?
Soul sleep is a valid term with reference to a false belief that the soul is unconscious between physical death and resurrection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity