Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2021, 06:51 PM

3,220 posts, read 923,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jesus Christ's blood was shed! What exactly do you think can UNDO the forgiveness achieved by the shed blood of Christ on Calvary, JBF???? This is true. All those who have agape love are "born of God" (conceived by God) and cannot sin while in the states of mind of agape love.
Agape love is of the precepts and doctrine of men. They think because they call it agape love that it is of God. Not so. God has defined His love but those who support agape love reject it for the precepts and doctrine of men.

“As the Father has loved me so I have loved you. Abide in my love. You will abide in my love if you keep my commandments just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in His love.”

Unfortunately those who do not keep God’s word do not know the commandments!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2021, 06:55 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,317,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
Agreed, our doctrines are at opposite ends of the spectrum. You're doctrines, and correct me if I'm wrong, clearly follow the path of Arminius and the Remonstrants.

I'm aware that my own beliefs agree most often with Luther and the early period of the Reformation, though I came to this understanding prior to knowing theirs. The main area of disagreement that I have with the early reformation is the distinction I make between "flesh and spirit" of the soul in judgment. The flesh being cast out, to the saving of the spirit and soul, thereby allowing myself to fully embrace "the times of restitution of all things" (Act 3:21).
I looked at it a different way. Not so much involved as to where it came from or what it's called as to getting it right according to scripture. I don't care who believed what, I want the truth! The only way to find it is with faith that the Holy Spirit will guide you in that truth.

I found many years ago that if you place your faith in Christ and do what you know is right, and practice in your life the following will happen, and God will see to it that it will happen.

Prov. 1:23

"Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you."

Now this is a promise of God that He will fulfill in anyone's life IF you listen to Him.

As far as Acts 3:21, you must read the context to get the meaning, as with any verse. No single verse of scripture should be taken as understood without the context. This is critical in determining doctrine and understanding the details of scripture.

Peter has just commanded a lame man from his birth to stand up and walk in the name of Jesus. He does and a crowd gathers to see what has happened. They are astonished at what they see, knowing this man was lame and now jumping and leaping in the temple.

With the crown already formed, Peter just starts preaching! In short he tells the crowd of Jews they have crucified the Messiah, Jesus the Christ, and He is the One that gave the power to heal this man through faith in His name.

Peter tells them to repent for their sins that your names be not blotted out, and God will send Jesus which preached to all of you before.

Now we are at vs.21.

"Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began."

Peter is telling them that Jesus is now in heaven awaiting the fulfillment of God's plan of salvation for man to come full circle "the restitution of all things."

This age of grace must run its course before Christ can return (as Peter told them above in the bold) at the Second Coming.

Then Peter confirms this by telling them the prophets have already spoken this.

"The restitution of all things" is God's plan from the foundation of the world to include the Jews and the Gentiles in salvation. He had a plan as to how this would all come together. Being that Christ came only to the Jews and offered them the kingdom and salvation, and they were to introduce Christ to the world, but they failed by rejecting Him.

So God brought about the "restitution of all things" by way of the Church instead in this Age of Grace to fulfill His plan.

Old 07-28-2021, 07:49 PM

1,091 posts, read 277,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
I looked at it a different way....
OK... However, you didn't address any of the scriptures concerning the "flesh" and "free will", or Martin Luther's: Bondage of the Will. Do you have comments on those items?

If not, read some short articles regarding Monergism vs. Synergism, here, and tell me what you think:

https://www.monergism.com/thethresho...onergism2.html

https://www.monergism.com/thethresho.../Murphy01.html

https://www.monergism.com/thethresho...nianism12.html

Old 07-28-2021, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
OK... However, you didn't address any of the scriptures concerning the "flesh" and "free will", or Martin Luther's: Bondage of the Will. Do you have comments on those items?

If not, read some short articles regarding Monergism vs. Synergism, here, and tell me what you think:

https://www.monergism.com/thethresho...onergism2.html

https://www.monergism.com/thethresho.../Murphy01.html

https://www.monergism.com/thethresho...nianism12.html
It requires a lot of space to cover any given thing. Can't cover it all in one post. I'll take a look at this see what it is.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:03 PM

Quote:
It requires a lot of space to cover any given thing. Can't cover it all in one post. I'll take a look at this see what it is.
Hey, or maybe I won't. Have you seen the size of these pages you posted?

I don't have a spare WEEK to study this stuff.

Gonna half to slim her down for Charlie to look at it!

Old 07-28-2021, 08:46 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Agape love is of the precepts and doctrine of men. They think because they call it agape love that it is of God. Not so. God has defined His love but those who support agape love reject it for the precepts and doctrine of men.

“As the Father has loved me so I have loved you. Abide in my love. You will abide in my love if you keep my commandments just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in His love.”

Unfortunately, those who do not keep God’s word do not know the commandments!
Everything you THINK you have perceived or understood when you were NOT in any of the states of mind associated with agape love was NOT guided by God or Jesus, period. I do not know WHAT or WHO they were guided by but it was definitely NOT Jesus or God.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:49 PM

Quote:
It won't matter, Charlie. As long as you are NOT in any of the states of mind associated with agape love, and in fact, are in OPPOSITE states of mind, you will never be guided by or understand either God or Jesus no matter what you read.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 07-28-2021 at 09:18 PM..

Old 07-28-2021, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It won't matte, Charlie. As long as you are NOT in any of the states of mind associated with agape love, and in fact, are in OPPOSITE states of mind, you will never be guided by or understand either God or Jesus no matter what you read.
I've never had those dreams and revelations, I don't have what it takes to be a UR man.

I've never had a dream as I can remember, I hear you have to have a whole bunch of those to qualify for the UR!

Old 07-28-2021, 09:06 PM

1,091 posts, read 277,660 times
Quote:

That's OK, thanks.

I posted the links for others too that might be looking for more in-depth information than is generally available in one or two paragraph forum posts. The articles aren't really too long (I tried to find short ones that had scripture references).

They're essentially comparative views within Reformed theology on the topics we're discussing. If you're already familiar with the subject material it might only take 10 or 15 minutes to scan for general content.

Old 07-28-2021, 09:39 PM

Quote:
I've never had those dreams and revelations, I don't have what it takes to be a UR man.
I've never had a dream as I can remember, I hear you have to have a whole bunch of those to qualify for the UR!
You are ignoring one of the many signs presaging the last days, Charlie:

Joel 2:28-29 King James Version

28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity