Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2021, 05:09 AM

1,091 posts, read 279,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Mat 13:41, The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
Mat 13:42, And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

See Luke 16:10. Because you lied about this scripture (which might be considered to be a little thing) you will not be faithful in greater things. Consider yourself marked.
I posted the text for you to see where the wailing and gnashing of teeth takes place. It's in the soul. It's the soul being purged of the flesh, the "old man", by fire. The text shows where the tears (wailing) occur and are being wiped away and where there is no more sorrow and pain (gnashing of teeth) occurs. Here, I'll quote it again:

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Isa 25:8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

Do you honestly think those scriptures are telling a lie? Consider myself marked? You really aren't doing well my friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2021, 07:50 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
I posted the text for you to see where the wailing and gnashing of teeth takes place. It's in the soul. It's the soul being purged of the flesh, the "old man", by fire. The text shows where the tears (wailing) occur and are being wiped away and where there is no more sorrow and pain (gnashing of teeth) occurs. Here, I'll quote it again:

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Isa 25:8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

Do you honestly think those scriptures are telling a lie? Consider myself marked? You really aren't doing well my friend.
They certainly are not lying, Guru is just taking them completely out of context to fit his narrative.

Old 07-31-2021, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
They certainly are not lying, Guru is just taking them completely out of context to fit his narrative.
Did anyone ask how he's doing that?

Old 07-31-2021, 08:30 AM

Quote:
I don't really have a narrative concerning UR. It simply is what it is. The "furnace of fire" that purges the "flesh" (the "old man", the "carnal man", the "natural man") and refines the soul, takes place in the soul. Not outside the soul, but in the soul. And after that has occurred, the tears and pain of the soul are wiped away. For the former things (the "old man") are passed away.

Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

I know you do not like the Gk. text, but I need to comment on a few more things here.

In v.3, He "will dwell with them", and "they shall be his people", and "God himself shall be with them". Each of those verbs: "dwell", "be", and "be", are in the future tense, indicative mood. It includes those who do not dwell now (present tense) with God, are not now (present tense) His people, nor is God now (present tense) their God. You need to realize that v.3 is speaking of unbelievers too.

And it is for those people, whom God wipes away all tears from THEIR eyes, neither shall their be any more pain for them.

Old 07-31-2021, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
I don't really have a narrative concerning UR. It simply is what it is. The "furnace of fire" that purges the "flesh" (the "old man", the "carnal man", the "natural man") and refines the soul, takes place in the soul. Not outside the soul, but in the soul. And after that has occurred, the tears and pain of the soul are wiped away. For the former things (the "old man") are passed away.

Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

I know you do not like the Gk. text, but I need to comment on a few more things here.

In v.3, He "will dwell with them", and "they shall be his people", and "God himself shall be with them". Each of those verbs: "dwell", "be", and "be", are in the future tense, indicative mood. It includes those who do not dwell now (present tense) with God, are not now (present tense) His people, nor is God now (present tense) their God. You need to realize that v.3 is speaking of unbelievers too.

And it is for those people, whom God wipes away all tears from THEIR eyes, neither shall their be any more pain for them.
Well, my hands are tied on this thread! I'm pretty sure mensaguy is watching and ready to drop the hammer on me for being off topic. I don't think you have anything to worry about though.

Old 07-31-2021, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Well, my hands are tied on this thread! I'm pretty sure mensaguy is watching and ready to drop the hammer on me for being off topic. I don't think you have anything to worry about though.
That's fine. I call it the way scripture say's it and how I see it.

Old 07-31-2021, 12:39 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Well, context does matter, Charlie. The problem is your overall context is of a wrathful, vengeful God who needs to be appeased by blood sacrifices which completely skews the interpretation away from the God revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus Christ!!!

Old 07-31-2021, 12:56 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,168,573 times
Quote:
Psa 5:5, The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
Psa 5:6, Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.

Psa 7:11, God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.

I am only quoting a few of the scriptures that speak on this subject in order to get a response.

It should be clear that the LORD abhors the bloody and deceitful man and that He hates all workers of iniquity.

He also, judges even the righteous; and is angry with the wicked every day.

Thoughts and comments?
I know that there are a few here who will discount the above scriptures as "not being in conjunction with the idea of God's agape love"

So, in this thread, I would also like to discuss the rationale that these people have for discounting certain scriptures while receiving others.

What is the criteria for this judgment? Anything that speaks of the Lord punishing the wicked is to be removed from holy scripture?

Is there any other reason why a scripture should not be included as inspired?

Because, if God's righteous judgment is the only thing that can be determined to "not be in conjunction with the idea of God's agape love", then I smell a rat.

It seems to me that there is simply a bias against a certain type of doctrine that is being wrapped up into semi-acceptable terminology as a selling point.

1Th 5:8 But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation.
1Th 5:9 For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,
1Th 5:10 who died for us so that whether we are awake or asleep we might live with him

Old 07-31-2021, 01:10 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
1Th 5:8 But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation.
1Th 5:9 For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,
1Th 5:10 who died for us so that whether we are awake or asleep we might live with him

Old 07-31-2021, 08:09 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
I like to exalt my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ; which is exactly what I have been doing here.

Yours is the doctrine of devils; for those who believe in your doctrine will be caught unawares without a warning about what awaits them in eternity. They will be in for a rude awakening on their day of judgment; whereas if they had believed in the truth, they might have taken warning and repented of their sins and received Christ's finished work as a propitiation.
telling everyone that Jesus is a failure is not exalting Jesus

Paul call your doctrine a doctrine of devils, so I at least stand on good ground to also say it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity