Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2021, 02:17 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Our answers are logical and after the example Jesus set out for us, your answers are illogical and make the Father and the Son failures. Gee I wounder who has given the better answer.
You mean where he got ticked off at the moneychangers, made a whip and drove them out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2021, 02:26 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You mean where he got ticked off at the moneychangers, made a whip and drove them out?
Apparently, you are selling a sacrifice.

Old 08-06-2021, 03:03 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
You mean where He chastised the money changers for defiling God's temple? Why do you assume He was angry and not just correcting their perversion of God's place of worship?

Old 08-06-2021, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You mean where He chastised the money changers for defiling God's temple? Why do you assume He was angry and not just correcting their perversion of God's place of worship?
The point, of course, is that he made a whip, turned over tables, and violently drove people out of the temple.

And you don't believe that was anger?

Old 08-06-2021, 03:30 PM

Quote:
The point, of course, is that he made a whip, turned over tables, and violently drove people out of the temple.
In a human, it would be, but not in God.

Old 08-06-2021, 03:35 PM

Quote:
In a human, it would be, but not in God.
You've got such bizarre ideas about God.

Old 08-06-2021, 03:47 PM

Quote:
You've got such bizarre ideas about God.
You clearly know nothing about human psychology or you would realize that anger is a human WEAKNESS. God has no such weaknesses. You have formed God in your own image which I am sad to say is not very flattering.

Old 08-06-2021, 04:00 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times
Quote:

I don’t think we are to read things into it BF

the meaning is clear

Mar 11:15**And they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves;
Mar 11:16**And would not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple.
Mar 11:17**And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.
Mar 11:18**And the scribes and chief priests heard it, and sought how they might destroy him: for they feared him, because all the people was astonished at his doctrine.
Mar 11:19**And when even was come, he went out of the city.

Joh 2:13**And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem,
Joh 2:14**And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting:
Joh 2:15**And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;
Joh 2:16**And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.
Joh 2:17**And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up.
Joh 2:18**Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?
Joh 2:19**Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
Joh 2:20**Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
Joh 2:21**But he spake of the temple of his body.
Joh 2:22**When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

Old 08-06-2021, 11:45 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,842,411 times
Quote:
Because you blindly accept everything in the book without testing it against what Jesus Christ Himself revealed and unambiguously demonstrated about the True Nature of God's Holy Spirit of agape love. When you accept what is NOT compatible or consistent with God's True Nature, you are ignoring Him in favor of what is in the book.
The authors of the Book were tested and found to be true apostles (Revelation 2:2).

So, the things that they wrote, I deem to be trustworthy, since they were written by those whom Jesus promised would have the Holy Spirit to guide them into all truth (John 14:26, 16:13).

Quote:
Jesus was clear and unambiguous during scourging and crucifixion that He is agape love and forgiveness, NO WRATH whatsoever!! You reject God's True Nature as "wimpy," "Hippie," and "panty-waisted." I am not worried, but you should be.
Why should I be worried? if you are right, there is no wrath coming against me from God.

If I am right, then I am doing His will by proclaiming His judgments; and will be rewarded with a good reward.

Old 08-07-2021, 02:21 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
The authors of the Book were tested and found to be true apostles (Revelation 2:2).

So, the things that they wrote, I deem to be trustworthy, since they were written by those whom Jesus promised would have the Holy Spirit to guide them into all truth (John 14:26, 16:13).

Why should I be worried? if you are right, there is no wrath coming against me from God.

If I am right, then I am doing His will by proclaiming His judgments; and will be rewarded with a good reward.
The "golden" ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity