Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2021, 12:30 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You interpret it as wrath because that is what motivates humans but our ways are not God's ways. Is it a warning to Israel of impending spiritual consequences? I could accept that. Is it a demonstration of wrath? No! I feel the same about you, JBF. Sorry, brother. I reject outright your concept of Hell, eternal sinning, and punishment. Christ's God loves, chastises, corrects, and then forgives, period.
And if someone will not receive the chastisement but decides that they will never bow the knee to Jesus because in their opinion He is obviously satan?

What is the fate of the person who will never repent of being a sinner; who never avails Himself of what Christ did for Him in order to deal with the sin nature within him?

If someone has genuine faith in Christ and then falls away from that faith, the Bible teaches (in Hebrews 6:1-8) that it is impossible to bring such a person to repentance.

So, that is one case in holy scripture of someone who will never repent.

I know that you reject my concepts of hell, eternal sinning, and punishment. But in doing so you cannot honestly call yourself a Bible-believing Christian. And those are the only kind of Christians who are truly born again, impaho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2021, 12:46 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
And if someone will not receive the chastisement but decides that they will never bow the knee to Jesus because in their opinion He is obviously satan?

What is the fate of the person who will never repent of being a sinner; who never avails Himself of what Christ did for Him in order to deal with the sin nature within him?

If someone has genuine faith in Christ and then falls away from that faith, the Bible teaches (in Hebrews 6:1-8) that it is impossible to bring such a person to repentance.

I know that you reject my concepts of hell, eternal sinning, and punishment. But in doing so you cannot honestly call yourself a Bible-believing Christian. And those are the only kind of Christians who are truly born again, impaho.
That is not a problem, JBF. I do not expect to be born again until my physical death. I do not believe Bible-believing Christians actually follow Christ. I believe they bend the knee to the Bible. Christ's agape-loving God is my version of God, NOT your wrathful, vengeful Bible-believing version.

Old 08-05-2021, 12:53 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:

Does that mean, in my pathetic and humble opinion (impaho)? The only thing you are doing is following the beliefs which were adopted into Christianism from a multitude of different cultures. Like that of the Greek and Egyptians to name a couple. Your rote learning is void of any discernment for the truth.

Old 08-05-2021, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Does that mean, in my pathetic and humble opinion (impaho)? The only thing you are doing is following the beliefs which were adopted into Christianism from a multitude of different cultures. Like that of the Greek and Egyptians to name a couple. Your rote learning is void of any discernment for the truth.
The "p" stand for personal.

Although someone once jokngly told me that they thought I meant, "in my perfect and honest opinion"

While in my acronym, the "h" does stand for humble.
So, do you believe that what we have in the Bible as the teaching of Jesus and the apostles is actually pagan beliefs adopted from many different cultures?

I would say that such a concept does not make any sense to me.

For it is the Bible that stands as a bastion of truth against pagan beliefs.

For if it is not the Bible that does this, what on earth does?

Old 08-05-2021, 02:32 PM

Quote:
The "p" stand for personal.
Although someone once jokngly told me that they thought I meant, "in my perfect and honest opinion"
While in my acronym, the "h" does stand for humble..
So, do you believe that what we have in the Bible as the teaching of Jesus and the apostles is actually pagan beliefs adopted from many different cultures?
I would say that such a concept does not make any sense to me.
For it is the Bible that stands as a bastion of truth against pagan beliefs.
For if it is not the Bible that does this, what on earth does?
Jesus Christ does!!! You know, the one you ignore in favor of the Bible that tells us about Him.

Old 08-05-2021, 10:26 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:

But, he is saying by that, that Jesus died for all men; not that every man would necessarily avail themselves of what He did for them, through faith.
Nonsense the scripture says He is the saviour of ALL MEN, and other doctrine that says otherwise is a doctrine of devils.

Old 08-05-2021, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Nonsense the scripture says He is the saviour of ALL MEN, and other doctrine that says otherwise is a doctrine of devils.

Old 08-05-2021, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jesus Christ does!!! You know, the one you ignore in favor of the Bible that tells us about Him.
If I am in favour of a Book that tells me about Jesus Christ, how then can I be ignoring Him?

I am learning about Him more and more every day through what I read in that Book.

Quote:
How, then, is there everlasting punishment for some (Matthew 25:46)? Was Jesus purporting a doctrine of devils when He spoke what He said in that verse?

Old 08-06-2021, 12:05 AM

Please note that I believe that the English translations we have today (specifically and especially the kjv) is so that the common people can have access to the unadulterated message of the word of God.

The educated scribes and Pharisees rejected Jesus; while the common people heard Him gladly.

Which corresponds to educated Greek and Hebrew scholars of today, who are also inclined to reject Jesus as He is (see Mark 4:36, Exodus 3:14).

While those who read and trust the Bible as it is given to them in their own language correspond to the common people of Jesus' day.
God is both loving and Omnipotent and sovereign.

Because He is Omnipotent and sovereign, He has the power to preserve the holy scriptures as an unadulterated message as it is given to the common people.

Because He is loving, He is motivated to do so.

Therefore, I conclude that we do not need to be educated in Hebrew and Greek in order to have access to the Lord's unadulterated message.

There are those who would argue about words to the detriment of (1 Timothy 6:4) and to the subverting of (2 Timothy 2:14) the hearers.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 08-06-2021 at 12:34 AM..

Old 08-06-2021, 03:35 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
The nonsense is coming from you, pneuma! He is the Saviour of all men in that He is the only Saviour and way to eternal life. There is no other way!

Nowhere in scripture do we find what you teach, that all mankind will be saved! You say it and can't show us one line in scripture to support it. You only have a non-scriptural theory based on your own ideas.

The scripture means nothing to you, and truth takes a backseat to your own way of thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity