Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2021, 09:44 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Oh for pete sake all you had to do was google it.

Is.26:9

With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

So what happen when Gods judgments are in the earth?

the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

Now does that sound like eternal torment to you?

All Gods judgments are corrective in nature, something the world will eventually find out and it is way I said you are in for a rude awakening when you find you are under the judgments of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2021, 09:47 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Oh for pete sake all you had to do was google it.

Is.26:9

With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

So what happen when Gods judgments are in the earth?

the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

Now does that sound like eternal torment to you?

All Gods judgments are corrective in nature, something the world will eventually find out and it is way I said you are in for a rude awakening when you find you are under the judgments of God.
Did you look at context? the verse after it (verse 10)?

Isa 26:10, Let favour be shewed to the wicked, yet will he not learn righteousness: in the land of uprightness will he deal unjustly, and will not behold the majesty of the LORD.

This implies that not everyone will learn righteousness when God's judgments are in the earth.

Old 08-08-2021, 10:23 AM

Quote:

Isa 26:10, Let favour be shewed to the wicked, yet will he not learn righteousness: in the land of uprightness will he deal unjustly, and will not behold the majesty of the LORD.

This implies that not everyone will learn righteousness when God's judgments are in the earth.
do you know anything about the old man nature and the new man nature?

the way you see it those scriptures would conflict and all you are doing is choosing one over the other, but if it is speaking of the old man and the new man, flesh and spirit then they do not conflict.

Old 08-08-2021, 10:27 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
do you know anything about the old man nature and the new man nature?

the way you see it those scriptures would conflict and all you are doing is choosing one over the other, but if it is speaking of the old man and the new man, flesh and spirit then they do not conflict.
also of note is that they are speaking of two different things.

You can show the old man nature favour and it will do no good, that is why judgment is required and like the scripture say when God judgments are in the earth (we are of the earth earthy) the world will learn righteousness.

Old 08-08-2021, 10:28 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:

No, YOU INFER that because of your human desire for eternal punishment instead of correction and refinement.

Old 08-11-2021, 07:23 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No, YOU INFER that because of your human desire for eternal punishment instead of correction and refinement.
I have no desire for eternal punishment to be the reality. If it were up to me, I would have caused it to be even as you preach it.

But God has His reasons for making it the way that it is; and who am I to judge God?

I consider that He is righteous in that He has instituted eternal torments as a punishment; not because I necessarily agree with His point of view; but because I consider that God cannot be anything but righteous.

He is God and I am not. Who am I to argue with the way that He has instituted things to be?

Old 08-11-2021, 08:58 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
I have no desire for eternal punishment to be the reality. If it were up to me, I would have caused it to be even as you preach it.

But God has His reasons for making it the way that it is; and who am I to judge God?

I consider that He is righteous in that He has instituted eternal torments as a punishment; not because I necessarily agree with His point of view; but because I consider that God cannot be anything but righteous.

He is God and I am not. Who am I to argue with the way that He has instituted things to be?
I wish it were that way too! But if you follow scripture, taking in all it says, the UR is dead wrong!

There's no way around it. They are straight up without a doubt denying the word of God, and have not one single verse of scripture to justify anything they say, period!

Old 08-11-2021, 09:56 AM

299 posts, read 104,241 times
If God had not wanted sin to come into being, it wouldn't have. That much seems clear. If some fool sinner thinks he can foul up God's plan, he is wrong. His sinful and foolish actions are the unfolding of a divinely conceived history. Not a sparrow can fall apart from God's will.

In a universe where everything that happens is supposed to happen, what has God got to be angry about?

Old 08-11-2021, 10:23 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Humphrey View Post
If God had not wanted sin to come into being, it wouldn't have. That much seems clear. If some fool sinner thinks he can foul up God's plan, he is wrong. His sinful and foolish actions are the unfolding of a divinely conceived history. Not a sparrow can fall apart from God's will.

In a universe where everything that happens is supposed to happen, what has God got to be angry about?
This is what God is angry about!

Isaiah 59:2

"But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear."

Being that the scripture says that "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."

Do you think God did this to man, or did man do it to himself?

Is there a way to come back in relationship with God that He will hear?

Old 08-11-2021, 10:34 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:

You accept the completely unacceptable because you mistakenly believe every single word "written in ink" by flawed and fallible humans with ignorance, superstition, and barbaric beliefs about God. You are taking an enormous gamble on the belief that they did not in any way corrupt the original Gospel of Jesus Christ. That precept of men is NOT based on anything in scripture but the conjecture and inferences of men.

Yet you deliberately deny and reject the unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit of agape love by Jesus Christ as "wimpy," "Hippie," and "panty-waisted." You test nothing claimed by those fallible men against the infallible revelation of God's True Nature by our Lord Jesus Christ! You will have to account for this reliance on the "precepts and doctrines of men" over Jesus!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
I wish it were that way too! But if you follow scripture, taking in all it says, the UR is dead wrong!
There's no way around it. They are straight-up without a doubt denying the word of God, and have not one single verse of scripture to justify anything they say, period!
You both repeat this lie despite having been shown many verses that justify what is claimed because you just reject any such concept of an agape loving God as too "wimpy" to be acceptable to you. You will regret it.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 08-11-2021 at 10:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity