Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2021, 02:55 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Humphrey View Post
He didn't attack God's Word. He is saying that The Word is not just letters printed on a page. Christ Himself is The Word - - the Logos which is the rational ordering principle of the universe. Sacred literature is given to us through fallible men, often arising from a distant time and place which makes it very hard for us to understand it.

The Word of the Johannine gospel is unchanging, eternal, utterly reliable and ultimately abstract. It is not the reading and interpreting of printed words.
He has routinely attacked God's Word by stating the Bible is not God's Word, and is just the words of primitive men.

Again. Why anyone would believe their own fickle heart over that of Jesus and the Apostles is beyond me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2021, 03:00 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Why did He have to endure that "brutal and savage treatment?"
What was the purpose of it, Mystic? Why couldn't God just forgive and forget without putting His Son through that?
God has no problem forgiving anything so there was nothing for God to forgive, Charlie. It had no purpose from God's point of view. It was entirely to propitiate our ancestors' completely unjustified wrath and vengeance. It was in the minds of our ignorant, primitive, savage, and brutal ancestors, Charlie. Why it happened WAS the point of it as was God's reaction to it. Jesus responding with NO wrath or vengeance, just His Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness, was something unexpected and completely alien to our savage ancestors.

There is an interpretation of Judas's role in one of the apocryphal Gospels that suggested that Judas thought he was doing what Jesus wanted to confront the Romans. He undoubtedly expected Jesus to respond with God's wrath and vengeance against the Romans. That is why he was so completely devasted by what actually happened to Jesus. From this vantage point so far removed from the actual era, it is impossible to know for sure exactly what actually transpired or why. We just have our ignorant ancestors' beliefs about it.

Old 08-13-2021, 03:08 PM

299 posts, read 104,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
He has routinely attacked God's Word by stating the Bible is not God's Word, and is just the words of primitive men.

Again. Why anyone would believe their own fickle heart over that of Jesus and the Apostles is beyond me.
I think we have a responsibility as Christians to try as best we can to put the best construction on what others say. If the Lord Himself and his disciples appeared to Mystic and said X, and if Mystic then examined his fickle heart and found that it said Y, your caricature of Mystic has him choosing Y as the more reliable. That is putting the worst possible construction on what Mystic said, which is useful if you want to avoid dealing with any meritorious ideas he may have had.

Old 08-13-2021, 03:37 PM

Quote:
You haven't answered my question. Why do you believe your own fickle heart, but you refuse to believe the words of the apostles and Jesus?
In essence you put yourself on a level higher than Jesus and subject him to you.
Stop this blatant lying, BF. It has to be deliberate because you have been told too many times I do NOT use my own understanding. I do not place myself higher than Jesus, but YOU place the Bible higher. I do not refuse to believe what the Bible claims are from the apostles and Jesus. I TEST it against Jesus on the Cross. I use God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed by JESUS CHRIST to decide if what is written in ink is an accurate interpretation and representation of Jesus or God. You don't bother thinking the Bible is superior to Jesus on the Cross as a representation of God.

You keep repeating these blatant lies about me like some religions mantra and it is baiting that borders on trolling. Cease and desist!!! You are performing evil false witness against a brother while pretending to be a follower of Christ. You cannot lie for Jesus without ending up a liar in the next life no matter what excuse you think justifies it.

Old 08-13-2021, 03:41 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Stop this blatant lying, BF. It has to be deliberate because you have been told too many times I do NOT use my own understanding. I do not place myself higher than Jesus, but YOU place the Bible higher. I do not refuse to believe what the Bible claims are from the apostles and Jesus. I TEST it against Jesus on the Cross. I use God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed by JESUS CHRIST to decide if what is written in ink is an accurate interpretation and representation of Jesus or God. You don't bother thinking the Bible is superior to Jesus on the Cross as a representation of God.

You keep repeating these blatant lies about me like some religions mantra and it is baiting that borders on trolling. Cease and desist!!! You are performing evil false witness against a brother while pretending to be a follower of Christ. You cannot lie for Jesus without ending up a liar in the next life no matter what excuse you think justifies it.
No Mystic, you are pitting the Holy Spirit against His own inspired words with your so-called testing.

That's what you're doing! If you don't like it, it's time to cancel it out with some testing!

Old 08-13-2021, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Stop lying!!! I said the Bible CONTAINS the word of God but it is NOT the Word of God, Jesus is! You accept everything in it as the word of God which is a grave and unnecessary error since we have the unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit of agape love by Jesus on the Cross to TEST the spirit of anything claimed to be from God or Jesus. You don't bother but you castigate me for doing so.

Old 08-13-2021, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
No Mystic, you are pitting the Holy Spirit against His own inspired words with your so-called testing.
That's what you're doing! If you don't like it, it's time to cancel it out with some testing!
MEN have told you that EVERYTHING in the Bible is recorded infallibly from the Holy Spirit by fallible men and you are betting your soul on it instead of on Jesus Christ who infallibly and unambiguously demonstrated God's Holy Spirit of agape love on the Cross. You are following what MEN fallibly said is the correctly interpreted Holy Spirit, NOT what Jesus Christ infallibly revealed is the Holy Spirit of God, Charlie!!!

Old 08-13-2021, 03:57 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
MEN have told you that EVERYTHING in the Bible is recorded infallibly from the Holy Spirit by fallible men and you are betting your soul on it instead of on Jesus Christ who infallibly and unambiguously demonstrated God's Holy Spirit of agape love on the Cross. You are following what MEN fallibly said is the correctly interpreted Holy Spirit, NOT what Jesus Christ infallibly revealed is the Holy Spirit of God, Charlie!!!
I sure will bet my soul on the authenticity of scripture over your logic, any day all day!

Old 08-13-2021, 04:00 PM

89 posts, read 23,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Psa 5:5, The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
Psa 5:6, Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.

Psa 7:11, God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.

I am only quoting a few of the scriptures that speak on this subject in order to get a response.

It should be clear that the LORD abhors the bloody and deceitful man and that He hates all workers of iniquity.

He also, judges even the righteous; and is angry with the wicked every day.

Thoughts and comments?
I know that there are a few here who will discount the above scriptures as "not being in conjunction with the idea of God's agape love"

So, in this thread, I would also like to discuss the rationale that these people have for discounting certain scriptures while receiving others.

What is the criteria for this judgment? Anything that speaks of the Lord punishing the wicked is to be removed from holy scripture?

Is there any other reason why a scripture should not be included as inspired?

Because, if God's righteous judgment is the only thing that can be determined to "not be in conjunction with the idea of God's agape love", then I smell a rat.

It seems to me that there is simply a bias against a certain type of doctrine that is being wrapped up into semi-acceptable terminology as a selling point.
2 Timothy 3:16

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

All Scripture from Genesis to Revelation is the inspired Word of Elohim/God and is binding on the True follower of Messiah/Christ to devotedly obey. The discounting of certain Scriptures is the work of the Devil/Satan in his continued devoted effort to make Satan/Devil Worshippers and destroy Real Christians.

Old 08-13-2021, 04:18 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,972,615 times
Quote:
God has no problem forgiving anything so there was nothing for God to forgive,...........
According to Matthew 12:32 God does Not forgive the unforgivable sin.
Hebrews 10:26 lets us know such a willful practice of sin means No forgiveness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity