Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2021, 04:33 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
I sure will bet my soul on the authenticity of scripture over your logic, any day all day!
But you are NOT betting against my logic, you are betting against that "wimpy" Jesus Christ on the Cross, Charlie, in favor of your super macho wrathful and vengeful God who needs to be appeased by scourging and blood sacrifices, no less!!! What puny human would dare try to disobey such a masterful Almighty God, right?? Is that how you treated your puny disobedient kids, Charlie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2021, 04:45 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
But you are NOT betting against my logic, you are betting against that "wimpy" Jesus Christ on the Cross, Charlie, in favor of your super macho wrathful and vengeful God who needs to be appeased by scourging and blood sacrifices, no less!!! What puny human would dare try to disobey such a masterful Almighty God, right?? Is that how you treated your puny disobedient kids, Charlie?
I find 'No appeasing by scourging and blood sacrifices' according to Jeremiah 32:35; Deut. 18:10; 2nd Chronicles28:3.

Sinner Satan is the one who challenges (Job 2:4-5) 'touch our 'flesh..' (loose physical health) and we would Not serve God.
Both Job and Jesus under adverse conditions proved Satan a liar and so can we.

Old 08-14-2021, 10:29 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Stop lying!!! I said the Bible CONTAINS the word of God but it is NOT the Word of God, Jesus is! You accept everything in it as the word of God which is a grave and unnecessary error since we have the unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit of agape love by Jesus on the Cross to TEST the spirit of anything claimed to be from God or Jesus. You don't bother but you castigate me for doing so.
Right. And it's amazing how only you can tell what parts are what.

Because you've experienced a mysterious presence that claimed to be Jesus. Hate to say it, but you've been catfished.

Old 08-14-2021, 11:49 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Utter nonsense.
The preaching of the Cross is foolishness (nonsense) to those who are perishing (1 Corinthians 1:18).

And, For after that in the wisdom of God the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness (nonsense) of preaching to save them that believe (1 Corinthians 1:21).

Quote:
I do not place myself higher than Jesus, but YOU place the Bible higher. I do not refuse to believe what the Bible claims are from the apostles and Jesus.
The Bible places God's word above His name (Psalms 138:2).

We find in Hebrews 13:7 that the word of God is spoken.

Do you confess, in light of this fact, that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh?

There is a difference in the Bible between what we call the Word of God and what we call the word of God.

When it is capitalized, it is referring to Jesus.

When it is uncapitalized, it is referring to God's written word, the Bible.

Example,

Heb 4:12, For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Eph 6:17, And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Old 08-14-2021, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Right. And it's amazing how only you can tell what parts are what.
Anyone capable of actually reading what Jesus described about God's Holy Spirit of agape love and who believes His unambiguous demonstration of it on the Cros can tell what is and is not compatible with God's Holy Spirit. Only those who close-mindedly believe our primitive ancestors' beliefs about a wrathful and vengeful War God are unable to properly divide the word of God from the words of men in the Bible.

Old 08-14-2021, 12:37 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
MysticPhD unequivocably denies the reality of the gospel of Jesus Christ in what we call the blood atonement, Penal Substitution;

In that Jesus died on the Cross in order to take the just penalty that we deserved as concerning sins that we committed.

In doing so, he is fighting against God and is attempting to undermine the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I wouldn't want to be him on the day of judgment in the case that he actually deceives anyone with his rhetoric.

Old 08-14-2021, 01:12 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Anyone capable of actually reading what Jesus described about God's Holy Spirit of agape love and who believes His unambiguous demonstration of it on the Cros can tell what is and is not compatible with God's Holy Spirit. Only those who close-mindedly believe our primitive ancestors' beliefs about a wrathful and vengeful War God are unable to properly divide the word of God from the words of men in the Bible.
Again, though. Don't pick and choose. Believe all of God's Word.

Old 08-14-2021, 01:16 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Sound advise, BF!

Old 08-14-2021, 01:28 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
MysticPhD unequivocably denies the reality of the gospel of Jesus Christ in what we call the blood atonement, Penal Substitution; In that Jesus died on the Cross in order to take the just penalty that we deserved as concerning sins that we committed.

In doing so, he is fighting against God and is attempting to undermine the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I wouldn't want to be him on the day of judgment in the case that he actually deceives anyone with his rhetoric.
Actually, you are the one fighting to maintain your false doctrine(s).

Old 08-14-2021, 01:33 PM

Quote:
You don't have to pick and choose but you DO have to reinterpret what they wrote using the correct knowledge of God's True Nature that has no wrath or vengeance in Him as revealed by Jesus on the Cross. They wrote it accurately using their understanding of their wrathful War God.

As Christians, we need to correct it using our understanding of Christ's God. There are negative consequences but they are NOT punishments imposed by God and they are not eternal. That is human justice. God's perfect justice will balance the scales for all involved, something we humans are unable to do.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 08-14-2021 at 02:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity