Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2021, 06:12 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
As I have said before, it the gift of the word of wisdom has been given to me through prophecy with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.

I only mention it because Paul said to Timothy to use the similar prophecies that were laid upon him as a means for spiritual warfare.
Why then did you revile me?
Because you speak like the "old man" of our ancestors' wrath and vengeance and anger and all manner of unedifying nonsense instead of the "new man" agape love of Christ.

Ephesians 4:20-26- (King James Version)
20 But ye have not so learned Christ;
21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

Ephesians 4:29-32 (King James Version)
29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2021, 06:18 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Because you speak like the "old man" of our ancestors' wrath and vengeance and anger and all manner of unedifying nonsense instead of the "new man" agape love of Christ.

Ephesians 4:23-26- (King James Version)
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

Ephesians 4:29-32 (King James Version)
29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
Of course the Bible says to leave the execution of wrath up to the Lord.

Rom 12:19, Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
Rom 12:20, Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
Rom 12:21, Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Wow, that worked out better than I thought. I didn't remember it reading that way.

Old 08-16-2021, 06:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:

Rom 12:19, Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
Rom 12:20, Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

Wow, that worked out better than I thought. I didn't remember it reading that way.
It must have been the "coals of fire" that got your attention? ROTFLMAO

Old 08-16-2021, 06:44 PM

Quote:

Then why the hell do you dwell on the wrath and vengeance of God instead of His agape love for us all???? You do NOT edify, you corrupt the love of God by your corrupt communication of wrath and vengeance. Exactly what we are told NOT to do!!!!

Old 08-16-2021, 06:54 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Then why the hell do you dwell on the wrath and vengeance of God instead of His agape love for us all???? You do NOT edify, you corrupt the love of God by your corrupt communication of wrath and vengeance. Exactly what we are told NOT to do!!!!
That's his modus operandi or the way he operates.

Old 08-17-2021, 02:01 PM

Quote:
The wrath of God only applies to those who have not received the propitiary sacrifice of Christ on the Cross as a free gift of salvation.

So, as far as I'm concerned, I am not preaching the wrath of God.

Yes, the wrath of God apples to those who have not received salvation as a free gift (Romans 5:15-19).

But it is so easy to receive that gift (Romans 10:9-13, John 1:12). Who would want to reject it?

The wrath of God does not apply to those who receive the gift.

So, if you don't want to be a recipient of God's wrath, simply receive His free gift to you (which cost Him everything) and you will not be a recipient of the wrath of God.

Old 08-17-2021, 02:17 PM

Quote:
The wrath of God only applies to those who have not received the propitiary sacrifice of Christ on the Cross as a free gift of salvation.

So, as far as I'm concerned, I am not preaching the wrath of God.

Yes, the wrath of God apples to those who have not received salvation as a free gift (Romans 5:15-19).

But it is so easy to receive that gift (Romans 10:9-13, John 1:12). Who would want to reject it?

The wrath of God does not apply to those who receive the gift.

So, if you don't want to be a recipient of God's wrath, simply receive His free gift to you (which cost Him everything) and you will not be a recipient of the wrath of God.
You are a seriously misguided evangel of God. You are NOT to preach or ever have any wrath, vengeance, anger, or unedifying communications pass from your mouth if you are representing God and Jesus, period! Reread and reread Ephesians 3 until it sticks in your misguided soul.

Old 08-17-2021, 03:12 PM

Quote:
You are a seriously misguided evangel of God. You are NOT to preach or ever have any wrath, vengeance, anger, or unedifying communications pass from your mouth if you are representing God and Jesus, period! Reread and reread Ephesians 3 until it sticks in your misguided soul.
Phl 4:8, Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

The doctrine of hell is in fact just for reasons that I have explained before.

Because those who are cast into hell, their sin nature has not been dealt with as they have not been born again; and therefore they will continue to add sin to sin and thus the just penalty for their sin will also be increased as they continue to sin in hell and then the lake of fire.

Old 08-17-2021, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Phl 4:8, Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

The doctrine of hell is in fact just for reasons that I have explained before.

Because those who are cast into hell, their sin nature has not been dealt with as they have not been born again; and therefore they will continue to add sin to sin, and thus the just penalty for their sin will also be increased as they continue to sin in hell and then the lake of fire.
You are one sick puppy, JBF. I don't care who put their hands on you, you have no wisdom in you. There is nothing remotely just about an eternal torment for ANY reason, including your asinine rationalizations. God would simply need to destroy the sinner to end the sin, which is supposed to happen to sin anyway according to your Bible. End of problem. In your wisdom, what VALUE is there is keeping sin eternally and tormenting the sinner??????

Old 08-17-2021, 08:53 PM

Quote:
You are one sick puppy, JBF. I don't care who put their hands on you, you have no wisdom in you. There is nothing remotely just about an eternal torment for ANY reason, including your asinine rationalizations. God would simply need to destroy the sinner to end the sin, which is supposed to happen to sin anyway according to your Bible. End of problem. In your wisdom, what VALUE is there is keeping sin eternally and tormenting the sinner??????
Because God created mankind with an eternal soul; and also decided that it is mercy to allow the sinner to continue to have consciousness in hell rather than to take away his right to consciousness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity