Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2021, 10:08 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
John 17:17
"Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth."
Only what you say is truth, right Mystic, not what Jesus says here!
Your lack of respect for scripture is well documented, it will follow with you!
Your problem is that you accept the corrupted word as truth instead of testing it and revising it according to God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed by Jesus on the Cross. Your refusal to do that is enormously ignorant. Don't you want to KNOW it is HIS truth before you accept it????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2021, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Mystic, you are not realizing that there are demons and devils out there; and that without the Bible you are prone to being deceived by one or more of them.

Demons can be posers.

You cannot be certain that you have not been deceived by a demon who claims to be the agape love of God but has as its ultimate goal the aim that you will never be forgiven because you have not received the sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross as a propitiation for your sins.
Why on earth would a demon (if any existed) want to convince me that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh and His Holy Spirit is agape love and forgiveness as He demonstrated unambiguously on the Cross?????? If there were any such demons, I would be convinced they deceived you and Charlie for sure!!!

Old 09-01-2021, 10:14 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Mystic, is there any place in scripture where God tells you to revise the holy scriptures?

I've never, in all of my reading of scripture, come across any verse or passage that tells me to do that.

Otherwise I would have been doing it a long time ago (because that is the nature of the old man, the flesh).

Old 09-01-2021, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Why on earth would a demon (if any existed) want to convince me that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh and His Holy Spirit is agape love and forgiveness as He demonstrated unambiguously on the Cross?????? If there were any such demons, I would be convinced they deceived you and Charlie for sure!!!
This demon wanted to start a pseudo-Christian cult that resembles Christianity in many ways but which departs from the truth as concerning the most important doctrine in holy scripture...the doctrine of salvation through the propitiation of the Cross of Christ.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:08 PM

Quote:
This demon wanted to start a pseudo-Christian cult that resembles Christianity in many ways but which departs from the truth as concerning the most important doctrine in holy scripture...the doctrine of salvation through the propitiation of the Cross of Christ.
Jesus is God in the Flesh and He unambiguously demonstrated the there is NO WRATH or vengeance in Him = nonexistent wrath in God! So, why on earth do you think it is remotely rational or reasonable to believe that appeasing God's nonexistent wrath by some convoluted and barbaric "scapegoat" process using God Himself to enable God Himself to forgive us for "whatever" God Himself actually wants to forgive us for????? Please explain this to me.

Old 09-02-2021, 12:26 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,032,424 times
"God didn’t set us up for an angry rejection but for salvation by our Master, Jesus Christ. He died for us, a death that triggered life. Whether we’re awake with the living or asleep with the dead, we’re alive with him! So speak encouraging words to one another." -msg

Old 09-02-2021, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jesus is God in the Flesh and He unambiguously demonstrated the there is NO WRATH or vengeance in Him = nonexistent wrath in God! So, why on earth do you think it is remotely rational or reasonable to believe that appeasing God's nonexistent wrath by some convoluted and barbaric "scapegoat" process using God Himself to enable God Himself to forgive us for "whatever" God Himself actually wants to forgive us for????? Please explain this to me.
First answer me this question.

Is it your contention that anything in the Book of Revelation is not the inspired word of the Lord?

Old 09-02-2021, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
"God didn’t set us up for an angry rejection but for salvation by our Master, Jesus Christ. He died for us, a death that triggered life. Whether we’re awake with the living or asleep with the dead, we’re alive with him! So speak encouraging words to one another." -msg
Sng 8:6, Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame.
Sng 8:7, Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.

For those whom God has loved but reject His advances, you can be certain that His jealousy will burn like fire in divine retribution.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 09-02-2021 at 02:12 AM..

Old 09-02-2021, 07:06 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Jesus in Every Book of the Bible https://www.merryministries.com/wp-c...06-Handout.pdf

• In Genesis, Jesus Christ is the Seed of the woman
• In Exodus, He is the Passover Lamb.
• In Leviticus, He is our High Priest.
• In Numbers, He is the Pillar of cloud by day and the Pillar of fire by night
• In Deuteronomy, He is the Prophet like unto Moses.
• In Joshua, He is the Commander of the Lord’s army.
• In Judges, He is our Judge and Lawgiver.
• In Ruth, He is our Kinsman Redeemer.
• In 1st and 2nd Samuel, He is the Seed of David.
• In Kings and Chronicles, He is our reigning King.
• In Ezra, He is our faithful Scribe
• In Nehemiah, He is the Rebuilder of everything broken
• In Esther, He is our Mordecai, our Advocate.
• In Job, He is our ever-living Redeemer.
• In Psalms, He is our Shepherd.
• In Proverbs, He is our Wisdom.
• In Ecclesiastes, He is our meaning for life.
• In the Song of Solomon, He is the loving Bridegroom.
• In Isaiah, He is the Prince of peace
• In Jeremiah and Lamentations, He is our weeping Prophet.
• In Ezekiel, the Glorious Lord
• In Daniel, He is the fourth Man in the "fiery furnace."
• In Hosea, He is the faithful Husband
• In Joel, He is the Outpourer of the Holy Spirit.
• In Amos, He is our Burden-bearer.
• In Obadiah, He is our Judge and Savior.
• In Jonah, He is the risen Prophet.
• In Micah, He is the Ruler of the world from Bethlehem.
• In Nahum, He is our Stronghold.
• In Habakkuk, He is the Watchman
• In Zephaniah, He is the Mighty to save
• In Haggai, He is the Restorer
• In Zechariah, He is the branch of David; the One pierced for us
• In Malachi, He is the Son of Righteousness
• In Matthew, He is King of the Jews. the Messiah. the Christ, the Son of the living God.
• In Mark, He is the Servant. Miracle Worker
• In Luke, He is the Baby in the manger. The Son of Man.
• In John, He is the Son of God; the Living Word; the way, truth and life
• In Acts, He is the Savior of the world; Ascended Lord
• In Romans, He is the Justifier.
• In I Corinthians, He is the Resurrection
• In II Corinthians, He is our Comfort.
• In Galatians, He is our Liberty;
• In Ephesians, He is Head of the Church.
• In Philippians, He is our Joy.
• In Colossians, He is our Completeness and the glue that holds our world together
• In 1st and 2nd Thessalonians, He is the Coming King.
• In I & II Timothy, He is our Mediator.
• In Philemon, He is our Benefactor.
• In Titus, He is the Blessed Hope.
• In Hebrews, He is our Perfection
• In James, He is the Power behind our faith.
• In I, II Peter, He is our Chief Shepherd and Chief Cornerstone
• In I, II, III John, He is our Truth and Everlasting Life
• In Jude, He is the Foundation of our faith. Our security
• In Revelation, He is The King of Kings and Lord of Lords!
charlie listen to this song you will like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWK4wbBCCPA

Old 09-02-2021, 07:08 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
In conjunction with the statement of the title of the OP, I offer this evidence that Jesus Christ has wrath against sin.

Now, we know that Jesus is "the Lamb of God who taketh away the sin of the world." (John 1:29,36).

So, here is the evidence that Jesus demonstrates the agape love of God in showing wrath to sinners and executing justice upon them:

Rev 6:12, And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
Rev 6:13, And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
Rev 6:14, And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
Rev 6:15, And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
Rev 6:16, And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
Rev 6:17, For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
Yet you do not believe the lamb of God takes away the sin of the world as you believe sin is eternal.

So why do you quote scripture you do not believe in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity