Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2021, 03:29 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
How anyone can believe the God revealed via Jesus Christ could even think the way JBF does is insane.

Do none of you who hold to eternal torment not have a problem with this guys views here? if not it is no wonder college-aged kids are leaving the churches in droves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2021, 03:33 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
So, you believe the falling away is just now happening?
Surly not, it's just increasing lately at alarming rates.

Old 08-18-2021, 04:28 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
So, you believe the falling away is just now happening?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Surly not, it's just increasing lately at alarming rates.
I believe there is an awaking taking place of those who are overcoming the false teachings.

Old 08-18-2021, 05:28 PM

Quote:
I believe there is an awaking taking place of those who are overcoming the false teachings.
Who is it that's revising the scripture, and who is being awakened?

It seems to me there is a crowd that walks the old path and a crowd that's revising that old path!

One is strictly by scripture and the other is not at all by scripture!

Old 08-18-2021, 05:42 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
It seems to me there is a crowd that walks the old path and a crowd that's revising that old path!
That is not true, Charlie. That is just more of your all-or-nothing, black or white thinking that keeps you stuck in the rut of ancient ignorance. Both are using scripture. One is interpreting scripture under the veil of ignorance wrought by the Wrathful God of the OT. The other is trying to reinterpret the same scripture using God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed by Jesus as we are told to do. We are clearly told to use the Holy Spirit to guide our understanding of the scripture. You and JBF refuse to do so leaving you in ignorance.

Old 08-18-2021, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is not true, Charlie. That is just more of your all-or-nothing, black or white thinking that keeps you stuck in the rut of ancient ignorance. Both are using scripture. One is interpreting scripture under the veil of ignorance wrought by the Wrathful God of the OT. The other is trying to reinterpret the same scripture using God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed by Jesus as we are told to do. We are clearly told to use the Holy Spirit to guide our understanding of the scripture. You and JBF refuse to do so leaving you in ignorance.
You have me mixed up with someone you think is stupid, my friend.

Who is the one who believes a revelation over the written scripture?

I would appreciate you showing me in scripture that Jesus told us to do that!

Old 08-18-2021, 08:16 PM

Quote:

No man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish. But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved. No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, the old is better.

Old 08-18-2021, 08:33 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It has nothing to do with substantiating the OT. It has to do with who it APPLIES to. That is what properly dividing the scriptures is all about. Some of it is addressed to specific primitive and savage audiences and some of it is addressed to future audiences. It is not all prophecy. It is not all about Jesus. It has not all been interpreted correctly to reflect God's Holy Spirit. But it is all inspired by God's Holy Spirit so it should be interpreted to reflect what Jesus revealed about it and NOT contradict or conflict with it.
It is all about Jesus (Hebrews 10:7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
maybe, maybe not but there is mockery and you aim that mockery at God saying He started to build and is unable to finish that which He started and yes that is scriptural and yes it applies to what you teach.
You must be referring to the fact that I believe that God has given to every man a degree of sovereignty so that every man can choose whether he will allow Christ to deal with his sin nature in the Cross or else keep his sinful lifestyle and face the consequences.

Old 08-18-2021, 08:35 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
No man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish. But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved. No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, the old is better.
Jer 6:15, Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore they shall fall among them that fall: at the time that I visit them they shall be cast down, saith the LORD.
Jer 6:16, Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.
Jer 6:17, Also I set watchmen over you, saying, Hearken to the sound of the trumpet. But they said, We will not hearken.

Old 08-18-2021, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Jer 6:15, Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore they shall fall among them that fall: at the time that I visit them they shall be cast down, saith the LORD.
Jer 6:16, Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.
Jer 6:17, Also I set watchmen over you, saying, Hearken to the sound of the trumpet. But they said, We will not hearken.
He also tells Jeremiah that he's meant to refine the people, but the people are still rebellious like unrefined metals of bronze, iron and silver that has been rejected - because of its impurities. God doesn't care about frankincense, sweet cane, burnt offerings or sacrifice, he wants to see their heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity