Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2021, 12:35 PM

63,929 posts, read 40,194,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Job 28:28, And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.
Job IS OT and applies to our savage ancestors, JBF!!! You do not properly divide the scriptures in addition to using our ancestors' ignorant beliefs about a wrathful God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2021, 12:35 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,855,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Then, you should depart from that evil (wickedness) that you preach - if you desire understanding.
There is no evil or wickedness in what I preach for it is the understanding of the Bible.

Pro 8:4, Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man.
Pro 8:5, O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart.
Pro 8:6, Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things.
Pro 8:7, For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.
Pro 8:8, All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.
Pro 8:9, They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.
Pro 8:10, Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.
Pro 8:11, For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

Old 08-18-2021, 12:38 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,855,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Job IS OT and applies to our savage ancestors, JBF!!! You do not properly divide the scriptures in addition to using our ancestors' ignorant beliefs about a wrathful God.
You forget so easily that Jesus indirectly substantiates the whole of the OT...

In that He substantiated Peter (John 14:26, 16:13).

And how Peter substantiated Paul (2 Peter 2:15-16).

And how Paul substantiated the rest of the Holy Bible (2 timothy 3:15-17).

Last edited by justbyfaith; 08-18-2021 at 12:59 PM..

Old 08-18-2021, 01:31 PM

63,929 posts, read 40,194,112 times
Quote:
You forget so easily that Jesus indirectly substantiates the whole of the OT...
In that He substantiated Peter (John 14:26, 16:13).
And how Peter substantiated Paul (2 Peter 2:15-16).
And how Paul substantiated the rest of the Holy Bible (2 timothy 3:15-17).
It has nothing to do with substantiating the OT. It has to do with who it APPLIES to. That is what properly dividing the scriptures is all about. Some of it is addressed to specific primitive and savage audiences and some of it is addressed to future audiences. It is not all prophecy. It is not all about Jesus. It has not all been interpreted correctly to reflect God's Holy Spirit. But it is all inspired by God's Holy Spirit so it should be interpreted to reflect what Jesus revealed about it and NOT contradict or conflict with it.

Old 08-18-2021, 02:50 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,401,524 times
Quote:
Because God created mankind with an eternal soul; and also decided that it is mercy to allow the sinner to continue to have consciousness in hell rather than to take away his right to consciousness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Oh my God! You truly have a sick and warped sense of mercy along with your depraved view of God. What do you or those who put their hands on you think wisdom IS, for Pete's sake!
How anyone can believe the God revealed via Jesus Christ could even think the way JBF does is insane.

Do none of you who hold to eternal torment not have a problem with this guys views here? if not it is no wonder collage aged kids are leaving the churches in droves.

Old 08-18-2021, 02:52 PM

Quote:
The fact is that God created man with an eternal soul. He has even placed eternity in your heart.

Ecc 3:11 (nkjv), He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end.
maybe you should pay attention to what you actually quote, now read the first part of that verse again.

Old 08-18-2021, 02:54 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,329,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
How anyone can believe the God revealed via Jesus Christ could even think the way JBF does is insane.

Do none of you who hold to eternal torment not have a problem with this guys views here? if not it is no wonder collage aged kids are leaving the churches in droves.
Yes, the scripture specifically says that in the last days they will not endure sound doctrine!

No doubt were are seeing that prophesy come true!

Old 08-18-2021, 02:57 PM

Quote:
There is no evil or wickedness in what I preach for it is the understanding of the Bible.

Pro 8:4, Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man.
Pro 8:5, O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart.
Pro 8:6, Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things.
Pro 8:7, For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.
Pro 8:8, All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.
Pro 8:9, They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.
Pro 8:10, Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.
Pro 8:11, For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.
maybe, maybe not but there is mockery and you aim that mockery at God saying He started to build and is unable to finish that which He started and yes that is scriptural and yes it applies to what you teach.

Old 08-18-2021, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Yes, the scripture specifically says that in the last days they will not endure sound doctrine!

you can say that again because the nuts are running the nut wards.

Old 08-18-2021, 03:27 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,401,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post

So, you believe the falling away is just now happening?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity