Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2021, 09:00 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
It is all about Jesus (Hebrews 10:7)
That does NOT say that the whole book refers to Him! It just identifies the volume of the book (Scroll) that contains the prophecies about Him. You misinterpret it like you do so many other verses using your mistaken context of God as wrathful and vengeful and needing to be appeased by blood sacrifices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2021, 09:09 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That does NOT say that the whole book refers to Him! It just identifies the volume of the book (Scroll) that contains the prophecies about Him. You misinterpret it like you do so many other verses using your mistaken context of God as wrathful and vengeful and needing to be appeased by blood sacrifices.
I have not misinterpreted that verse. It is written of Jesus in the entire volume of the Book (Hebrews 10:7).

The Book is all about Him.

Jesus is the Word (John 1:1,14).

Old 08-26-2021, 08:03 PM

Quote:
I have not misinterpreted that verse. It is written of Jesus in the entire volume of the Book (Hebrews 10:7).
The Book is all about Him.
Deliberate and willful ignorance cannot be reasoned with. It refers ONLY to the scroll (book) that prophesies about Him.

Old 08-26-2021, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Deliberate and willful ignorance cannot be reasoned with. It refers ONLY to the scroll (book) that prophesies about Him.
It is true that deliberate and willful ignorance cannot be reasoned with; and it seems to me that that is one of your character traits (sorry if that is harsh).

It is written of Jesus in the entire volume of the Book (Hebrews 10:7).

Think about how these things apply together; and you might get an inkling of the truth of the matter.

But I am not only posting for your benefit, Mystic.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 08-26-2021 at 11:20 PM..

Old 08-26-2021, 11:53 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
It is true that deliberate and willful ignorance cannot be reasoned with; and it seems to me that that is one of your character traits (sorry if that is harsh).
I can see you standing in front of a mirror talking to yourself.

Old 08-27-2021, 08:55 AM

Quote:
It is written of Jesus in the entire volume of the Book (Hebrews 10:7).
Think about how these things apply together; and you might get an inkling of the truth of the matter.
But I am not only posting for your benefit, Mystic.
You have made the OT and Moses an unmovable stumbling block to your understanding of Jesus and God's True Nature as the Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness. You misread Hebrews 10:7 to justify your wrath-induced ignorance about God by trying to merge the descriptions of the God of Moses with the unambiguous demonstration of God by Jesus Christ.

Old 08-27-2021, 01:02 PM

It is not only the Old Testament that speaks to us of everlasting punishment where there shall be "wailing and gnashing of teeth", Mystic.

Old 08-27-2021, 01:07 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times
Quote:
It is not only the Old Testament that speaks to us of everlasting punishment where there shall be "wailing and gnashing of teeth", Mystic.
However, I find 'wailing and gnashing' is Not the everlasting punishment but everlasting destruction is - 2nd Thess. 1:9.
The wicked will be ' destroyed forever ' -> Psalm 92:7; Psalm 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22.
Sinner Satan (who is wicked) will also be destroyed, destroyed by Jesus as per Hebrews 2:14 B.

Old 08-27-2021, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
However, I find 'wailing and gnashing' is Not the everlasting punishment but everlasting destruction is - 2nd Thess. 1:9.
The wicked will be ' destroyed forever ' -> Psalm 92:7; Psalm 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22.
Sinner Satan (who is wicked) will also be destroyed, destroyed by Jesus as per Hebrews 2:14 B.
I disagree with you.

Everlasting punishment that is meted out to the extent that there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth, is the deterrent that is called for to be able to keep a soul from committing sins that offer great degrees of pleasure to the ones who would engage in them.

If I will simply be destroyed, and will have no further consciousness, that is not enough of a punishment to deter me from indulging in fleshly desires as they present themselves to me.

It would actually be heaven to sleep for ever; that is no punishment at all.

Old 08-27-2021, 02:52 PM

Quote:
You have made the OT and Moses an unmovable stumbling block to your understanding of Jesus and God's True Nature as the Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness. You misread Hebrews 10:7 to justify your wrath-induced ignorance about God by trying to merge the descriptions of the God of Moses with the unambiguous demonstration of God by Jesus Christ.
Quote:
It is all interpreted using that wrathful and vengeful God as their referent, not the agape-loving and forgiving one revealed by Jesus on the Cross.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity