Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2021, 07:13 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your entire theology of a wrathful, vengeful God who needed to be appeased by blood sacrifice to enable Him to forgive us for "whatever" is a load of infantile, primitive, and barbaric manure, Charlie! The creation story IS a fable and you are believing it along with a bunch of old wives' tales, genealogies, and whatnot from primitive and barbaric minds.

1 Timothy 1:4
Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

1 Timothy 4:7
But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.

2 Timothy 4:4
And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Titus 1:14
Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

2 Peter 1:16
For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
Yes Lord, shame on me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2021, 10:48 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Humphrey View Post
If God had not wanted sin to come into being, it wouldn't have. That much seems clear. If some fool sinner thinks he can foul up God's plan, he is wrong. His sinful and foolish actions are the unfolding of a divinely conceived history. Not a sparrow can fall apart from God's will.

In a universe where everything that happens is supposed to happen, what has God got to be angry about?
Of course the Lord, in creating the Universe, created everything in such a way that every possible avenue would be explored. Since sin was one of those avenues, God explored it in His thinking before He created it and also created a remedy for it.

Quote:
You accept the completely unacceptable because you mistakenly believe every single word "written in ink" by flawed and fallible humans with ignorance, superstition, and barbaric beliefs about God. You are taking an enormous gamble on the belief that they did not in any way corrupt the original Gospel of Jesus Christ. That precept of men is NOT based on anything in scripture but the conjecture and inferences of men.

Yet you deliberately deny and reject the unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit of agape love by Jesus Christ as "wimpy," "Hippie," and "panty-waisted." You test nothing claimed by those fallible men against the infallible revelation of God's True Nature by our Lord Jesus Christ! You will have to account for this reliance on the "precepts and doctrines of men" over Jesus!
You both repeat this lie despite having been shown many verses that justify what is claimed because you just reject any such concept of an agape loving God as too "wimpy" to be acceptable to you. You will regret it.
I have never said that even your Jesus is "wimpy", "hippie" or "panty-waisted" so stop lying about that.

I will say that the true Jesus of holy scripture died on a Cross as a propitiation for sin (Romans 3:25, 1 John 2:2, 1 John 4:10)....that is, an "appeasement of wrath" and justice.

Old 08-12-2021, 02:21 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Of course the Lord, in creating the Universe, created everything in such a way that every possible avenue would be explored. Since sin was one of those avenues, God explored it in His thinking before He created it and also created a remedy for it.

I have never said that even your Jesus is "wimpy", "hippie" or "panty-waisted" so stop lying about that.

I will say that the true Jesus of holy scripture died on a Cross as a propitiation for sin (Romans 3:25, 1 John 2:2, 1 John 4:10)....that is, an "appeasement of wrath" and justice.
He confused you with me, those were basically my words. I'm not as nice as you, JBF.

Old 08-12-2021, 02:29 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Sorry. You and Charlie are so much of a kind that I confuse you.
Quote:
I have explained it elsewhere. It IS a propitiation out of agape love and forgiveness, but it is to our ignorant and savage ancestors' brutality and "sins," NOT to God.

Old 08-13-2021, 09:36 AM

The wrath is of God and not of our ancestors.

See Psalms 5:5-6, 7:11,

Old 08-13-2021, 09:51 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
You need to work on that right-handed addiction without condemning others.

Old 08-13-2021, 10:24 AM

Quote:
See Psalms 5:5-6, 7:11,
See below!
Quote:
Our primitive ancient ancestors DID believe God was wrathful and vengeful, That is why Jesus needed to come and show who God truly is. YOU and Charlie seem much more like the "bloody and deceitful man" in Psalm 5:6 but you seem unfazed by it.

Old 08-13-2021, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You need to work on that right-handed addiction without condemning others.
I have said that my sex life is healthy between my wife and I today; and that this is a testimony.

Quote:
See below!
Jesus dying on the Cross was to appease the wrath and justice that our holy God has concerning sin.

Old 08-13-2021, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Jesus dying on the Cross was to appease the wrath and justice that our holy God has concerning sin.
Utter nonsense. God has no wrath and vengeance, period. He wants us to succeed and mature properly as Spirits to AVOID any negative spiritual consequences. He is certainly NOT imposing them on us in anger!!! You are using your imperfect human concept of justice and punishment, not God's perfect justice which bears no resemblance to yours. The only wrath and vengeance evident on the Cross was that of our brutal ignorant savage ancestors!

Old 08-13-2021, 11:31 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Utter nonsense. God has no wrath and vengeance, period. He wants us to succeed and mature properly as Spirits to AVOID any negative spiritual consequences. He is certainly NOT imposing them on us in anger!!! You are using your imperfect human concept of justice and punishment, not God's perfect justice which bears no resemblance to yours. The only wrath and vengeance evident on the Cross was that of our brutal ignorant savage ancestors!
It's a shame that you refuse to actually listen to the Word of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity