Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2021, 05:58 PM

4,641 posts, read 1,187,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
God loves every last sinner coming out of the loins of Adam 1. Your original post suggested that is not correct.

"That word fitted is in the passive voice, God is fitting them for destruction. You think God loves that person ??"

You can bet your bottom dollar He does & will accomplish His purpose in total scope.

Fitted = katartizō =

To repair.

To mend what has been broken or rent.

To put in order, arrange & adjust.

Make one what he aught to be.

To prepare fit & frame for one's self.
God doesnt love the workers of iniquity, which came out of the loins of Adam Ps 5:5

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

He fits them for destruction, they are the vessels of wrath Rom 9
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2021, 06:06 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,032,424 times
Questions =

Will God repair what He has fitted for destruction?

Will God mend what He has been broken?

Will God put in order, arrange, & adjust what He has rent?

Will God make the katartizō what he aught to be?

Will God fit and frame the katartizō individual to Himself?

Old 09-07-2021, 06:14 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Questions =

Will God repair what He has fitted for destruction?

Will God mend what He has been broken?

Will God put in order, arrange, & adjust what He has rent?

Will God make the katartizō what he aught to be?

Will God fit and frame the katartizō individual to Himself?
If you will just show us in scripture where all men will repent to the glory of God, we will join you, Rosey!

Until then, guess what?

Old 09-07-2021, 06:17 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,032,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
God doesnt love the workers of iniquity, which came out of the loins of Adam Ps 5:5

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

He fits them for destruction, they are the vessels of wrath Rom 9
Follow the bouncing ball Brightfame52...

The identical many "made sinners" =

The many "made righteous".

Every last one ! !

Old 09-07-2021, 07:06 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I find no condemnation concerning my own life in the Christian faith.
Not surprising, JBF. You have believed yourself out of condemnation and then condemn those who do not believe as you do about God.
Quote:
I think that perhaps you have misunderstood the message of the Bible or else you have never surrendered your life to the Lordship of Jesus Christ and therefore the Christian faith speaks condemnation to your soul.
I KNOW you have misunderstood the message of JESUS CHRIST because you believe the message that has been interpreted in the Bible instead! Then you have the gall to claim that you are surrendering your life to the Lordship of Jesus Christ!!! You are surrendering your life to the Lordship of the Bible.
Quote:
But the Holy Ghost, to this day, convicts the world of sin and of righteousness and of judgment.
Unless you are in one of the states of mind associated with God's Holy Spirit of agape love you are NOT in touch with the Holy Spirit, period. I don't know what spirit you are in touch with, but it is definitely not God's.
Quote:
And, thinking that you have escaped the Christian faith is not going to change that in your life.
It is not escaping the Christian faith. It is escaping the ugly ignorance and judgmentalism of extreme fundamentalism. There isn't the slightest hint of Christ's love in your wrathful version of Christianity, JBF.

Old 09-07-2021, 07:15 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Not surprising, JBF. You have believed yourself out of condemnation and then condemn those who do not believe as you do about God. I KNOW you have misunderstood the message of JESUS CHRIST because you believe the message that has been interpreted in the Bible instead! Then you have the gall to claim that you are surrendering your life to the Lordship of Jesus Christ!!! You are surrendering your life to the Lordship of the Bible. Unless you are in one of the states of mind associated with God's Holy Spirit of agape love you are NOT in touch with the Holy Spirit, period. I don't know what spirit you are in touch with, but it is definitely not God's.
It is not escaping the Christian faith. It is escaping the ugly ignorance and judgmentalism of extreme fundamentalism. There isn't the slightest hint of Christ's love in your wrathful version of Christianity, JBF.
God loved me enough to take the penalty for my sins.

That is more love than your jesus shows...your jesus merely endured the cross and didn't come down from it to destroy the people who were crucifying him.

My Jesus died in my place and took the just penalty for all of my wrongdoing.

I have a much better and more loving God than you do, Mystic.

And also, I do not condemn anyone; I simply believe the scriptures that condemn those who reject Christ; and if I declare what Christ has said is His condemnation on them, then I am not the one doing the judging.

Jhn 3:17, For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Jhn 3:18, He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Jhn 3:19, And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Jhn 3:20, For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Jhn 3:21, But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Also, Jesus said that the holy scriptures are "they which testify of me." (John 5:39-40).

It is written of Jesus in the entire volume of the Book (Hebrews 10:7).

Old 09-07-2021, 10:31 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
God loved me enough to take the penalty for my sins.

That is more love than your jesus shows...your jesus merely endured the cross and didn't come down from it to destroy the people who were crucifying him.
But, But, that IS our God in the flesh who had no wrath or vengeance in Him on the Cross, JBF. He endured the wrath and vengeance of our ancestors with God's perfect agape love and forgiveness AS A HUMAN, something we could never do.

How do you see a wrathful War God in what He did??? You have to do some convoluted reasoning to make that scenario fit the actions of a wrathful God. Apparently, He was so angry at a single act of disobedience by His first creations that He cursed them and all their descendants until He could punish Himself by making those very cursed descendants torture and murder Him to satisfy His enormous wrath and show how much He loved them. I truly don't think your mind works right.

My agape love God brought His Holy Spirit to His Son's human consciousness because we were not able to perfectly achieve it and were not even trying to achieve it in our human spirits. He endured the greatest baptism under fire imaginable by enduring our ancestors' wrath and vengeance with perfect agape love and forgiveness thereby permanently connecting ALL human consciousness wit God. When He died His perfected human consciousness was "born again " as the Comforter (Holy Spirit) to abide with us in our consciousness to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts." Now that is a loving God.

Old 09-07-2021, 11:03 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
But, But, that IS our God in the flesh who had no wrath or vengeance in Him on the Cross, JBF. He endured the wrath and vengeance of our ancestors with God's perfect agape love and forgiveness AS A HUMAN, something we could never do.

How do you see a wrathful War God in what He did??? You have to do some convoluted reasoning to make that scenario fit the actions of a wrathful God. Apparently, He was so angry at a single act of disobedience by His first creations that He cursed them and all their descendants until He could punish Himself by making those very cursed descendants torture and murder Him to satisfy His enormous wrath and show how much He loved them. I truly don't think your mind works right.

My agape love God brought His Holy Spirit to His Son's human consciousness because we were not able to perfectly achieve it and were not even trying to achieve it in our human spirits. He endured the greatest baptism under fire imaginable by enduring our ancestors' wrath and vengeance with perfect agape love and forgiveness thereby permanently connecting ALL human consciousness wit God. When He died His perfected human consciousness was "born again " as the Comforter (Holy Spirit) to abide with us in our consciousness to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts." Now that is a loving God.
It's amazing how you can see the agape love of His first coming but fail to see the Man of War at His second coming. He takes vengeance on all ungodliness and unrighteousness in a fury! Then gives the judgements of Revelation.

I think there is a term for someone whose brain shuts out what is not capable for that person to accept. Kind of like a safety device to preserve life, so to speak. What is that term, Mystic?

Old 09-08-2021, 12:22 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
It's amazing how you can see the agape love of His first coming but fail to see the Man of War at His second coming. He takes vengeance on all ungodliness and unrighteousness in a fury! Then gives the judgements of Revelation.

I think there is a term for someone whose brain shuts out what is not capable for that person to accept. Kind of like a safety device to preserve life, so to speak. What is that term, Mystic?
Sorry if I'm answering for him.

Cognitive dissonance.

Old 09-08-2021, 03:09 AM

4,641 posts, read 1,187,026 times
Quote:
Follow the bouncing ball Brightfame52...

The identical many "made sinners" =

The many "made righteous".

Every last one ! !
You are mixing scripture up. The ones made righteous by the obedience of one Per Rom 5:19 are loved of God Rom 5:8

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

But the workers of iniquity, God hated them Ps 5:5

So two different groups of sinners are represented here. The ones God loved while sinners, they are vessels of mercy Rom 9, however the sinners God hated are the vessels of wrath Rom 9 which He is fitting for destruction.

You best learn to rightly divide the word of truth my friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity