Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2021, 07:58 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
It's amazing how you can see the agape love of His first coming but fail to see the Man of War at His second coming. He takes vengeance on all ungodliness and unrighteousness in a fury! Then gives the judgements of Revelation.

I think there is a term for someone whose brain shuts out what is not capable for that person to accept. Kind of like a safety device to preserve life, so to speak. What is that term, Mystic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Sorry if I'm answering for him.

Cognitive dissonance.
So we have Cheech and Chong trying to educate a PhD Social Psychologist about the cognitive dissonance they suffer from! It just gets better and better! Promote God's love not His nonexistent wrath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2021, 08:07 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
So we have Cheech and Chong trying to educate a PhD Social Psychologist about the cognitive dissonance they suffer from! It just gets better and better! Promote God's love not His nonexistent wrath.
LOL! That's a nice twist there Doc! So we are suffering from this whatever you call it?

I was trying to show the Doc he needs to treat himself for that particular illness!

Old 09-08-2021, 02:56 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
The arrogant and uneducated believe they know better? But I find them more gullible than most.

Old 09-08-2021, 06:25 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
You are mixing scripture up. The ones made righteous by the obedience of one Per Rom 5:19 are loved of God Rom 5:8

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

But the workers of iniquity, God hated them Ps 5:5

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

So two different groups of sinners are represented here. The ones God loved while sinners, they are vessels of mercy Rom 9, however the sinners God hated are the vessels of wrath Rom 9 which He is fitting for destruction.

You best learn to rightly divide the word of truth my friend.
Or, it may be that God has a love-hate relationship with sinners.

Because He is love, he loves the sinner and died for him.

Because he hates sin, he hates the sinner who will not be separated from his sin.

Quote:
God's wrath isn't nonexistent.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:13 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
It's amazing how you can see the agape love of His first coming but fail to see the Man of War at His second coming. He takes vengeance on all ungodliness and unrighteousness in a fury! Then gives the judgements of Revelation.

I think there is a term for someone whose brain shuts out what is not capable for that person to accept. Kind of like a safety device to preserve life, so to speak. What is that term, Mystic?
Charlie the man of war as you call him uses a sword, that sword is the word of God that separates our flesh life from our spirit life. This is not applied to the humanity as though God is going to eternally torment every human being. It is applied to the flesh and the spirit.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Or, it may be that God has a love-hate relationship with sinners.

Because He is love, he loves the sinner and died for him.

Because he hates sin, he hates the sinner who will not be separated from his sin.

God's wrath isn't nonexistent.
the sinner is the old man nature JBf and that nature will be separated from man as Christ is being formed within man.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Charlie the man of war as you call him uses a sword, that sword is the word of God that separates our flesh life from our spirit life. This is not applied to the humanity as though God is going to eternally torment every human being. It is applied to the flesh and the spirit.
At the Second Coming Christ will destroy the anti-christ and the false prophet that builds him up, and the millions in the armies that follow him. The battle of Armageddon.

The sword that comes out of His mouth is indeed the Word of God, He just speaks those Words and they are destroyed. You can do all the applying you desire of the flesh and spirit, but this is a literal situation that takes place. But then again I'm not exactly sure as to what you mean by that!

Old 09-09-2021, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Quote:
At the Second Coming Christ will destroy the anti-christ and the false prophet that builds him up, and the millions in the armies that follow him. The battle of Armageddon.

The sword that comes out of His mouth is indeed the Word of God, He just speaks those Words and they are destroyed. You can do all the applying you desire of the flesh and spirit, but this is a literal situation that takes place. But then again I'm not exactly sure as to what you mean by that!
You are not sure what I mean because you seem to have no understanding of the old man nature and yet you need to have an understanding of this nature to understand the scriptures. The word of God is a word of separation or division which separates humanity from the very nature you seem to have no understanding of.

Old 09-09-2021, 08:20 AM

Quote:
You are not sure what I mean because you seem to have no understanding of the old man nature and yet you need to have an understanding of this nature to understand the scriptures. The word of God is a word of separation or division which separates humanity from the very nature you seem to have no understanding of.
I understand what Paul said about the "old man nature" but I don't see your version of it in scripture!

Old 09-09-2021, 08:25 AM

Quote:
I understand what Paul said about the "old man nature" but I don't see your version of it in scripture!
then you need to do a deep dive into the scriptures brother because all you see is the surface words or the letter written with ink and pen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity