Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2021, 03:51 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Regret and remorse, something I am confident you and Charlie will face, I'm afraid! You really need to learn what faith actually is and which is more important, faith hope or love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You are not contending for the faith, rather you are pushing people away in ignorance.
I'm afraid they are not fostering either Faith, Hope, or Love, in fact, just the opposite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2021, 05:11 PM

1,091 posts, read 279,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
So, you're saying that the fire that never be quenched will not be felt by the person who is cast into hell; because it is only their flesh that is cast there and not their soul and spirit.

1) This reeks of gnosticism; and,

2) Why then is there "wailing and gnashing of teeth" in that furnace of fire (Matthew 13:41-42, 49-50)?
The wailing and gnashing of teeth is not "in that furnace", but rather occurs in the soul when being separated from the "flesh", the "old man". The soul experiences that pain and regret during judgment. That is what scripture says. And it is not only for the unbelieving Gentiles, but also unbelieving Israel, in judgment (Rom 11:25 ff).

However, God shall wipe away all tears thereafter, and there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying, nor pain. For the former things will have passed away.

Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Isa 25:7 And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations.
Isa 25:8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

I had no idea this was considered gnosticism. It is, however, scriptural. We've also had this discussion in the UR thread too.

Last edited by jjGuru; 07-30-2021 at 05:33 PM..

Old 07-30-2021, 08:45 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
The wailing and gnashing of teeth is not "in that furnace", but rather occurs in the soul when being separated from the "flesh", the "old man". The soul experiences that pain and regret during judgment. That is what scripture says. And it is not only for the unbelieving Gentiles, but also unbelieving Israel, in judgment (Rom 11:25 ff).

However, God shall wipe away all tears thereafter, and there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying, nor pain. For the former things will have passed away.

Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Isa 25:7 And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations.
Isa 25:8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

I had no idea this was considered gnosticism. It is, however, scriptural. We've also had this discussion in the UR thread too.
JJ i really don't think JBF or charlie have any understanding of the old man, but your posts on this subject are hopefully helping others to see. I believe they are so keep posting brother you have been a wonderful addition to CD

Old 07-30-2021, 08:49 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
JJ i really don't think JBF or charlie have any understanding of the old man, but your posts on this subject are hopefully helping others to see. I believe they are so keep posting brother you have been a wonderful addition to CD
I agree wholeheartedly!!!

Old 07-30-2021, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the warm welcome pneuma. I actually came to City-Data not to discuss UR, but rather to discuss "flesh" vs "spirit". That's a topic that Jesus has tasked me with, and one I had not really given much thought to, until recently. Both you and R2L have shared greatly in that regard.

Old 07-30-2021, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I agree wholeheartedly!!!
Thanks, you too

Old 07-30-2021, 10:29 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
The wailing and gnashing of teeth is not "in that furnace", but rather occurs in the soul when being separated from the "flesh", the "old man".
Mat 13:41, The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
Mat 13:42, And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

See Luke 16:10. Because you lied about this scripture (which might be considered to be a little thing) you will not be faithful in greater things. Consider yourself marked.

Quote:
You are not contending for the faith, rather you are pushing people away in ignorance.
I am preaching the truth; and sound doctrine. If people will not endure sound doctrine in these last days, then that is not on me. I will be faithful to preach sound doctrine whether people will believe in it or not.

The prophet Jeremiah had no converts; however he was commended for being faithful to the Lord.

Sometimes God will send His ministers to a group of people who will never believe the truth.

But, He sends them to them so that they will not be able to have any excuse on their day of judgment that they never heard or were never convinced of the truth.

It will be clear on that day that they heard the truth and that it was irrefutably shown to them; but they rejected it because it was their will to do so.

Therefore they will have no one to blame but themselves when they are cast into the furnace of fire.

Old 07-31-2021, 12:36 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
I am preaching the truth; and sound doctrine. If people will not endure sound doctrine in these last days, then that is not on me. I will be faithful to preach sound doctrine whether people will believe in it or not.

The prophet Jeremiah had no converts; however he was commended for being faithful to the Lord.

Sometimes God will send His ministers to a group of people who will never believe the truth.

But, He sends them to them so that they will not be able to have any excuse on their day of judgment that they never heard or were never convinced of the truth.

It will be clear on that day that they heard the truth and that it was irrefutably shown to them; but they rejected it because it was their will to do so.

Therefore they will have no one to blame but themselves when they are cast into the furnace of fire.
Apparently, you like to exalt yourself.

Old 07-31-2021, 12:44 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
Mat 13:41, The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
Mat 13:42, And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

See Luke 16:10. Because you lied about this scripture (which might be considered to be a little thing) you will not be faithful in greater things. Consider yourself marked.

there is nothing good or healthy(sound) about your doctrine of devils

Old 07-31-2021, 03:08 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Apparently, you like to exalt yourself.
I like to exalt my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ; which is exactly what I have been doing here.

Quote:
there is nothing good or healthy(sound) about your doctrine of devils
Yours is the doctrine of devils; for those who believe in your doctrine will be caught unawares without a warning about what awaits them in eternity. They will be in for a rude awakening on their day of judgment; whereas if they had believed in the truth, they might have taken warning and repented of their sins and received Christ's finished work as a propitiation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity