Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2021, 02:09 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,044,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
Bible is multilevel consciousness guide for for many levels of consciousness beginning with Cain consciousness and ending in Christ consciousness - path of evolution of consciousness, some folk stuck at end range of "scribes and Pharisees" consciousness and are failing to step over over that Agape line, which is needed to cross the 'borders' of the Kingdom.
Paul clearly defined it in 1Cor 2.
All I can say to that is that crack kills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2021, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It isn't a different Gospel.
It really is, though. Unless you believe in Jesus dying on the cross in a vicarious substitutionary atonement. You don't, do you?
Quote:

It is the Good News about God's Holy Spirit of agape love revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus Christ. The Bad News Gospel our ancient ancestors interpreted from what happened to Jesus is the false Gospel. It is not and never was appeasement of God's nonexistent wrath. It was appeasement of our savage ancestors' wrath and ignorance about God with the unmistakably Good News of God's agape love and forgiveness. The twisted primitive Bad News interpretation has lasted far too long, IMO.
And you believe that why? Why do you disregard God's inspired Word to believe the "consciousness" telling you a different message than God's apostle?

Why would you or ANYONE want to believe that?

Old 08-06-2021, 02:26 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,180,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
All I can say to that is that crack kills.
"But the person without the Spirit does not receive what comes from God’s Spirit, because it is foolishness to him; he is not able to understand it since it is evaluated spiritually."

Old 08-06-2021, 02:33 PM

63,891 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Quote:
It isn't a different Gospel. It is the Good News about God's Holy Spirit of agape love revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus Christ. The Bad News Gospel our ancient ancestors interpreted from what happened to Jesus is the false Gospel. It is not and never was appeasement of God's nonexistent wrath. It was appeasement of our savage ancestors' wrath and ignorance about God with the unmistakably Good News of God's agape love and forgiveness. The twisted primitive Bad News interpretation has lasted far too long, IMO.
Quote:
It really is, though. Unless you believe in Jesus dying on the cross in a vicarious substitutionary atonement. You don't, do you?
I believe Jesus achieved a substitutionary ACHIEVEMENT that none of us were even trying to achieve and most of us even today cannot achieve - "Pefect agape love" (Grace) in His Human consciousness. It is His achievement that relieves the rest of us of the burden of perfection. That is how He saved us.

Punishment is an entirely human concept. There was never anything we needed to be punished for just something to be achieved that we were failing to achieve as humans. So God decided to achieve it for us as a human.
Quote:
And you believe that why? Why do you disregard God's inspired Word to believe the "consciousness" telling you a different message than God's apostle? Why would you or ANYONE want to believe that?
I don't disregard anything!. I use those parts of the inspired word that agrees with the True Nature of God as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus Christ. That is the reason I am a Christian, NOT the Bible that tells us about Him. I love the God HE presents, NOT the one our ignorant savage ancestors present as wrathful and vengeful. I cannot even begin to understand why any of you believe that barbaric interpretation of God or how any of you could possibly love such a God. It is an enigma.

Old 08-06-2021, 03:21 PM

Quote:
I believe Jesus achieved a substitutionary ACHIEVEMENT that none of us were even trying to achieve and most of us even today cannot achieve - "Pefect agape love" (Grace) in His Human consciousness. It is His achievement that relieves the rest of us of the burden of perfection. That is how He saved us.

Punishment is an entirely human concept. There was never anything we needed to be punished for just something to be achieved that we were failing to achieve as humans. So God decided to achieve it for us as a human. I don't disregard anything!. I use those parts of the inspired word that agrees with the True Nature of God as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus Christ. That is the reason I am a Christian, NOT the Bible that tells us about Him. I love the God HE presents, NOT the one our ignorant savage ancestors present as wrathful and vengeful. I cannot even begin to understand why any of you believe that barbaric interpretation of God or how any of you could possibly love such a God. It is an enigma.
So then you believed this "consciousness" when it told you of a different gospel.

Why did you believe it? Sounds like you'd probably believe me if I tried to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge.

Old 08-06-2021, 03:44 PM

63,891 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Quote:

Punishment is an entirely human concept. There was never anything we needed to be punished for just something to be achieved that we were failing to achieve as humans. So God decided to achieve it for us as a human.

I don't disregard anything!. I use those parts of the inspired word that agrees with the True Nature of God as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus Christ. That is the reason I am a Christian, NOT the Bible that tells us about Him. I love the God HE presents, NOT the one our ignorant savage ancestors present as wrathful and vengeful. I cannot even begin to understand why any of you believe that barbaric interpretation of God or how any of you could possibly love such a God. It is an enigma.
Quote:
So then you believed this "consciousness" when it told you of a different gospel.
Why did you believe it? Sounds like you'd probably believe me if I tried to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge.
Either you are not reading what I write, are not understanding what I write, or simply don't care what I write. You have your own mind about things and the truth of the matter be damned! This consciousness never TOLD me anything let alone a different Gospel because I never believed in or ever had any Gospel.

My direct experience of this consciousness led me to Jesus Christ and His revelation of God's consciousness (which is the basis for His Gospel). I was actually astounded to learn of the barbaric wrathful interpretation you use as the Gospel and still have no idea how any of you could believe in Jesus and accept or believe it.

Old 08-06-2021, 11:36 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,851,654 times
Some demon somewhere got a bright idea that he would give somebody a "revelation", through eastern meditation, of a doctrine that denies Penal Substitution but which might even be able to pass for being Christian;

While the doctrine of Penal Substitution is the very gospel by which we are saved; and there is no other way to salvation than to believe in it:

That Jesus died on the Cross in our place as a propitiation ("appeasement of wrath") concerning all of our sins.

Old 08-07-2021, 02:00 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,389,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Some demon somewhere got a bright idea that he would give somebody a "revelation", through eastern meditation, of a doctrine that denies Penal Substitution but which might even be able to pass for being Christian;

While the doctrine of Penal Substitution is the very gospel by which we are saved; and there is no other way to salvation than to believe in it:

That Jesus died on the Cross in our place as a propitiation ("appeasement of wrath") concerning all of our sins.
This is Satan’s lie, that God was an angry deity, requiring a sacrifice to propitiate his wrath, and merely follows that of ancient pagan gods, rather than the divine Father of Jesus Christ who is full of mercy and grace. In other words, you are trying to work out salvation in and through the law.

Old 08-07-2021, 06:30 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,851,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
This is Satan’s lie, that God was an angry deity, requiring a sacrifice to propitiate his wrath, and merely follows that of ancient pagan gods, rather than the divine Father of Jesus Christ who is full of mercy and grace. In other words, you are trying to work out salvation in and through the law.
It is NOT satan's lie; it is the absolute truth of God by which only a man can be saved.

And no, salvation through the Cross has nothing to do with the law; except that the righteous requirements of the law are fulfilled through Jesus' perfect life and in that He died in my place, substituting His life for my own when I stand before God in judgment.

Old 08-07-2021, 06:38 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,397,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
It is NOT satan's lie; it is the absolute truth of God by which only a man can be saved.

And no, salvation through the Cross has nothing to do with the law; except that the righteous requirements of the law are fulfilled through Jesus' perfect life and in that He died in my place, substituting His life for my own when I stand before God in judgment.
Thus showing you do not understand the law
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity