Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2009, 09:20 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,105,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Well, there are very many Christians who are not in cults who believe that the Father is the source and that the Son is subservient to the Father
A straw man argument that is easy to answer if you were to read and understand that my point is that the trinity is always in union...

If you keep this fact in the back of your mind (Trinity is always in equal union) then it is easy to understand that -
The father raised Christ,
the Spirit raised Christ,
and the Son raised himself.

In deed, if Jesus could not raise himself from the dead he would have lied when he said he could.

His men understood his statements being that of he could raise himself from the dead, and they saw the proof that he could do this in the flesh.

You can not disagree with this and stay within the body of Christian teachings...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Maybe many cults do. I am not in a cult.
Well lets find out....What church do you go to?

Old 07-22-2009, 09:23 PM

23,019 posts, read 34,397,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
A straw man argument that is easy to answer if you were to read and understand that my point is that the trinity is always in union...

If you keep this fact in the back of your mind (Trinity is always in equal union) then it is easy to understand that -

In deed, if Jesus could not raise himself from the dead he would have lied when he said he could.

His men understood his statements being that of he could raise himself from the dead, and they saw the proof that he could do this in the flesh.

You can not disagree with this and stay within the body of Christian teachings...
AMEN!!!!!!!!! Great post. How can we be sleeping when we will be in the presence of Jesus!!!!

Old 07-22-2009, 09:24 PM

14,886 posts, read 17,174,505 times
I attend various congregations. I am a member of the church. Which one do you attend? God bless.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:25 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,465,284 times
Quote:

Hi. I was raised Catholic, and have been a member of a Southern Baptist Church for 4 years. I have not pulled out my membership, although I am not active for the past few months.

Consider this Alan . . .

And when Jesus was baptized, he went up immediately from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and alighting on him.

In this verse we see the Holy Spirit descending like a dove and in the next verse we see that God the Father speaks from heaven. At this baptism we have the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. As Barnes remarks, "The baptism of Jesus has usually been regarded as a striking manifestation of the doctrine of the Trinity, or the doctrine that there are three Persons in the divine nature. ...

Three separate entities, all divine, all diety.

Many many verses in scripture, and I will list if you need reference, say that Jesus was raised up by his God his Father.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
See, the trinity is always in action of union...
Always equal, always in union.

Thus The Father raised Christ from the dead...
Thus the Holy Spirit raised Christ from the dead.

and...

The Son raised himself back from the dead...

This is how the Trinity works.
Always united, always equal.
Within the last few moments I have received a lot of nice comments about this post of mine.
It's not a very big post compared to many I have written, but it does get to the heart of the Christian teachings of this topic.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:29 PM

23,019 posts, read 34,397,699 times
Quote:
Within the last few moments I have received a lot of nice comments about this post of mine.
It's not a very big post compared to many I have written, but it does get to the heart of the Christian teachings of this topic.
It's true, it's powerful because it's Biblical.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:33 PM

14,886 posts, read 17,174,505 times
Another scripture which shows that the Father is the source of the power of Jesus is found in John 5:30

30 I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.

Whatever Jesus did was because of the Father who is the source. God bless.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Many many verses in scripture, and I will list if you need reference, say that Jesus was raised up by his God his Father.
The Father had to raise the Son, or else the Father is not in "union"

The Holy Spirit had to raise the Son or else the HS is not in union
The Son had to raise himself or else he would not be in union.

That is how the Trinity works.
Always in action of union.

Jesus said to his men He would raise up his own body....
The men saw him do this later and believed.
Jesus raised up His own body from the dead...this means that Jesus was not asleep during the time his body was in the tomb...this means that when I die too my spirit will be "at home" with the Lord as was with Christ , for Christ is 100% human!.

We can have faith in this being so because the resurrection of Christ is our ONLY EXAMPLE, and our only guide in understanding what will happen to us at our deaths.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
It's true, it's powerful because it's Biblical.
Thanks,
You know I shoot a lot of words out across the internet, and it's nice from time to time to see some come back to me with good report cards...LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity