Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2009, 08:36 PM

14,886 posts, read 17,174,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The Text clearly says that all things are created by Jesus and sustained by Him...with no "except for 3 days" excuses for the soul sleep teachers to hide behind...LOL
All things were made through the Son, who is the Word made flesh. The Father is the source.

Scriptural reference: 1 Corinthians 8

5for even if there are those called gods, whether in heaven, whether upon earth -- as there are gods many and lords many --
6yet to us [is] one God, the Father, of whom [are] the all things, and we to Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom [are] the all things, and we through Him;

God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 08:38 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,105,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
. Jesus did not raise himself - please show scripture that says Jesus raised himself.

Nowhere in scripture are we told that Jesus raised himself.
Oh?
so you think so?

Well lets see, I seem to remember a verse spoken by Jesus Christ the Lord about his resurrection.
Oh how did that verse go again?

Umm, something like:
"Destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up"

The fact is that Jesus said he would raise up the temple of his own BODY!

After the resurrection the Disciples remembered that Jesus had predicted this and believed.

Do you also believe?

Old 07-22-2009, 08:38 PM

23,019 posts, read 34,397,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi ILNC, the Father is not the same as the Son. The Son is the exact image of the Father. The authority that the Son has comes from the Father. God bless.
Hi Shana, I knew this was going open up a can of worms But yes Jesus is God. Jesus even said so. John 10:30 "The Father and I are one". Jesus is not just the image of the Father, He is the Father and the Holy Spirit.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:41 PM

Yes, they are one in purpose just as Jesus prayed for the disciples to be one. Colossians 1 tells us that Jesus is the exact image of the Father He is subject to the Father.

But to get back to the OP God bless.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Good!

Alan (two thumbs up)
Thanks, I enjoy knowing that someone gets a kick out of my answers..
Im always right about this stuff remember,

I don't know everything, but what I know I tend to know well....LOL

Old 07-22-2009, 08:45 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
They are probably thinking of the scripture which speaks of the authority that Jesus had to lay down His life and the authority to take it up again, Meerkat. The Father is the one though, who gave Him all authority in heaven and on earth. The Father is the source. God bless.
Hmm

OK

Joh 10:17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
Joh 10:18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

It seems that when he says no man takes it from me - he is not saying that he took his own life - he was killed by others

The same as he did not raise himself - was raised by the Holy Spirit - he receives his life back again - not that he actually raises himself from the dead. Other scripture disputes that

To me it seems that because Jesus is laying down his life his Father loves him and will allow him to live again, be raised - it is God that is in control.

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
What scripture says Jesus raised himself?
There is the whole "Destroy this temple and I..." verse that teaches that Jesus raised himself from the dead...
There also is another very clear verse where Jesus talks about the fact that he lays down his life of his own accord and that no one could take his life from him, as well as He would raise himself ...
"I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Old 07-22-2009, 08:48 PM

Back later

Old 07-22-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
There is the whole "Destroy this temple and I..." verse that teaches that Jesus raised himself from the dead...
There also is another very clear verse where Jesus talks about the fact that he lays down his life of his own accord and that no one could take his life from him, as well as He would raise himself ...
"I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "
Context ??

Old 07-22-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
To me it seems that because Jesus is laying down his life his Father loves him and will allow him to live again, be raised - it is God that is in control.
I agree with this, Meerkat. God is the One who is in control of all. All authority that Jesus has comes from the Father. The Father is the source and Jesus reflects the invisible God. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity