Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Seattle vs Dallas which city do you prefer?
Seattle 259 67.98%
Dallas 122 32.02%
Voters: 381. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 09:32 PM

1,624 posts, read 2,037,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingForAChange View Post
I said almost everything. I really don't see diversity as a negative or positive necessarily, just as long as the population isn't overwhelmingly West European like most cities in the U.S.

DFW does suck. It's earned it's reputation as has Texas. Texas year end and year out gets voted the most hated state in America and the state the rest of us wish we could vote out. POLL: How Americans Feel About The States - Business Insider

Not even more diverse in interests. But I do agree with you that there's different types of diversity, not just racial.

DFW sucks! Bad food, bad drivers, bad freeways, bad gyms, bad customer service, bad politics, bad weather, horrible bug problem, bad public service system. There's just too many things that completely suck concerning DFW and there's not enough good to counter all the negative.

Very well said.
Just keep the hate up. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 10:16 PM

182 posts, read 297,618 times
I'm not a fan of Dallas by any means but I'll side with the Dallas posters on this one. We're very familiar with the obnoxious Seattle boosters on CD. Just look at any Seattle/Minneapolis thread.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:34 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,788,728 times
Quote:
Please read it again.
I only needed to read it once. You said COL is the only thing Dallas wins, and that is false. Diversity may not be important to you, but it is one of the factors the OP asked us to consider. You were wrong. Plain and simple.

Quote:
Well, the average American may have little experience outside of their own state, but that's not me. In my twenty something years I have lived in 5 states and have visited a few dozen cities. DFW is definitely on the lower half in terms of most everything imaginable that one could want in a city.
Not on my list. You're welcome to your opinion though.

Judging from the poll alone, more than a third of people here prefer Dallas, so the suggestions that Seattle wins by a landslide are without merit.

Old 02-08-2015, 12:32 AM

I'm willing most of these haters never even been to Dallas or Texas. But haters gonna hate. Lol.

Old 02-08-2015, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterfart View Post
**** Texas and **** Dallas.
Did your girlfriend leave you for a Texan lol.

Old 02-08-2015, 12:47 AM

Quote:
The only possible thing I can think of that Dallas has over Seattle is the amount of sunshine.

Everything else goes to Seattle.
Opinions like this is why CD isn't the best place for info. Its obvious you don't get out often.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:29 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,744,433 times
Quote:

DFW sucks! Bad food, bad drivers, bad freeways, bad gyms, bad customer service, bad politics, bad weather, horrible bug problem, bad public service system. There's just too many things that completely suck concerning DFW and there's not enough good to counter all the negative.

Very well said.
I'm sorry, but your full of it.

Bad food? Bad customer service? If you think the food is bad, you must really not have looked beyond the freeways. DFW has the BEST customer service of anywhere I've ever lived.

You're just talking trash for the sake of talking trash.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfoe View Post
Opinions like this is why CD isn't the best place for info. Its obvious you don't get out often.
It's why I never get worked up about CD like I used to. Frankly most people on here are uneducated and say things for shock value.

Unbiased people can easily see there are areas where Seattle bests DFW and areas where DFW bests Seattle. Not on CD. It's all or nothing with these people.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:54 AM

157 posts, read 192,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega man View Post
Judging from the poll alone, more than a third of people here prefer Dallas, so the suggestions that Seattle wins by a landslide are without merit.
Huh? Dude as of now it's 99/35 in favor of Seattle. How do you figure more people prefer Dallas over Seattle?

Quote:
The only possible thing I can think of that Dallas has over Seattle is the amount of sunshine.

Everything else goes to Seattle.
I wouldn't say more sun is necessarily a good thing. I prefer a rainy/oceanic climate myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
I'm sorry, but your full of it.

Bad food? Bad customer service? If you think the food is bad, you must really not have looked beyond the freeways. DFW has the BEST customer service of anywhere I've ever lived.

You're just talking trash for the sake of talking trash.
If you want to eat anything besides ribs, doughnuts, and frozen yogurt the food in DFW sucks. The steakhouses can be OK.... But if you like a good variety of Teriyaki, Chinese, Thai, Indian food etc... then you're going to be SOL in DFW. The customer service in DFW can be very spotty and saying that it's better than most other places in the U.S. ain't saying much...

Old 02-08-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Huh? Dude as of now it's 99/35 in favor of Seattle. How do you figure more people prefer Dallas over Seattle?

I wouldn't say more sun is necessarily a good thing. I prefer a rainy/oceanic climate myself.

If you want to eat anything besides ribs, doughnuts, and frozen yogurt the food in DFW sucks. The steakhouses can be OK.... But if you like a good variety of Teriyaki, Chinese, Thai, Indian food etc... then you're going to be SOL in DFW. The customer service in DFW can be very spotty and saying that it's better than most other places in the U.S. ain't saying much...
Now I know you REALLY don't have a clue. The Indian food in Irving and Plano is absolutely top notch. The Chinese food in Plano in Richardson is also excellent. The ethnic variety in DFW is excellent.

The customer service is not spotty, it's excellent.

You don't know what you're talking about. That's all there is to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City