Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2022, 07:48 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,542,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Yes around 5pm EST. There are watch parties scheduled in certain cities, makes me wonder if there is secret intel.
Press conference announcing selected cities will be covered live on Fox Sports 1 Network at 5.

Watch parties are pretty standard in soccer crazed cities like Miami--many bars were also packed a few weeks ago for the Champions League final between Real Madrid and Liverpool.

Last edited by elchevere; 06-16-2022 at 09:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2022, 09:19 AM

6,470 posts, read 4,068,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
The my point. The poster that I responded to was judging the Sounder’s stadium versus other teams that have MLS specific stadiums. The only thing that matters in terms of stadiums is where they would be played which for any team and city will be the NFL stadium regardless of them having an MLS specific stadium. There’s no point on taking the MLS stadiums into the equations because they won’t have any games played there.
No I’m not judging the stadium. I’m talking about stadium location, and accessibility. I know their not playing any games in MLS stadiums, the biggest one is 30,000. I meant from a purely geographical, amenity perspective Seattle and Atlanta were the best placed cities for the World Cup. I also added their rabid soccer fan bases as a bonus, as their two of the biggest teams in the U.S as well which I think is connected to how good their soccer infrastructure is connected to the airport and core of the city.

Old 06-16-2022, 09:21 AM

12,966 posts, read 9,648,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Yes around 5pm EST. There are watch parties scheduled in certain cities, makes me wonder if there is secret intel.
Lol, I just saw on a Kansas City news channel KMBC9, that sources say Kansas City made the cut. And this is what they are telling their viewers before the announcements.

Old 06-16-2022, 09:22 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,803,077 times
Yeah I would be shocked if Seattle and Atlanta are not chosen. I'm still gunning for KC to get a spot. It's my wild card

Last edited by atadytic19; 06-16-2022 at 10:18 AM..

Old 06-16-2022, 09:25 AM

9,378 posts, read 9,326,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Lol, I just saw on a Kansas City news channel KMBC9, that sources say Kansas City made the cut. And this is what they are telling their viewers before the announcements.
There is a watch party in Philadelphia too. I hope KC gets a spot though too.

Old 06-16-2022, 09:41 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,021,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
There was a “leaked” tweet that Houston made the cut too, and then it was deleted…. Crazy…. I wonder if anyone really knows….

Old 06-16-2022, 09:57 AM

9,859 posts, read 6,574,356 times
I haven’t counted, but it seems that there are more “leaks” and “watch parties” than there are slots.

Old 06-16-2022, 10:20 AM

365 posts, read 229,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
I haven’t counted, but it seems that there are more “leaks” and “watch parties” than there are slots.
From what I can tell, there are multiple bars with watch parties happening in every city that is nominated.

Old 06-16-2022, 10:34 AM

12,966 posts, read 9,648,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJac View Post
There was a “leaked” tweet that Houston made the cut too, and then it was deleted…. Crazy…. I wonder if anyone really knows….
Lol, I believe the list been leaked already.

Old 06-16-2022, 10:41 AM

16,690 posts, read 29,506,412 times
Of the 10 U.S. Cities, I think it should be:

New York City (Because it is NYC - Capital of the World, Center of the NE Corridor)
Washington D.C. (U.S. Capital)
Los Angeles (The Second City of the U.S., Hub of the West, Access from the Southwest/AZ)
Atlanta (Capital of the American South)
Miami (Florida Hub, and Latin/Caribbean Connections)
Seattle (PNW, Access from ID, MT, and Intermountain West)
Cincinnati (Heartland Choice - Midwest)
Kansas City (Heartland Choice - Midwest - Access from CO/Intermountain West/North Texas)
Houston (Texas Choice)
San Francisco (California Hub, Access from NV/Intermountain West)

International Media Center: Atlanta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City