Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2009, 04:44 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,105,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Move to New York City

Get the hell out of Houston!

NY isn't called the Empire state for no reason, you know.
Ancient nickname

And for every 43 that want to leave Houston, about 250 want to move there

For every 812 that want to move to NYC, about 700 want to leave
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 04:45 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,949,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Ancient nickname
Well, since you're a NYer, wouldn't that mean you have an inferiority complex and insulting yourself?

Old 09-23-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Well, since you're a NYer, wouldn't that mean you have an inferiority complex and insulting yourself?

I am a extremely happy EX NY'er

I saw the light and it pointed South and West

Old 09-23-2009, 04:52 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,670,035 times
Default We turned down a transfer to Texas

Quote:
Lmao, I've never heard anyone in person say that Texas has an inferiority complex

People vote with their feet and NY has no prayer here as well as trying to compete with California and Texas

lets all sing along "we're #3, we're #3" all together now
when our kids were little. Why?????? Because the people who took the transfer from NY to Texas told my husband, "TURN IT DOWN". "This place SUCKS." That is LITERALLY what they said. Never regretted for a minute not moving there.

I DO regret moving to Florida, again for husband's job. The consolation is that at least my kids are GROWN UP and didn't have to move here.

If it is the last thing I do, I am getting OUT OF HERE, husband or no husband, this time. Add another person, moving back NORTH. Another OLD PERSON. The hell with reitrement in the SOUTH.

Last edited by TANaples; 09-23-2009 at 05:04 PM..

Old 09-23-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
when our kids were little. Why?????? Because the people who took the transfer from NY to Texas told my husband, "TURN IT DOWN". "This place SUCKS." That is LITERALLY what they said. Never regretted for a minute not moving there.

I DO regret moving to Florida, again for husband's job. The consolation is that at least my kids are GROWN UP and didn't have to move here.

If it is the last thing I do, I am getting OUT OF HERE, husband or no husband, this time.

That is funny because all of my dad's friends who heard my dad had job offers in Houston all said "TAKE IT!!!!" "NY sucks, it is nothing but a welfare state"

Never for one moment have my parents or anyone else who moved to texas from NY (many many people I have met here) ever regretted it

Old 09-23-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
That is funny because all of my dad's friends who heard my dad had job offers in Houston all said "TAKE IT!!!!" "NY sucks, it is nothing but a welfare state"

Never for one moment have my parents or anyone else who moved to texas from NY (many many people I have met here) ever regretted it
Ha, take a look at the LI board. People anxiously waiting to get out of that state.

Your stories are always funny. It's always the same story reversed. We know you well by now. It's a funny and un-creative comeback.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Ha, take a look at the LI board. People anxiously waiting to get out of that state.

Your stories are always funny. It's always the same story reversed. We know you well by now. It's a funny and un-creative comeback.

Don't be mad because many people want to leave NY

We all love your funny (untrue) stories as well. It is nice to live life in a bubble

Old 09-23-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Don't be mad because many people want to leave NY

We all love your funny (untrue) stories as well. It is nice to live life in a bubble

I've never made up any stories here on C-D. I don't waste my time writing lies.

Many people don't WANT to leave NY, but they're forced to because the middle class almost doesn't exist here anymore. And no matter how bad the economy is, there are always toooooonnnsss of people moving to metro NYC

Old 09-23-2009, 05:02 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,670,035 times
Default Well all the people at the software firm

Quote:

on LI who moved there hated it. In fact they eventually, shut down their Houston office, because they couldn't get people to go there. My opinion? I am done with the SOUTH, anywhere. I would rather live in Section 8 housing on food stamps in NY than in a mansion anywhere in there south.

There are things money cannot buy. Maybe when you get old enough, you will understand this.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
on LI who moved there hated it. In fact they eventually, shut down their Houston office, because they couldn't get people to go there. My opinion? I am done with the SOUTH, anywhere. I would rather live in Section 8 housing on food stamps in NY than in a mansion anywhere in there south.

There are things money cannot buy.
Definitely in the right state for that

NY is famous for its welfare system. Can't tell you how many people outside of and within NY mock that state for being a welfare state
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City