Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2009, 07:12 PM

116 posts, read 245,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
And we're laughing at your population boom you can't handle, as well as your illegal immigration problem. And not to mention the drug problem that so many Texans say that is so rampant with Mexico being right there.

It works both ways. Nothing wrong with welfare and helping people either. I don't care that we're a "welfare state" or whatever you call it.
New York seems to have a lot more problems than Texas though, at least peering from the outside looking in. Texas unemployment is 8.0% (way below the national average) and has a much lower budget deficit than New York, but with more people to spend money on. In fact New York has the second highest taxes in the country (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aOvmVzcX6vg0) yet its deficit is much worse. How is it possible to have much higher taxes yet have much worse deficits? Something is seriously wrong with the way your state is being run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 07:13 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,952,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
And there is no huge drug problem in NY State?

The population boom is good and bad since it is gratifying to know that so many people would rather be in Texas than washed up backward states like NY, but at the same time it is an awful lot of people to absorb at once

According to a recent thread, the Texans were saying how the drug problem in Texas is way worse in NY. Good, you guys can have the drug problems

If people would rather be in Texas, then "washed up backwards states" like NY wouldn't have as high of a population as it does, now would it? All those thousands upon thousands of people moving to NYC also must not mind living in this "washed up backward state" of NY Ask people from around the country, and they'll say Texas is one of the most backwards states in the country.

Here's one non-city data poll result:

http://www.bestandworst.com/r/33244.htm (broken link)

And....

http://mondediplo.com/2000/09/14texas

Old 09-23-2009, 07:18 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,105,463 times
Quote:
According to a recent thread, the Texans were saying how the drug problem in Texas is way worse in NY. Good, you guys can have the drug problems

If people would rather be in Texas, then "washed up backwards states" like NY wouldn't have as high of a population as it does, now would it? All those thousands upon thousands of people moving to NYC also must not mind living in this "washed up backward state" of NY Ask people from around the country, and they'll say Texas is one of the most backwards states in the country.

According to people I have personally talked to, and having lived in both states, the drug problem is even worse in NY than Texas

Look up domestic population gains concerning NYC by the way. You will see that within America, NYC is losing population. The growth comes from other countries, usually 2nd and 3rd world countries. To them, NY IS better than their home country

I have asked people around the country and the only ones that think TX is backwards are the far left wackjobs. Who cares what they think anyways, half of them are on crack anyways

Old 09-23-2009, 07:20 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,346,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whinniethezen View Post
Chicago seems to either have really big egos or a really big inferiority complex. Not sure which.
Chicagoans do have a big ego as well as Houstonians, I think they're tied lol.

YouTube - Beyonce Ft Kanye West - Ego [Official Video]

Kanye is from Chicago and Beyonce is from Houston.

Every time I come to this thread this song starts playing in my head .

Actually it's even worse than I thought. The 2010 budget in Texas is projected to be completely balanced (Report: Texas economy poised for rebound - San Antonio Business Journal:), while the one in New York is projected to swell to $3 billion (New York State Budget Deficit May Grow to $3 Billion (Update1) - Bloomberg.com).

Holy crap. I'm not a fan of Texas but you gotta give props when props are due. New York's government is all f'ed up to put it bluntly.

1,712 posts, read 3,105,463 times
Quote:

Here's one non-city data poll result:

result #33244 - WHAT IS THE MOST BACKWARDS STATE IN AMERICA? - BestAndWorst.com (http://www.bestandworst.com/r/33244.htm - broken link)

And....

The backward state of Texas - Le Monde diplomatique - English edition
That 2nd link was about Bush, not TexasBesides, Bush was educated at an Ivy league school which is..... in the NortheastThe first link was pure stereotype.... just like YOU rely on instead of fact

Old 09-23-2009, 07:21 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,952,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
I have asked people around the country and the only ones that think TX is backwards are the far left wackjobs. Who cares what they think anyways, half of them are on crack anyways

And no, ask the Texans on this board, and they ALL said that the drug problem in TX is a lot worse for obvious reasons--it's on the Mexican border. I don't think that many drugs are being snuck in through Canada...lol. Quit trying to get ahead because it won't work with me.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-24-2009 at 06:07 AM.. Reason: Leave out the rude comments, ok?

Old 09-23-2009, 07:22 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,573,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyobubba View Post
Actually it's even worse than I thought. The 2010 budget in Texas is projected to be completely balanced (Report: Texas economy poised for rebound - San Antonio Business Journal:), while the one in New York is projected to swell to $3 billion (New York State Budget Deficit May Grow to $3 Billion (Update1) - Bloomberg.com).

Holy crap. I'm not a fan of Texas but you gotta give props when props are due. New York's government is all f'ed up to put it bluntly.
Please, my little state of New Jersey knocks Texas out.

The wealthiest (and poorest) places in the United States - Aug. 28, 2007

Old 09-23-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
lol now you're going by post count? That seems very desperate. You ever think most of those posts are from the locals? I just looked at a few threads and most of the posts. 90% from Texans. Look and see where the posts are from on the NY board. Count for me how many threads there are about moving to Texas in the last 2 days, and get back me, k thanks
I have to laugh at this because Texas has the highest positive domestic migration in the country. It is the #1 destination to move to from other states. And New York state happens to be dead last at #50 with far more people leaving than coming.

http://www.mdp.state.md.us/msdc/Pop_..._08/table5.pdf

I can't believe I'm defending Texas. Never even been there. But facts are facts and I had to post this considering the irony that people are arguing that dead last #50 is more popular than #1.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:26 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,702,227 times
Quote:
Right...because you've traveled all around the country discussing this with people. You're just a kid who lived in NY until they were 2 years old and have lived in TX since.

And no, ask the Texans on this board, and they ALL said that the drug problem in TX is a lot worse for obvious reasons--it's on the Mexican border. I don't think that many drugs are being snuck in through Canada...lol. Quit trying to get ahead because it won't work with me.

I'm off to bed since i have a job to teach grade school, not go to it like some do on this board.
um.. who cares? let ppl live where ever THEY wanna live. You can talk about how much you think NY is the best state ever as much as you want, but its not going to change anyones mind. The ppl who like living in TX are always gonna like it, the ppl who like living in any state is always going to like there state. stop being so narrow minded and realize that not everyone likes the same things that you like.. No offense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City