Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2015, 02:53 PM

258 posts, read 157,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agbor View Post
This woman has mental issues and/or is running some kind of hustle...
That should have been the first and last post in the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 02:58 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,035,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agbor View Post
This woman has mental issues and/or is running some kind of hustle...she is exploiting the insanity of the American racial con known as the "one-drop rule"....This is a white woman or mostly white woman on a black fantasy trip...

I can see her in Lagos, Nigeria calling herself black...LOL
Maybe this will FINALLY put the nail in that stupid coffin once and for all.

For years in this country, it never mattered if blacks had irish, italian, czech, swedish relatives or ancestors, because if they had "one drop" of black blood even if it wasn't noticeable, then it cancelled the european part out completely.

It's the same with black and asian. Tiger Woods is the product of a black father/asian mother, but he's ALWAYS referred to as a black man just like our president who has a 100% white mother.

This type of thinking is descended from the British. They did this same racial/separatist crap in every foreign country they colonized.

Old 06-13-2015, 03:04 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,964,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
The parents also said they have "native american" ancestry as well.

Where did it come from, if they're straight off the Ellis Island boat thing?
Obviously at least one parent is not first generation American, but they probably know their ancestry well enough to know that there's no African American ancestor.

This woman was born a blue eyed blond, and she's still a blue eyed blond - one who spray tans brown and wears hair extensions. In addition to modifying her appearance, she has presented a black man as her father, claimed to be a child of a black father and white mother, claimed on official documents that she is African American, and misled a lot of people by pretending that she suffered some sort of bullying throughout her life due to being a blue eyed blond.

Old 06-13-2015, 03:08 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,031,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Miriah Carey was born only two years after interracial marriage even became legal in all US states. Ben Jealous was born only five years after interracial marriage even became legal in all US states. Just a few years earlier, even their very births would have been illegal in nearly half the states of the Union.

When they were children, "mixed race" had no social meaning, and it certainly didn't in terms of how their parents had to raise them. America saw in black and white social terms, if a kid look anything other than pure white, he was treated as non-white. For that matter, even their white parents lost their "white cards"--lost white privilege in much of society. They had to "declare" race early, and that race had to be black. "Mixed" meant nothing.

Today it's different. America is developing a social strata similar to South Africa, where "mixed" is being more and more seen as a wholly separate group of its own. That's not going to be better.
What do you mean by this? Do you think biracial or multiracial people should choose "one race or the other" to identify with or to label themselves for the comfort of others? Not saying that's what you think, but I'm asking for clarification.

What's your solution to the issue, if you think the issue isn't going to get any better if mixed race people identify as mixed race? How do you think they should self identify and why is this a better solution?

Old 06-13-2015, 03:12 PM

93 posts, read 90,456 times
Quote:
There are many blacks who look like that though.

I have cousins with curly blonde hair, green eyes and very fair skin. I guess if they had wanted to (especially the older generation), they could have moved away, passed as white or whatever other culture they wanted and no one would have been the wiser.

They could have played the "orphan" role to the hilt.

You mean there are many Mixed Race people who look like that. Black people don't have very fair skin and blond hair unless they are Black Albinos. If fair skin and blond hair were Black traits than Sub Saharan Africa would be the blond hair, light eyes, and fair skin capital of the world.

When White Europeans first landed in Sub Saharan Africa, their first impression of the Sub Saharan locals was not wow look at how light their eyes are, look at how blonde their hair is, and look at how fair their skin is. We are going to have a hard time telling them apart from us Europeans.

Old 06-13-2015, 03:16 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,035,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
What do you mean by this? Do you think biracial or multiracial people should choose "one race or the other" to identify with or to label themselves for the comfort of others? Not saying that's what you think, but I'm asking for clarification.

What's your solution to the issue, if you think the issue isn't going to get any better if mixed race people identify as mixed race? How do you think they should self identify and why is this a better solution?
If Jim Crow had never been enforced as LAW and a whole host of other racially separatist laws to keep white supremacy as the be all/end all of the land, then there would be no NEED for racial classifications at all.

The Spaniards did it different. They WANTED all the ethnicities to mix to do away with the racial bullcrap we have here. It's not entirely better, because they reversed the one-drop rule in that one drop of "white" blood makes you NOT black.

It's really pathetic that we're still talking about this 15 years into a NEW century.

Old 06-13-2015, 03:31 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,031,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Actually I think you are oversimplifying it. People change their appearance all the time because they want to be perceived differently. Maybe they aren't overtly lying like she did but they are portraying a different look than what they originally were. And I don't see what the big deal is if it makes them feel better. I get that she has lied and I don't agree with that but I don't see what the big deal is with her wanting to change her appearance.
That's because THAT'S NOT THE BIG DEAL. The big deal isn't that she changed her appearance. The big deal is that she has built a life and a career on a series of lies about her heritage, her offspring, her parentage, etc.

Old 06-13-2015, 03:32 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,356,572 times
Quote:
The Spaniards did it different. They WANTED all the ethnicities to mix to do away with the racial bullcrap we have here. It's not entirely better, because they reversed the one-drop rule in that one drop of "white" blood makes you NOT black.
The Spaniards were actually far, far more brutal than the Britsh/Dutch/French colonizers. Their brutality is shocking.

They basically killed/raped/enslaved everyone and anyone. I mean, the others did horrible things too, but there was at least some debate, some nuance. The Spaniards just laid waste to Latin America.

And I don't know what you're talking about with "one drop of white blood makes you not black" in the Spanish colonial context. I'm not seeing a difference. Most of Spaniard colonization had nothing to do with white-black interaction anyways, it was mostly white-Indio interaction.

Very few blacks in Mexico, for example, yet the level of brutality towards the native population is shocking. Essentially the males were worked in the mines until they were poisoned, and dead by 30, and the females were all sex slaves or abused domestic servants.

Old 06-13-2015, 03:39 PM

93 posts, read 90,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
The Spaniards were actually far, far more brutal than the Britsh/Dutch/French colonizers. Their brutality is shocking.

They basically killed/raped/enslaved everyone and anyone. I mean, the others did horrible things too, but there was at least some debate, some nuance. The Spaniards just laid waste to Latin America.

And I don't know what you're talking about with "one drop of white blood makes you not black" in the Spanish colonial context. I'm not seeing a difference. Most of Spaniard colonization had nothing to do with white-black interaction anyways, it was mostly white-Indio interaction.

Very few blacks in Mexico, for example, yet the level of brutality towards the native population is shocking. Essentially the males were worked in the mines until they were poisoned, and dead by 30, and the females were all sex slaves or abused domestic servants.
Quote:
Most of Spaniard colonization had nothing to do with white-black interaction anyways, it was mostly white-Indio interaction."
Actually there was a whole lot of Black-White interaction involved in Spanish colonization, especially in the Northern coasts of South America, parts of Central America. and the Caribbean.

Quote:
Very few blacks in Mexico
But there are plenty of Blacks in Spanish speaking countries like Cuba and Panama. Mexico does not make up the entire geographic region of Spanish speaking Latin America.

The Cuban national female volleyball team in the Olympics for example looks as Black as the WNBA.

Old 06-13-2015, 03:41 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,228,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
That's because THAT'S NOT THE BIG DEAL. The big deal isn't that she changed her appearance. The big deal is that she has built a life and a career on a series of lies about her heritage, her offspring, her parentage, etc.
I understand that. When I posted that comment I admit I wasn't fully aware of the extent of her deceit. But a lot of the reactions have been focused on her wanting to "change" her racial identity and I think that's a completely different issue than her deception and fraud. If she just said yes I used to be white but now I'm black, I wouldn't have the slightest problem with that but I know many people would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events