Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2015, 06:35 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,670,149 times

Advertisements

I don't think she set race relations back one iota.. she set herself back almost beyond repair. I think most people, black and white, think she is a bit off her rocker..

I kind of feel really sorry for her... but at the same time certainly feel that all of this grief is of her own doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 06:51 AM

4,187 posts, read 11,940,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Wrong. LIES matter. She is no longer there because she lied, not because she's white.
^^^

Correct.

The fact is that this woman is a con artist.

Old 06-16-2015, 06:54 AM

306 posts, read 518,540 times
I can't believe CNN has an editorial about how we as a country are taking 2 steps back for shaming this woman who identifies as a black.

This country is becoming a satire of itself.

Old 06-16-2015, 06:55 AM

13,822 posts, read 8,046,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I don't think she set race relations back one iota.. she set herself back almost beyond repair. I think most people, black and white, think she is a bit off her rocker...
I thought so as well until I read she entered Howard U as a White woman. Then in 2005 sued the university calming among other racial discrimination. She lost her case and decides to go "Black" at which time doors suddenly open for her. The woman knew exactly what she was doing.

Last edited by john3232; 06-16-2015 at 07:04 AM..

Old 06-16-2015, 07:02 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,041,289 times
Hindsight is always 20/20. I don't place any blame on the NAACP for hiring her - she does have some good credentials. Plus - she's a con artist. Con artists are usually very convincing.

She's got some serious personal issues - but most con artists do. I don't think her personal issues excuse her unethical behavior at all.

I also don't think she has done any significant harm to "race relations" in this country. If anything, her weird case has opened up a lot of dialogue about race as well as identity issues, and I think it's good to talk about the ethical aspects of these issues.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:11 AM

6,481 posts, read 6,691,285 times
Watching her interview with Matt Lauer was a real head shaker. Talk about avoiding the questions and rambling with her b.s. about "well, it's complicated." Not complicated. She's a liar and a con artist.

I then saw that Kareem Abdul Jabar tweeted a comment about how much good she has done for blacks and for helping America. I highly doubt that most blacks feel they need a hero in the form of a lying, scamming Caucasian woman pretending to be black.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:21 AM

19,855 posts, read 12,130,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
"Selle's work on this story helped set the record straight about someone who had made it seem North Idaho's hate crimes were making a comeback when they really are not."

How the Coeur d'Alene Press broke the Dolezal story | North Idaho - KXLY.com
Thanks for this link. In the chaos of the story it is quite interesting to see how this all came about. Reporter Jeff Selle did a great job exposing many years of lies. I loved the comment at the end of the link from one of the reporter's from Selle's town "Jeff really sunk her boat". Indeed he did!

Old 06-16-2015, 07:21 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,682,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Surely you know that SHE resigned her post at the NAACP.
Of course I know she "resigned". That is just the mechanism.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:23 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,682,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj08054 View Post
The fact is that this woman is a con artist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Wrong. LIES matter. She is no longer there because she lied, not because she's white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Her deceit is what mattered.
How is it deceitful? How is it a lie? How is she a con artist?

She did what the NAACP fought for decades.

NAACP made case after case in the mid 20th century that a person's parents don't matter. (regarding Jim Crow racial tests) So why should this woman bring up her parents? She can legally claim to be any race she likes thanks, in part to the past actions of NAACP.

So saying she is Black is not a lie. It can't be by definition.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:24 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,849,618 times
After hearing her avoid earlier, simple questions, her latest attempt was no surprise.

A white woman says she's black (except when she sued Howard University for discrimination because she was white), and people are essentially saying she is what she thinks she is.

She's not the only one with issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events