Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2019, 09:19 AM

281 posts, read 247,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy_C View Post
18.5 hour fast yesterday. 18 hours seems to be the sweet spot for me, I think I'm just going to accept it and maintain here. It's also perfect for my vitamins - eat at 1 and take my multivitamin, smoothie at 4 with my pre- and pro-biotics. Dinner at 6, nighttime supplements between 7-8 pm (basically when I remember them).

I'm working on sleeping better and some digestive movement issues. Trying to stay healthy, but I feel like a freakin' pharmacy these days....
That is amazing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
And it's a new record... 189.7
It took almost exactly two months to go from 200 to 190. The goal is 170 by Labor Day, hopefully sooner.

I'm still fasting, 36 hrs in now... and I'm at work and didn't bring anything, so it will go awhile longer.

An interesting thing happened this week.
On my on low cal days my blood sugar did not go above 140. That meant no diabetic meds at all on those days.
That has not happened before. Previously the only way I went without insulin was on a complete fast, like now.

If that continues, my weight loss is probably going to accelerate.
CONGRATULATION Eaton!!! Do you follow a plan or do you push yourself as hard as you can?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2019, 01:46 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,247,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat85 View Post
I've got some Mich Ultras and bacon calling me.
Don't read this, KZ...

DAMN, that bacon is off the hook. Not your regular cheap grocery store bacon!

Last edited by eaton53; 03-02-2019 at 02:36 PM..

Old 03-02-2019, 02:16 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,903,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
This is the article that started the whole thing:

https://casereports.bmj.com/content/...cr-2017-221854

I started that around Labor Day.
Then between Christmas and New Years, me and KZ153 went on a 6 day fast to see it we could do it.
It was very successful and not as bad as we thought. I used zero insulin the whole 6 days, so I lost a lot of weight.

That was when I figured out that I could do cardio while fasting.
The thing stopping me from OMAD was my classes at the Y on Tuesday and Thursday.
Been on OMAD ever since and it looks like it's going to be a permanent thing on Weekdays.
I keep learning new tricks that are effective and I avoid getting stuck.

Every so often, I skip eating on Friday and go on a 36 to 48 hr fast. I'm still on one right now, 44 hrs in.
But it's about to end... I've got some Mich Ultras and bacon calling me.
Food does call our names. I started teaching on Sunday, four hours, seven students, and I don't want to eat until lessons are over, so I'm doing a fast from Saturday morning until Sunday around 4, about 32 hours. Doing that every week should be helpful.

Old 03-02-2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy_C View Post
That is fantastic Eaton - you are doing so great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
From what I've read it is possible to get completely off the meds. I'm hoping that for you!!
Thank you, Lucy and KZ!
I may not get completely off but I've cut way back.
Not only am I saving money on food, but on insulin, too. That stuff is not cheap.

I have not seen any doctors since I started doing this.
They're gonna think my cancer came back. Nope, my spleen is normal size. When I eat a lot, I gain weight.
I have appointments this month. I'm sure they'll want to know how I did it, especially my endocrinologist.

Old 03-02-2019, 06:32 PM

So, I ended my fast at 44 hrs.

I was trying to figure out what I wanted for dinner... maybe a grilled chicken sandwich with cheese and bacon.
But there was that pan of bacon grease from some really outstanding bacon just sitting there doing nothing.

Then I thought, "Hey, dummy... breakfast for dinner!"
Eggs fried in bacon grease, bacon and toast with sugar free raspberry jelly. Those were some damn good eggs.

That's pretty decadent even for a low carb guy, although my idea of decadent is more like this:

I don't think I've ever eaten anything like that. I also think it needs sprinkles.

Old 03-03-2019, 12:49 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,014,869 times
Yes please to those sprinkles! And that breakfast for dinner - sounds delicious!

16.5 hours yesterday. We had brunch with the kids, a yummy chicken pesto crepe with a latte. I splurged and ate the rest of my daughter's banana and nutella crepe. Wowza was that yummy! But I won't be doing that again - did you know that 2 tablespoons of nutella = 200 calories! 200!! I learned this after indulging, so thankfully enjoyed it guilt free. But never again, totally not worth 200 calories.

Having chili for lunch with the in-laws today, and I'm craving scones. Gonna try my hand at corn bread scones this morning (an also buy some pre-made good ones in case I fail!)

Old 03-03-2019, 02:58 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,345,505 times
Presently, I'm on my first 24hr fast. Feel good but looking forward to a meal.

Old 03-03-2019, 03:32 PM

1,412 posts, read 1,014,869 times
18 hours today - the chili and cornbread was delicious!

Snow day tomorrow, so I'm aiming for a 22 hour fast. We shall see!

Old 03-04-2019, 07:25 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,903,574 times
Neck doesn't hurt this morning. Hallelujah!!

I know there was someone in this forum who insisted autophagy only applies to lab mice, but I don't believe it. What gets me is the cold weather. I probably need to move to a warm climate.

Breaking my fast this morning, but really not that hungry.

Old 03-04-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Neck doesn't hurt this morning. Hallelujah!!

I know there was someone in this forum who insisted autophagy only applies to lab mice, but I don't believe it. What gets me is the cold weather. I probably need to move to a warm climate.

Breaking my fast this morning, but really not that hungry.
You're already in a warm climate!

I gained 1.9 lbs this weekend, which is within the realm of normal.
Grilled chicken worked great last week, so I'm doing it again this week... sometimes a sandwich, sometimes just chicken.

I'm actually not eating much fat or carbs, which is probably why my weight loss jumped to 2.1 lbs last week.
Most of the fat I'm eating is in the hard boiled eggs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss