Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2016, 07:49 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Trump a few points from taking this thing. Dude is battle tested and just won't go away.
Currently he would have to flip FL, NC, NV, Plus one more to get to 270.

EV count as it stands now Clinton - 305 Trump - 236. A little more than a "few" points.

Old 10-05-2016, 07:52 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,338,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Trump has one final chance on Sunday. Pence's performance and Kaine's creepiness will ease Clinton's rise. If he can perform like he did during the first 30 min of the first debate then the polls will swing back in his favor.
Something is not right here, you say, I quote:

" Pence's performance and Kaine's creepiness will ease Clinton's RISE."

RISE? Naaahhhh!..Clinton's DEMISE, .....Yeah!

Kane's "creepiness, yeah, creepy he was. Far from vice- presidential.....

Old 10-05-2016, 07:52 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,941,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Currently he would have to flip FL, NC, NV, Plus one more to get to 270.

EV count as it stands now Clinton - 305 Trump - 236. A little more than a "few" points.
More than doable. You've also got to consider that we are in the midst of a Clinton bounce and things are still THIS close. Hillary and the media just can't put the man away.

Old 10-05-2016, 07:58 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rent.in.nyc View Post
Something is not right here, you say, I quote:

" Pence's performance and Kaine's creepiness will ease Clinton's RISE."

RISE? Naaahhhh!..Clinton's DEMISE, .....Yeah!

Kane's "creepiness, yeah, creepy he was. Far from vice- presidential.....
I was glad to see a debate between two adults in the room. As I've stated elsewhere, the first between the two presidential ones had only one, and Trump was not it. Like many, I give the debate to Pence, not on substance, but style. Kaine interrupted too often, and that hurt him.

It is still the top of the ticket that will determine the outcome, and Trump has a yuge issue gaining any traction. That trap HRC set for him worked better than anyone could have imagined.

Old 10-05-2016, 08:36 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Gravis - tied
Rasmussen - Trump +1
Economist - Clinton +3 (same as pre-debate)
CVoter - Trump +1
LA Times - Trump +4
Fox - Clinton +3

Now we're looking at Pence's demolishing of Kaine, a hurricane reset and new debate.
Only dumb people think Pence demolished Kaine. Kaine manipulated Pence and put him at odds with Trump, while giving Hillary brilliant attack ads.

And I love how you keep quoting LA Times and Rasmussen to soften your denial. Those are proven unreliable polls. We tell you that every single day, and you continue to use them demonstrating complete dishonesty.

Hillary is up 10 nationally, 11 in Colorado, 10 in PA, 5 in Florida, 2 in Ohio, 7 in Virginia, 2 in NC, 3 in Nevada.

And the next debate is a format that Hillary is the best at, and Trump is terrible at.

There is absolutely no legitimate reason that you keep defending Trump other than extreme cognitive dissonance.

Old 10-05-2016, 08:46 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,421,148 times
Unless Donald grows a brain between now and Sunday, Hillary will destroy him in the second debate.

He was horrible in the CiC forum, and he was horrible in the first debate. Pattern = established.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Only dumb people think Pence demolished Kaine. Kaine manipulated Pence and put him at odds with Trump, while giving Hillary brilliant attack ads.
That's been the narrative at the networks all day. Pence won the battle, Kaine won the war, and Trump won nothing.

Old 10-05-2016, 08:57 PM

Quote:

And I love how you keep quoting LA Times and Rasmussen to soften your denial. Those are proven unreliable polls. We tell you that every single day, and you continue to use them demonstrating complete dishonesty.

Hillary is up 10 nationally, 11 in Colorado, 10 in PA, 5 in Florida, 2 in Ohio, 7 in Virginia, 2 in NC, 3 in Nevada.

And the next debate is a format that Hillary is the best at, and Trump is terrible at.

There is absolutely no legitimate reason that you keep defending Trump other than extreme cognitive dissonance.
Rasmussen has a C+ rating from 538.

I love how you throw out numbers from handpicked polls while criticizing someone else's poll selection. LOL.

Old 10-05-2016, 09:03 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Rasmussen has a C+ rating from 538.
A C+ is horrible, and Rasmussen has a known Republican bias. Why are no A rated polls showing Trump winning anything?

Old 10-05-2016, 09:07 PM

Quote:
A C+ is horrible, and Rasmussen has a known Republican bias. Why are no A rated polls showing Trump winning anything?
False. The difference between a C+ pollster and an "A" rated pollster is very small.

Nate Silver discusses it here:
How FiveThirtyEight Calculates Pollster Ratings | FiveThirtyEight

Old 10-05-2016, 09:17 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,631,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
It's not about him but the fact that voters aren't all that thrilled about her either. At this point the vote is pretty much baked in and it's going to come down to who can better turn their base out better.
I'm not sure I can agree. I think her lead will widen, perhaps considerably. I've been watching the numbers since late last week, and there's a steady surge of undecideds and 3rd-party voters breaking for Hillary. If that continues to build, she could be up 7 or 8 by Election Day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections