Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2016, 03:47 PM

25,577 posts, read 56,455,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
You have no idea what % he will get nobody does. Polls are crap. I still to this day don't know a single person ever in my life that has ever been polled and nobody I know does. They just are NOT accurate and can be faked and no way to tell.
Is that a fact. Guess that's why Nate Silver called it to the district in 2012 - because polls are crap. OK, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Trump will get 15% of the black vote without even trying. He will continue the outreach as we go along and the # will riseThe % of the black vote Trump gets will be one of the big surprises and another reason he wins come election night.
We'll be sure to remember this on November 9th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Were blacks rejected at the door? Are blacks not allowed at rallies? Trying to hand select a crowd is sleazy. It's like the dems thinking "for better optics we need an audience of 20% blacks and 15% Hispanics standing behind Hillary...throw in a few gays and a trans too".

As Trump said, blacks are individuals and individuals are capable of making up their own minds. You don't need to herd all the blacks together in order to speak to a black person.
First, West Bend is 40 miles and two counties north - with a lot of farmland in between - from downtown Milwaukee. West Bend is not only not a suburb of Milwaukee but a completely different world. No blacks out there. Zero. Any black who wanted to see him would have had to drive almost 80 miles round trip. How is that meeting people where they live?

***National Presidential Polls*** Part III-west-bend-wi.jpg

Of course, blacks are allowed to attend, but it just so happens that venue was particularly not geared to encourage their attendance - nor would those in West Bend want them there. That's why they live in West Bend.
Quote:
The crowd that packed the Washington County Fair Park & Conference Center appreciated Trump's message on law and order. But his emphasis on Milwaukee fell flat with some.

"People up here don't really care about what's going on in Milwaukee," said Jared Gagnon-Palick of West Bend, as he stopped to buy a Trump button in the parking lot after the rally.

"I grew up in Milwaukee, and I moved here to get away from all the crime with three little kids," he said.

Trump courts black voters in West Bend speech
Now, Trump was in downtown Milwaukee earlier that day - w/Sheriff Clark - but steered quite clear of Sherman Park and other very nearby black neighborhoods (like 1-2 miles) which is where he should have gone if he really had a message for those folks.

Old 08-17-2016, 03:48 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,738 times
Quote:
Actually, you should be able to give the same speech in a cornfield in Iowa (especially with today's media coverage). As I said, black individuals don't have to be herded together in order to make a speech about issues the affect them. That's called pandering.

It takes a certain kind of racist to think "gee, better not say I want to say here because we took a head count and there's not enough black people".
That's a ****-poor job of spin. Speaking face-to-face to a group of people about issues concerning them shows sincerity. Giving the same speech in front of mostly unaffected people is plain dumb.

Surely you can see that.

Old 08-17-2016, 03:50 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,158,739 times
Quote:
Why does the audience matter - I thought dems were color blind and thought of everyone as Americans? Can blacks not live in the country. Counting the number of blacks in attendance sounds a little racist.
Didn't Trump point out a black man in the crowd at his rally and refer to him as "my African American"? So by your standard, you are admitting Trump and his supporters are racist?

Old 08-17-2016, 03:50 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
That's not consistent with historical trends going back a couple of decades. Bush, Romney who are less polarizing than Trump got around 10% or less. Given Trump's past record with housing discrimination, his public excoriation of the Central Park Five, and other unflattering remarks towards African Americans, it is highly unlikely he will exceed 10% of the African American vote nationally.
Romney got 6 percent and Bush got 11. Bush did so well among Hispanics and African Americans because he make a strong effort to reach out for them. The Trump supporters have no clue just how disliked Trump is among minorities. A lot of them live in a bubble I swear.

Old 08-17-2016, 03:58 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Trump will get 15% of the black vote without even trying. He will continue the outreach as we go along and the # will rise. Laugh all you want, but you are showing your racism little white liberals. And if your a black person laughing you are beyond help stuck on your democrat plantation. The % of the black vote Trump gets will be one of the big surprises and another reason he wins come election night.
The last Republican to get a significant amount of them was Gerald Ford who won 17 percent of them. This was during a time when older African Americans still grew up during a time in which about 1/3 or more of them voted (in the states that they could) for the Republican party. It wasn't until Goldwater refused to support the Civil Rights Act that they began defecting to the Democrats. The historical average has been 11 percent, but in the last two elections it's fallen well below that. Trump is polling just a little better than Barry Goldwater did and that isn't that comforting. Trump is going to get destroyed in the minority vote. The only way he will win is if he convinces enough white voters to support him. You can't spend most of your campaign bashing and ignoring minorities, and think a "magic speech",where you tell them you will solve all their problems in front of nothing but white people, is going to fix your issues with them.

Old 08-17-2016, 04:05 PM

465 posts, read 256,801 times
Trump will be lucky to get 14% of just 1 Black person's vote. Besides bootlicker Carson, and those loud, walking cartoon character stereotypes Diamond and Wool, not too many self-respecting Black people are voting for such a blatant, card-carrying bigot.

Old 08-17-2016, 04:07 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty Pendergrass View Post
Trump will be lucky to get 14% of just 1 Black person's vote. Besides bootlicker Carson, and those loud, walking cartoon character stereotypes Diamond and Wool, no self-respecting Black person is voting for such a blatant, card-carrying bigot.

This X 1,000. Though, I'll add that no self-respecting person of any color will vote for him.

Old 08-17-2016, 04:10 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,927,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Is that a fact. Guess that's why Nate Silver called it to the district in 2012 - because polls are crap. OK, then.

We'll be sure to remember this on November 9th.

First, West Bend is 40 miles and two counties north - with a lot of farmland in between - from downtown Milwaukee. West Bend is not only not a suburb of Milwaukee but a completely different world. No blacks out there. Zero. Any black who wanted to see him would have had to drive almost 80 miles round trip. How is that meeting people where they live?

Attachment 173855

Of course, blacks are allowed to attend, but it just so happens that venue was particularly not geared to encourage their attendance - nor would those in West Bend want them there. That's why they live in West Bend.

Now, Trump was in downtown Milwaukee earlier that day - w/Sheriff Clark - but steered quite clear of Sherman Park and other very nearby black neighborhoods (like 1-2 miles) which is where he should have gone if he really had a message for those folks.
You are thinking with a racially divided mind - i.e. a racist mentality. If you want to move beyond racism, than you say what you want to say, when you want to say it and you DON'T take score of how many blacks are in the audience. That's what you call treating people as individuals.

And with today's media coverage, who cares what the audience looks like - Trump's every word is broadcast around the world. Worrying about the optics of the crowd's race is the very definition of pandering.

Old 08-17-2016, 04:18 PM

1,268 posts, read 797,886 times
Quote:
You are thinking with a racially divided mind - i.e. a racist mentality. If you want to move beyond racism, than you say what you want to say, when you want to say it and you DON'T take score of how many blacks are in the audience. That's what you call treating people as individuals.

And with today's media coverage, who cares what the audience looks like - Trump's every word is broadcast around the world. Worrying about the optics of the crowd's race is the very definition of pandering.
If you have any sense whatsoever, you also note your audience. Who attends your rallies? What groups endorse you? Are the faces in your crowd diverse? This is important because America is diverse, and the president represents all Americans. If you look out at your crowd and everyone looks like you, odds are you need to make more effort in reaching those who don't. Of course, you double down on the crap you wrote. I'm sure your right. Trump has BIGLY diverse support.

Old 08-17-2016, 04:21 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I like when he says I'll be your voice, speaking about African Americans to a bunch of white people. Whose voice, Donald?
And the alternative voice is ?.....Hillary. Lets not forget "super predators, bring them to heel". She and her husband have done more damage in increasing prison sentences for black males than any president in modern history.

Of course the African American community should hear other options. As their only option now in Hillary is somebody who takes the African American community for granted. Times are changing and every person regardless of color deserves a fair shot of bettering their lives.

All Trump has to do is reach out to Black voters. See all it takes is just one speech like last night and the Trump numbers begin to rebound.

This is the route he needs to take for the next few months. As of now, Hillary is dealing with some major issues to her health. Advantage will swing back to Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections