Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2016, 06:25 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
As opposed to Hillary, who speaks to all these groups in the open, and then uses racism to try to win a campaign against a black man. She's racist when it suits her purpose.
Bingo with a side of hawt sauce.

Old 08-17-2016, 06:27 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Ya'll can shout and stamp your feet, but Trump isn't getting any significant number of African American votes, nor is he going to improve on the historical record since Reagan. Not gonna happen.

Old 08-17-2016, 06:33 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayleah View Post
Yup, lots of middle to upper middle class black folks (like my family) that don't need handouts or welfare who will STILL not vote Republican. Until Republicans openly condemn that small(??) but extremely loud racist segment they will have a hard time getting a large % of the black vote. And the only thing in the Republican platform that appeals to me is lower taxes, but I'm a realist and I know that a balanced budget typically requires reduced spending AND increased revenue.
So Democrats telling blacks they are too stupid to get IDs to vote, or taking school choice away from them isn't racist? The party of slavery and the klan isn't racist? Lyndon Johnson saying in regards to the civil rights act
"I'll have those ni**ers voting Democratic for the next 200 years.” Isn't racist? Come on, you know it and I know it...the left thinks black people cant do a damn thing for themselves and must hold their hands from cradle to grave.

That is about as racist as it gets. My wife and her family had enough of this years ago and never looked back. They will not be pandered to by some b**** who's mentor was none other then that despicable KKK leader Robert Byrd. Racism applies to the democrat party and is their foundation. Time for my black brothers and sisters to say enough, and flip the switch on these progressive racists. You will not be taken for granted anymore!

Old 08-17-2016, 06:33 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Ya'll can shout and stamp your feet, but Trump isn't getting any significant number of African American votes, nor is he going to improve on the historical record since Reagan. Not gonna happen.
Maybe so, but anyone who is going into the voting booth to vote for Hillary, thinking they are voting for someone who is not racist, is either willfully ignorant, or truly ignorant.

I will repost this Huffington Post article...

How Can Black People Trust Hillary Clinton After the 2008 Campaign?

Old 08-17-2016, 06:54 PM

148 posts, read 137,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
So Democrats telling blacks they are too stupid to get IDs to vote, or taking school choice away from them isn't racist? The party of slavery and the klan isn't racist? Lyndon Johnson saying in regards to the civil rights act
"I'll have those ni**ers voting Democratic for the next 200 years.” Isn't racist? Come on, you know it and I know it...the left thinks black people cant do a damn thing for themselves and must hold their hands from cradle to grave.

That is about as racist as it gets. My wife and her family had enough of this years ago and never looked back. They will not be pandered to by some b**** who's mentor was none other then that despicable KKK leader Robert Byrd. Racism applies to the democrat party and is their foundation. Time for my black brothers and sisters to say enough, and flip the switch on these progressive racists. You will not be taken for granted anymore!
I would agree that racists exists in both parties (Republicans tend to be louder and prouder about it) and the Democrats definitely have their flaws but Republican policies do not help minority communities. Decreasing welfare while refusing to raise minimum wage does not end poverty. Outlawing abortion while cutting sex ed programs does not decrease the number of single parent households. Repealing the Affordable Care Act while not offering an alternative is helpful how?? Decreasing taxes while increasing spending (because deporting millions of illegal immigrants is going to cost money) is not a sound fiscal plan.

What Republican policies are going to help minority communities??? And just saying "well the stuff the Democrats tried didn't work" isn't an answer.

Old 08-17-2016, 06:57 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
As opposed to Hillary, who speaks to all these groups in the open, and then uses racism to try to win a campaign against a black man. She's racist when it suits her purpose.
This thread isn't about Hillary, who routinely goes into black churches and speaks to--and with--blacks regularly. It's about Trump who absolutely refuses to do so.

You can't refute the fact that he refuses to speak to black groups. But you don't have to, it's obvious to everyone reading this thread. And more importantly, it's obvious to blacks. They know he won't talk to them, and they also know he sure has no problem talking about them to his all white crowds.

They're taking note, even if you want to pretend otherwise. Which is why his numbers are so dismal with blacks and other minorities.

Old 08-17-2016, 07:01 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
This thread isn't about Hillary, who routinely goes into black churches and speaks to--and with--blacks regularly. It's about Trump who absolutely refuses to do so.

You can't refute the fact that he refuses to speak to black groups. But you don't have to, it's obvious to everyone reading this thread. And more importantly, it's obvious to blacks. They know he won't talk to them, and they also know he sure has no problem talking about them to his all white crowds.

They're taking note, even if you want to pretend otherwise. Which is why his numbers are so dismal with blacks and other minorities.
I haven't tried to pretend otherwise. It's true. Regardless, I do believe his policies will create more jobs for African Americans, whether intentional or as a byproduct. Good intentions are nice, but I care more about results.

Old 08-17-2016, 07:08 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
It would be great if blacks get more good jobs. I have seen so many talented, smart blacks that need jobs all over the net and TV. This economy has hurt blacks the most. When all rich get richer and blacks get nothing but a welfare check just to exist is robbing them of advancement and the American dream. Why should illegals get before black people.? Blacks have been taken for granted and get nothing for their vote.

Old 08-17-2016, 07:12 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It would be great if blacks get more good jobs. I have seen so many talented, smart blacks that need jobs all over the net and TV. This economy has hurt blacks the most. When all rich get richer and blacks get nothing but a welfare check just to exist is robbing them of advancement and the American dream. Why should illegals get before black people. Blacks have been taken for granted and get nothing for their vote.
Illegal is the new black. Just ask anyone from California.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:27 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It would be great if blacks get more good jobs. I have seen so many talented, smart blacks that need jobs all over the net and TV. This economy has hurt blacks the most. When all rich get richer and blacks get nothing but a welfare check just to exist is robbing them of advancement and the American dream. Why should illegals get before black people.? Blacks have been taken for granted and get nothing for their vote.
So you just suggested that blacks are largely on welfare.

I can think of one thing AAs get with their vote- The ability to vote. Republicans sure don't want them to based on voting rights legislation in multiple states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections