Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2016, 04:24 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
More terrible news for the Trump campaign. Trump is not competitive in a single one of the 18 states + DC that every Democratic nominee has carried for the last six Presidential elections.

Together, they amount to 242 Electoral College votes.

He's also not competitive in NM (which was always hopeless for Trump) or VA/CO/NH. He's not merely behind - he's behind by margins that are simply not overcome in 12 weeks in modern Presidential campaigns.

That's 273 Electoral College votes.

Game.
Set.
Match.

(and that doesn't even take into account that he's also behind in FL, OH, NV, IA, NC)
If the election were held today, we'd be looking at 361 electoral votes for Clinton. I believe Utah and Arizona are also going to shift to Hillary, which I think would total 378. I have felt for some time that she will win a minimum of 380, and I am increasingly comfortable with that number, because my "dark horse" hunch is that Missouri goes blue too, adding another 10.

And now that Trump is kicking the grownups out of the room so that he can go back to his full-bore frat party campaign model, I think it's possible that a few of the currently red states may become increasingly horrified with him over the next couple of months and shift toward the bluer end of the spectrum. When you're up against a candidate like Trump, 400 electoral votes are not out of the realm of possibility.

Old 08-17-2016, 04:24 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
If you have any sense whatsoever, you also note your audience. Who attends your rallies? What groups endorse you? Are the faces in your crowd diverse? This is important because America is diverse, and the president represents all Americans. If you look out at your crowd and everyone looks like you, odds are you need to make more effort in reaching those who don't. Of course, you double down on the crap you wrote. I'm sure your right. Trump has BIGLY diverse support.
There's the disconnect.

Old 08-17-2016, 04:25 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
And with today's media coverage, who cares what the audience looks like - Trump's every word is broadcast around the world. Worrying about the optics of the crowd's race is the very definition of pandering.
Words are meaningless without action to back it up. And optics DO matter.

Guess you still haven't learned - it isn't what is said - it is what is DONE. What was NOT done was to meet personally with the people he is so "concerned" about.

NOT going to the black community one mile up the road when he was here, not meeting with the NAACP when invited, holding a rally discussing the problems of people NOT living anywhere near the site of the rally with people unaffected by and uninterested in Milwaukee issues - tells all those Milwaukee folks he "says" he is so concerned about that he isn't going to do anything for them.

Hell, he can't even be bothered to go over and pay his respects to the black community leaders when he is in town. It would have been very easy - and he should have done it.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 08-17-2016 at 04:40 PM..

Old 08-17-2016, 04:41 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I like when he says I'll be your voice, speaking about African Americans to a bunch of white people. Whose voice, Donald?
I guess you didn't realize that the speech was televised and will be watched millions of times by people from all demograhics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
He could have done what crooked Hillary does and lie to their face and take them for granted.
Actually, I suspect her doing that is driving them to support Trump. She underestimated their intelligence. I'd say more but.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
It's not we and us if WE and US aren't part of that demographic genius.
No, had it been Hillary, she would have tried her best to be black "we", with a hint of southern accent since she seems to do better with southern blacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Yes, and every leprechaun I meet leads me to a pot of gold! What a wondrous world we inhabit.
OK, I understand now why you support Hillary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Trump will get 15% of the black vote without even trying. He will continue the outreach as we go along and the # will rise. Laugh all you want, but you are showing your racism little white liberals. And if your a black person laughing you are beyond help stuck on your democrat plantation. The % of the black vote Trump gets will be one of the big surprises and another reason he wins come election night.
I do agree. The black youtube channels supporting Trump have thousands of supporters and millions of views. I would have to say that is awesome that these blacks are taking the time to get the message out there, the "what have the Democrats done for you lately" and "wanting a hand up, not a handout".

Many black voters, just like any other race, are repulsed by Hillary's "activities" and want to see Americans First. I think the Democrats "divide and conquer" is finally washing out, thank goodness!

Old 08-17-2016, 04:42 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
Of course the African American community should hear other options. As their only option now in Hillary is somebody who takes the African American community for granted. Times are changing and every person regardless of color deserves a fair shot of bettering their lives.

All Trump has to do is reach out to Black voters. See all it takes is just one speech like last night and the Trump numbers begin to rebound.

This is the route he needs to take for the next few months. As of now, Hillary is dealing with some major issues to her health. Advantage will swing back to Trump.
If you really believe that all is one speech it takes to reach out and win African American voters, you truly are deluded. Not to mention that it was not directed LIVE at a black crowd.

The Clintons have engaged African American groups for decades. That's why Sanders really could do little with African American voters, and he doesn't have the baggage that Trump has.

And you actually believe the stupid health meme? Puhleeze.

But it's good news if you truly feel that way, because it means Trump and his minions won't have an effective means to reach people of color because they're believing their own bull****.

Old 08-17-2016, 04:46 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
You are thinking with a racially divided mind - i.e. a racist mentality. If you want to move beyond racism, than you say what you want to say, when you want to say it and you DON'T take score of how many blacks are in the audience. That's what you call treating people as individuals.
What about when a specific group, one that you claim you want to do outreach to, asks you to come and talk to them, but you refuse? And then you go and talk about them to another group? What should blacks think about that?

Old 08-17-2016, 04:48 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,934,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
If you have any sense whatsoever, you also note your audience. Who attends your rallies? What groups endorse you? Are the faces in your crowd diverse? This is important because America is diverse, and the president represents all Americans. If you look out at your crowd and everyone looks like you, odds are you need to make more effort in reaching those who don't. Of course, you double down on the crap you wrote. I'm sure your right. Trump has BIGLY diverse support.
More talk from a racially divided mind. You're basically saying that someone shouldn't speak about black issues unless their crowd meets the black quota. How can Hillary talk about black issues when she lives in snow white neighborhoods? Can't speak to Hispanics unless the Hispanic quota is met. Gays, women, trans - same thing. At what point can a president speak to Americans without worrying about the demographics of those standing in front of him?

Old 08-17-2016, 04:49 PM

1,043 posts, read 899,582 times
Quote:
More talk from a racially divided mind. You're basically saying that someone shouldn't speak about black issues unless their crowd meets the black quota. How can Hillary talk about black issues when she lives in snow white neighborhoods? Can't speak to Hispanics unless the Hispanic quota is met. Gays, women, trans - same thing. At what point can a president speak to Americans without worrying about the demographics of those standing in front of him?

I was thinking the same thing eddie.

Well said.

Old 08-17-2016, 04:51 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,934,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
What about when a specific group, one that you claim you want to do outreach to, asks you to come and talk to them, but you refuse? And then you go and talk about them to another group? What should blacks think about that?
Which groups are you referring to? Speaking to certain groups certainly doesn't mean one's policies are the most helpful.

Old 08-17-2016, 04:59 PM

1,268 posts, read 798,315 times
Quote:
Please show me where "I basically said that". I did say that the candidate needs to make an effort to demonstrate that the issues important to these groups are important to them. You do want a diverse following because it signifies you are addressing the needs of these Americans. If they are attending your events, awesome. If they are not and the polls show you so far down that it's disgraceful, take the message to them. Don't accuse me of having a racially divided mind. You have no idea of my background. You basically have trouble with comprehension.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections