Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Mayor Pete have any shot at becoming the nominee?
Yes 84 47.19%
No 94 52.81%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 12:30 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Such a wonderful picture and yet can’t break 50% support of Americans. Hmmm there must be more to this pretty picture
The only thing keeping Trump at his current level (which is not very good) is the strong economy. But even a mild recession or a correction in the stock market and Despicable Don will sink like a stone. Outside of his base of bible thumpers and white supremacists nobody likes him as a person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2019, 12:54 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
The only thing keeping Trump at his current level (which is not very good) is the strong economy. But even a mild recession or a correction in the stock market and Despicable Don will sink like a stone. Outside of his base of bible thumpers and white supremacists nobody likes him as a person.
You guys are in such denial. haha

Trump shows up ANYWHERE and he fills the venue to the rafters and 1000s have to be turned away. And calling 10s of millions of your fellow Americans "bible thumpers" and bigots only speaks to that denial.

Face it. Democrats are toast, they know they are toast, and so the only thing they have left is this nonsense.

Old 05-04-2019, 12:57 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,713,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Who is your Dem candidate and why do you think this candidate will beat Trump? I am undecided(leaning though) for the D primary and also want the D that can beat Trump.
1. Bernie Sanders

2. Tulsi Gabbard

(and a distant)

3. Elizabeth Warren

Old 05-04-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
What can a living organism learn from someone who:

1. Lost to a Game Show Host

2. Lost to a black guy with a Muslin name

3. Lost 3 states that have been Democratic strongholds since the early 90s (including losing 2 of them in a primary race)?

Make that make sense....

At least it makes beating Sneaky Pete even easier.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...-clinton%3famp

Of course outside all the usual Trump derangement that is taking place in this topic the BIG news about this is..........

Clinton's money machine ISN"T behind Biden and IS looking seriously at Buttigieg. I keep saying, he's the Democrat's best candidate. But alas, they probably won't nominate him simply because he's gay.

Old 05-04-2019, 01:57 PM

8,564 posts, read 10,987,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Let's see....
  • Economy booming.
  • Stock Market booming.
  • NAFTA killed.
  • Unemployment at 50 year low
  • No new "Wars of Choice" that kill 1000s.
  • Illegal Alien mess finally being dealt with.
  • No more apologies to world for being American
  • MSM hypocrisy and lies fully exposed.
  • Taxes cut.
Sure thing. Why would we ever go back to something like the hapless community agitator or his Forrest Gump VP?

I'm surprised you have to ask.

We people who have a working brain, and aren't filled with compulsive hate, understand how many things have changed, for the good, during the Trump administration.
When people are blinded by hate, that is all they can see, and relate to.
Even though the proof is there, the blind hatred the dems are committed to, obliterates their ability to see the true and positive results obtained by the Trump administration.

Hatred has it's source in only one place, and that source is Satan.

Bob.

Old 05-04-2019, 02:47 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,971,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Excellent! Do I win a prize?
Yup.... 4 more years of Trump as your President!

Old 05-04-2019, 05:14 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Let's see....
  • Economy booming.
  • Stock Market booming.
  • NAFTA killed.
  • Unemployment at 50 year low
  • No new "Wars of Choice" that kill 1000s.
  • Illegal Alien mess finally being dealt with.
  • No more apologies to world for being American
  • MSM hypocrisy and lies fully exposed.
  • Taxes cut.
Sure thing. Why would we ever go back to something like the hapless community agitator or his Forrest Gump VP?

I'm surprised you have to ask.
What a joke. The economy isn't really *booming*. IF it were - wages would have risen and companies wouldn't continually be laying off like nobody's business. Plenty of McJobs available tho.

The stock market is doing well and I pray it has no more wild rides like it did last year.

We continue in our wars of choice - just like Obama, Bush, and the guy before him and the guy before him and . . . well, you get the picture. Donnie and Bolton are just ITCHING to go to war with Iran so we'll see. They are also pushing a coup in Venezuela (which failed by the way) so we'll see how that goes.

The illegal alien 'mess' is worse than it has ever been thanks to this administration's failed policies with regard to asylum seekers.

Screaming 'fake news" doesn't expose anything except Trump's own failings.

Taxes cut for the 1%. WoW! Barely threw a bone to the working man.

Your list is a waste of bandwith.

Old 05-04-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
What a joke. The economy isn't really *booming*. IF it were - wages would have risen and companies wouldn't continually be laying off like nobody's business. Plenty of McJobs available tho.

The stock market is doing well and I pray it has no more wild rides like it did last year.

We continue in our wars of choice - just like Obama, Bush, and the guy before him and the guy before him and . . . well, you get the picture. Donnie and Bolton are just ITCHING to go to war with Iran so we'll see. They are also pushing a coup in Venezuela (which failed by the way) so we'll see how that goes.

The illegal alien 'mess' is worse than it has ever been thanks to this administration's failed policies with regard to asylum seekers.

Screaming 'fake news" doesn't expose anything except Trump's own failings.

Taxes cut for the 1%. WoW! Barely threw a bone to the working man.

Your list is a waste of bandwith.

i.e. "I know you are 100% correct. But I'm loath to admit it even though I ASKED for the information. I know Trump is doing great and can't refute it. So I'll make up some nonsense".

Here's a top tip. Next time you ask a question, you should be prepared for the answer.

Old 05-04-2019, 05:18 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
i.e. "I know you are 100% correct. But I'm loath to admit it. Trump is doing great. So I'll make up some nonsense".

Here's a top tip dear. Next time you ask a question, you should be prepared for the answer.
Over half the country disagrees with you dear. If you are going to answer a question ~ at least don't make it entirely hyperbolic lies and half truths.

Old 05-04-2019, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Over half the country disagrees with you dear.....
Did the pollsters tell you this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections