Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2022, 10:40 AM

21,480 posts, read 10,582,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
hardcore Republicans? Trafalgar Group was rated the second most accurate pollster on the 2020 Presidential election by FiveThirtyEight and graded them A-.
Trafalgar was the only poll that showed Trump winning Michigan and the only poll showing winning the general in 2016.

Trafalgar Group only conducts state-level polls. according to Cahaly (founder) , "we don't do national polls, and that's for the same reason I don't keep up with hits in a baseball game: It's an irrelevant statistic"

If you think Fetterman is a safe bet with his medical condition then it's you that believes in fairy tales. It's going to get worse for Fetterman the more his team tries to hide his medical condition and it gets closer. 7 weeks is a long time in politics. His debate is crucial.
From what I understand his debate will take place weeks after mail in voting begins.

Old 09-17-2022, 10:52 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
From what I understand his debate will take place weeks after mail in voting begins.

it's all calculated. We will just have to wait to see if the PA voters will buy his act.

Old 09-18-2022, 10:03 AM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Floundering’ Fetterman
https://nypost.com/2022/09/17/flound...race-vs-dr-oz/

Old 09-18-2022, 11:23 AM

6,105 posts, read 2,727,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Sounds like a good plan to me.

Old 09-18-2022, 02:34 PM

10,236 posts, read 6,324,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Fetterman is not a veteran and all active duty personnel have dress standards and he is not applying for for an Army Depot job. He is applying for U.S. Senator and he dresses like a bum add that he is punch drunk. Apples and oranges.
It depends on the job. When I worked in public schools with severely disabled kids, I dressed like a "slob" probably according to YOUR standards.

Old 09-18-2022, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
It depends on the job. When I worked in public schools with severely disabled kids, I dressed like a "slob" probably according to YOUR standards.

Luckily you are not applying for the U.S. Senate. If you dressed like a bum everyday and showing your arms tattoos in public school I wouldn't send my kids with you and question your professionalism. The only teachers that are allowed to wear hoodies and have sweat pants or shorts are gym teachers during classes and even they dressed professional when there is a teacher parent day or applying for a public higher education job like Vice Principal or Principal or Super let alone U.S. SENATE of the United States of America. I don't know how you don't feel insulted by this bum and his act.

I don't know what public school you teach but teachers are role models and have dress standards. You are not supposed to show your arm tattoos. Unless your specific job requires it, you are not supposed come to work and be in hoodies and sweatpants all day.

Sounds like you never served either.

Old 09-18-2022, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
Sounds like a good plan to me.
until he loses and then you will say it was a bad plan.

Old 09-18-2022, 03:26 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Meh.
Dress codes are only a tradition, and a shallow one at that.
Fetterman never had to follow a dress code when he was Lt. Governor except on rare formal occasions.

I'm sure that if he's elected, he will dress a lot like Gym Jones- sorta kinda following the dress code, but not exactly.
Even Mitch McConnell has been seen in the Senate more than once wearing blue jeans, so I doubt a Senate dress code is a big deal.

It's curious why his clothing troubles you so much Star; I would think Fetterman's 6'9" height and his resemblance to Shrek are bigger personal impediments to his election than his hoodies for those who care more about looks than performance.

Old 09-18-2022, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Meh.
Dress codes are only a tradition, and a shallow one at that.
Fetterman never had to follow a dress code when he was Lt. Governor except on rare formal occasions.

I'm sure that if he's elected, he will dress a lot like Gym Jones- sorta kinda following the dress code, but not exactly.
Even Mitch McConnell has been seen in the Senate more than once wearing blue jeans, so I doubt a Senate dress code is a big deal.

It's curious why his clothing troubles you so much Star; I would think Fetterman's 6'9" height and his resemblance to Shrek are bigger personal impediments to his election than his hoodies for those who care more about looks than performance.

If you think dress code for PROFESSIONAL jobs are shallow it explains more about you. He is the LT. Governor of a U.S. State and applying for U.S. Senator and dresses up like is works as a mover from a moving company. Add that he is punch drunk which adds to the problem.

When Mitch dresses casual like other Senators is off the job and the exception. It bothers me because it reflects on the person and what he thinks of the job he wants to get which is not very high.

Again, he is a Lt. Governor interviewing for U.S. Senator and he is dressing like a bum showing his arm tattoos. If that's o.k. with you because he is on your team it's a free country but don't pretend it isn't an issue.

Old 09-18-2022, 05:16 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
I'm not sure Fetterman's dress or tats is an issue with the voters. He looks like an ordinary working man.

That may be an advantage in a time when all the slickly dressed Swamp Cleaners never dressed like they were ready to do that job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections