Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2014, 06:30 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,976,145 times

Advertisements

Lviv has declared independence!
Yahoo News UK & Ireland - Latest World News & UK News Headlines
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 07:22 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,620,060 times
Question is will Mr. Y raise a 'state of emergency?' Not sure where the politics of the armed forces of Ukraine lie but it brings up alot of bad things. Mr. Y certainly will not allow military installations to be taken over as in Lviv.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:15 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,884,802 times
Think they need to catch themselves on!

Fighting over the Eu! Ahahah

Old 02-20-2014, 10:16 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,237,714 times
I have questions.
Who provides food and supports the protests?
Who gave the radicals a firearm?
Who is now supporting the opposition, which is killing people and shooting at unarmed police?
Russia? No. Europe and the U.S.? Probably yes. Dozens of victims of police, a thousand injured - this is the result of this support.

Most interesting is that Putin's approval rating in Russia is rising rapidly. People see what can happen if the radicals with the support of Western countries take to the streets.People think that corruption is better than killing.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:55 AM

25 posts, read 20,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
I have questions.
Who provides food and supports the protests?
Who gave the radicals a firearm?
Who is now supporting the opposition, which is killing people and shooting at unarmed police?
Russia? No. Europe and the U.S.? Probably yes. Dozens of victims of police, a thousand injured - this is the result of this support.

Most interesting is that Putin's approval rating in Russia is rising rapidly. People see what can happen if the radicals with the support of Western countries take to the streets.People think that corruption is better than killing.
I'm from Kyiv and I can answer at least for your first question.
Today I was on maidan and put 500usd into a glass box in which people who supports protests put their money everyday. Also volunteers bring food, medicaments and car tires.
And I dont support opposition but I support protesters (these are not the same), and I want Yanukovich to fall.

Old 02-20-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freader View Post
I'm from Kyiv and I can answer at least for your first question.
Today I was on maidan and put 500usd into a glass box in which people who supports protests put their money everyday. Also volunteers bring food, medicaments and car tires.
And I dont support opposition but I support protesters (these are not the same), and I want Yanukovich to fall.
Thanks for the answer. It is not clear why the protesters were allowed radicals to take up arms and fire bombs and open fire. In any case, good luck.

Old 02-20-2014, 11:20 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,150,587 times
"17:43: Unconfirmed reports that some of the top officials and their families have been leaving Kiev. Journalist Hanna Babynets from independent Hromadske TV reported this from Kiev's Zhulyany Airport: "Three planes have taken off in the past five minutes. It's very likely that they are carrying cash: suitcases have been unloaded under guard from armoured vans usually used to transport cash... scheduled flights have been suspended, the airport administration says."

//www.city-data.com/forum/europ...f-kiev-10.html

Old 02-20-2014, 11:30 AM

25 posts, read 20,185 times
Today, in the afternoon there are many signs that it is the end for Yanukovich.

Old 02-20-2014, 11:31 AM

Quote:
and I want Yanukovich to fall.
Another question. Who instead?

Old 02-20-2014, 11:32 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,150,587 times
Quote:
Today, in the afternoon there are many signs that it is the end for Yanukovich.
I hope, you're right.

For better or for worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe