Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2014, 04:49 AM

3,866 posts, read 3,143,889 times

Advertisements

What do people here think the future of Ukraine will be one year from now? Five years from now? I think Crimea for all practical purposes will be part of the Russian Federation or the least an independent country. Some other Eastern regions will declare independance in the upcoming months. By the West covertly intervening in Ukraine political affairs by funding and coaching anti Russian opposition groups forced Russia to reciprocate to defend its national interests. If western sanctions are punitive enough on Russia for annexing Crimea the Russian government has a high probability of annexing all Eastern Ukraine because they feel they have nothing to lose anymore in the terms of sanctions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2014, 04:57 AM

261 posts, read 256,639 times
this is not about sanctions. It's about general trust.
Is the message that Russia no longer keeps her treaties,
in future doesn't want to do any treaties, won't need them ?

--> international chaos

Old 03-07-2014, 04:58 AM

847 posts, read 1,180,036 times
It's not a sitting duck, it's a limping duck.
The peninsula doesn't cost this mess.

Quote:
Is the message that Russia no longer keeps her treaties,
in future doesn't want to do any treaties
Yes, others may react this way.

Old 03-07-2014, 05:04 AM

3,866 posts, read 3,143,889 times
Trust goes both ways. If Russia feels their national economic and military interests are being secretly undermined by the West whats the purpose of the treaties anyway. Russia feels its economic and military stability is threatened by an hostile anti Russian Ukraine on its borders. Russia feels they had a legitimate agreement with an democratically elected president of Ukraine. The West seeing this would be of great benefit to Russia and having the mind what is good for Russia is not good for the West covertly funded the opposition. This opposition in turn decides not to honor the agreement signed in good faith that was brokered by the West and Russia which in turn makes that agreement worthless as the paper it was signed on. So if the Russian adversaries are untrustworthy wouldn't you expect the Russians to reciprocate in kind seeing thats how the game is played and won.

Last edited by Coseau; 03-07-2014 at 05:25 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 03-07-2014, 05:05 AM

257 posts, read 518,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Why the EU and the U.S. wants to impose sanctions against Russia ? because Russia does not support the genocide in Ukraine? Because Russia unsupported illegitimate power ? because Russia wants to help their brothers and sisters ?
Yeah, here we know how you guys "support" your "brothers and sisters" and maybe that is why we support the Ukrainians even though I am aware of the fact that there are kind of "strange" people among the opposition. But that is not my point. Let´s say that the Crimeans will decide to separate and become a part of the Russian Federation. You will respect that, no doubt about that. But will you respect the same decision if let´s say the Chechens decide to separate based on a referendum? Or the Tatars in Kazan?

Old 03-07-2014, 05:11 AM

The peninsula has little economic purpose. Tourists (not me). Wine.

Perhaps military, but after that gamble our neigbours will have more reasons to join the famous military alliance.

A symbol? Perhaps.

Old 03-07-2014, 05:20 AM

jiri
They won't. They have money now.

But I see your point.

Old 03-07-2014, 05:22 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,344,128 times
Quote:
I do not know about it, I think you know better there. But all that said Stephen truth and reality. This man knows a lot about politics and Russia. no matter that he had worked for the U.S. government. Apart from that I have great respect for this man, although to meet in real life has not turned out. I also practiced aikido for many years and our Aikido Federation knew him personally.

You should understand that many people in Russia have relatives in Ukraine. for example in Siberia every third resident has 3 relatives and friends. We do not believe in the Russian news blindly. We know how to determine the truth and lies. we are not subjected zombie, as it happens in most of the West. We can always connect with friends and relatives and find out the real situation. Is not it possible you do not understand?
Pretty much seems like most Russians (on here) believe blindly what they read on RT. Most of which seems like propaganda.

Quote:
We are civilized and educated people and act within the UN as opposed aggressive methods USA. That do not respect human rights and the UN agreement .
Russia certainly isn't obeying international treaties and breaks international law just like the US. Again: Your argument seems to be that everybody should just ignore international law because America is doing it at times (just like Russia did it before. Remember Georgia?). Also, your soldiers just denied OECD and UN observers entry to Crimea...

Quote:
As for Europe, they behave like domestic animals obeying the orders of the United States. Why the EU and the U.S. wants to impose sanctions against Russia ? because Russia does not support the genocide in Ukraine?
There is no genocide in the Ukraine.

Quote:
Because Russia unsupported illegitimate power ? because Russia wants to help their brothers and sisters ?
It seems like Russia is thinking that only they are the ones with legitimate power in Eastern Ukraine. At least you guys are acting like that.

Quote:
But it's funny to do so because Europe depends on Russia . Why then not take retaliatory sanctions against the EU ? We will block the gas, oil , close the market. How do you think will suffer the most ? Germany feeds EU . Russia to Germany is an important partner , because Russia is a very large market for German cars and not only. Romania , Latvia is also very hurt. It turns out that Europe and the United States support Fascism . Many accused me here . That I supposedly nationalist, though it is not. So why do you keep nationalists in Ukraine? This means that most of you nationalists ?
I don't even know how to comment on nonsense like that.

Old 03-07-2014, 05:38 AM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,702 times
"A Itar-Tass source reported that a group of the Western publicists and spin doctors has started its work in Kiev on a permanent basis. At the moment this group is mainly preparing provocative information".

Old 03-07-2014, 05:50 AM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coseau View Post
What do people here think the future of Ukraine will be one year from now? Five years from now?
A few days ago I have read an article by some Israeli political analyst and a former Mossad intelligence agent. He said that the future Ukraine will be much worse then her past. It's sad tp hear but he gave a very insightful economical and sociological analysis. I will try to find the article and then will re-post it here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe