Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2017, 05:37 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Maxim, how *dangerous* is Navalny for today's authorities ( particularly if to take in consideration how many teenagers participated in the latest protest)?
I think he may be quite dangerous. A small group of people can topple dynasties and entire countries if the conditions are right. Or worse yet look at history and the White Armies after the first world war in Russia and consider what Max said in this post.

Quote:
Maksim_Frolov Look. You want me to quit my job, my family, my child, to take up arms and go to overthrow the authorities. OK. What will be better in a new government? Nothing. Therefore, I will not change anyone by forcible means. And if someone does this and this threatens the well-being of my family, I and other gloomy men will hang all these revolutionaries, if necessary.
There is the English translation from the article he posted.

Quote:
Yesterday it became irrevocably unmistakably clear that the power is in our toothless, it has no claws, and by and large it is not afraid of no one. Because it is not fierce
Two furious group look at each other through the police, and the hatred grows stronger. And then there's and Ukraine added fuel to the fire.

The battle can not be avoided, and the government will be powerless to prevent the battle.

Here is how I see the situation.
It takes a small spark to begin a conflagration. It seems there are 2 sides to this I don't know much about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2017, 06:14 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I think he may be quite dangerous. A small group of people can topple dynasties and entire countries if the conditions are right. Or worse yet look at history and the White Armies after the first world war in Russia and consider what Max said in this post.
No, I don't consider HIM to be dangerous.
To make the long story short, the current power in Russia is of the "right" nature. That's why the "right-wing politics" are not really in demand in Russia , and Navalny represents the "right wing." That's why he is still free, representing the "opposition" to Putin. While for example Sergey Udaltsov ( who is ultra-left) is still in prison.

Quote:
I'd be curious to see it, because Limonov operates in his article by social/political terms that are familiar only to Russians.

Quote:
It takes a small spark to begin a conflagration. It seems there are 2 sides to this I don't know much about.
There are really more sides to it ( more participants involved,) and I do not necessarily agree with the way he identifies the conflicting forces. And no, it would be difficult for you to know what he is talking about, as it would be difficult for non-Americans to identify the "boot-strappers," the "Tea Party" ppl, (Trump's electorate overall) and the "libs", since they all sound differently, obviously, and profess different beliefs, as much as Russian "vatnik" and Russian "liberals" for example.

Old 03-28-2017, 12:07 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Maxim, how *dangerous* is Navalny for today's authorities ( particularly if to take in consideration how many teenagers participated in the latest protest)?
Not so much, hence - the half-arsed reaction from OMON I think.
Yes, I also think that the police can use force. Now they just play in public, they do not want excessive noise in the media. But if required, the reaction will be very tough.

But teenagers are a real problem. They think they can overthrow bad power, but they do not realize that this will lead to a disturbance (smyta/смута). Who will pay for a new civil war(a new smyta)? They will not pay. They will sit in comfortable offices in Moscow and earn a good salary. Russia will pay. New decline in the population, new empty villages, new drop in the quality of life and new killed soldiers in Chechnya, Dagestan and Ingushetia. For the sake of what all this? For their sneakers and one-eyed ducks?

Morons, f**k...(с)Lavrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
But anyway, saw this today and couldn't stop laughing;

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...f6&oe=596AD6BB

( "I demand to put in prison Medvedev D.A for corruption.
Or put Navalny A.A. in prison for slander.")

One or the other - ROTFLMAO))))

Old 03-28-2017, 02:41 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Yes, it happened. But I wrote the post before reading the article.

Old 03-28-2017, 12:41 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Anybody heard about the nationwide protests yesterday, against Putin and corruption? Front page of the NY Times yesterday...

Old 03-28-2017, 02:12 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Anybody heard about the nationwide protests yesterday, against Putin and corruption? Front page of the NY Times yesterday...
Against Putin? It was against corruption, and the Medvedev fiasco which set it off. Other than that, the protests had the usual mix bag of communist, nationalist, (ok, I can give you the anti-Putin thing as these two groups are against) and whatever other group advocates there.

Corruption over in that part of the world is not about doing away with it, it is about competing parties trying to get a larger piece of the action.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:49 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Against Putin? It was against corruption, and the Medvedev fiasco which set it off. Other than that, the protests had the usual mix bag of communist, nationalist, (ok, I can give you the anti-Putin thing as these two groups are against) and whatever other group advocates there.

Corruption over in that part of the world is not about doing away with it, it is about competing parties trying to get a larger piece of the action.
What Medvedev fiasco? Did I miss something?

Old 03-28-2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What Medvedev fiasco? Did I miss something?
Yes Ruth, apparently so...
That's what initially Navalny's campaign was all about.)))
Let me see if I can find it in English...

Old 03-28-2017, 04:07 PM

Here we go...

Why are Russians protesting? The investigation accusing the prime minister of corruption that sparked biggest demonstrations in five years

Old 03-28-2017, 04:19 PM

...and as I've said many times before, I blame Clintons for this BS. Bill sure facilitated A LOT of today's lawlessness and corruption in Russia, while Hillary was trying to "finish the job" her DH started back then and didn't accomplish the way he intended.
So it is what it is today - in terms of internal Russian politics, as much as the situation on international scene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe