Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2013, 03:59 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,841,954 times

Advertisements

Nyanna,I keep telling you,move to black mecca cities like Washington DC,Nyc,etc.

I think dark skin women who are thin,or slightly overweight get more attention than fat,lightskinned women

They have these types of topics on lipstickalley.
They have a light skin/ dark skin subforum

Its a big issue in black america.

Old 12-18-2013, 04:01 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,841,954 times
Go to skincaretalk,there is Cordaine,a member who safely lightens her skin.
Ask her for tips.

I don't know why they haven't made skin lightening safer for people that want to do so.
They do it for people who want to tan.

Old 12-18-2013, 04:03 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,958,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
A couple of things I've noted:

White men may be racist, but don't seem to be colorist. That is, a white man who gets over the race thing in the first place for the choice of a mate seems not to mind if the woman is dark-skinned and short-haired. Don't look at celebrity couples for that...when you look at someone like Mariah Carey or Halle Berry, there are more factors involved. Look at couples on the street; when you see a white man with a black woman, she's very likely to be dark-skinned.

Something else: Photographers keep this a secret, but very dark skin is a lot more interesting and beautiful to light and photograph than light skin. Dark skin is gorgeous to the camera.
Not on CD even the mod Meh-Whatever admitted to running on those posts and not only are they in the relationship forum but they spill over to the ""Europe"" section as well as the ""world"" section. And its multiple posters so its interesting to me that when this one black poster posts about ethnic/black colorism she is always banned! Sounds racist to me!

Old 12-18-2013, 05:44 PM

951 posts, read 1,452,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoonpie View Post
As long as the media pushes images of women who are lightskinned, white or mixed down my throat. I will never ever be happy. I'll always feel unhappy and incomplete. I always dream of a day that I can wake up and see nothing but positive images of women who are darkskinned and fully black like me. Or hear men say they prefer a darkskinned blk woman. I'd be so happy and wouldn't have all this anger inside. But that will never happen
the most beautiful women I have ever seen is black or brown

contrary to what you think, many men would love to date a black women

if she is black and foreigner that will be better. Like Brazilians

I would love to go there and see many kinds of black beauties

Old 12-18-2013, 05:47 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Quote:
As long as the media pushes images of women who are lightskinned, white or mixed down my throat. I will never ever be happy. I'll always feel unhappy and incomplete. I always dream of a day that I can wake up and see nothing but positive images of women who are darkskinned and fully black like me. Or hear men say they prefer a darkskinned blk woman. I'd be so happy and wouldn't have all this anger inside. But that will never happen
Thats silly. The media doesn't make a person happy or not. YOU make you happy or not.

If the media suddenly decides your skin tone was the best, you would just pick something else to feel bad about.

If you want to be happy, you have to decide to be happy FIRST. The color of your skin does not decide you happiness level, the same way it does not decide your intelligence, or your attractiveness.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:02 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,957,828 times
Quote:
Speaking as an american male, I can truthfully say i enjoy the company of any woman as long as she has a good sense of humour, well-groomed and intelligent. It makes no matter what skin color she was born with.
Keep looking and let your natural self shine through!

Old 12-18-2013, 06:09 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,788,917 times
OP, you don't really need the overall standard of beauty to change, you only need to find the man who likes you. Being light-skinned isn't nirvana. Light-skinned black women still mourn not being blonde and straight-haired, and brunettes mourn not being blondes, and blondes mourn not being skinny enough unless they all, too, get their heads on straight.

In the meantime, strive for your entelechy. Exercise and be strong and fit, reach your potential.

Almost nobody meets the media beauty standards. Almost everything you see in beauty publications is faked to some degree.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:37 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
OP, you don't really need the overall standard of beauty to change, you only need to find the man who likes you. Being light-skinned isn't nirvana. Light-skinned black women still mourn not being blonde and straight-haired, and brunettes mourn not being blondes, and blondes mourn not being skinny enough unless they all, too, get their heads on straight.

In the meantime, strive for your entelechy. Exercise and be strong and fit, reach your potential.

Almost nobody meets the media beauty standards. Almost everything you see in beauty publications is faked to some degree.

Sorry but you are incorrect.

The vast majority of us are happy with our physical attributes. Black skinned, brown skinned and light skinned women do not "mourn" to be "lighter" or "white" or "blonde" or have straight hair. White skin with straight blonde hair is NOT the standard of beauty to which we aspire and it is very Eurocentric of you to even suggest it as some sort of goal for women of color.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:55 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Sorry but you are incorrect.

The vast majority of us are happy with our physical attributes. Black skinned, brown skinned and light skinned women do not "mourn" to be "lighter" or "white" or "blonde" or have straight hair. White skin with straight blonde hair is NOT the standard of beauty to which we aspire and it is very Eurocentric of you to even suggest it as some sort of goal for women of color.
I said, "Unless they get their heads on straight." Very many do, very many don't. But clearly you didn't actually read my post, you just knee-jerked.

I was a teenager and young man during the era that "Black is Beautiful" and "I'm Black and I'm Proud" and "Am I Black Enough for You?" I was there when we took a stand...and I've seen us retreat from that stand since then.

As a photographer, I'll tell you that no skin is more beautiful than black skin--and I wrote that too, which you overlooked.

But the OP is by no means alone--what she needs to realize is that her problem is not her skin tone.

The point I was trying to make is that even if she were lighter, even if she were white, the media is totally committed to making every woman unsatisfied with what she is. That is what the media engine is all about--to create dissatisfaction and discontentment to drive commerce.

The fashion and beauty industry is not committed to making you look better, it's committed to making you always discontented with how you look.

So as I clearly said, she must strive for her own entelechy, grasp for the maximum potential of her own DNA.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:23 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
I said, "Unless they get their heads on straight." Very many do, very many don't. But clearly you didn't actually read my post, you just knee-jerked.

I was a teenager and young man during the era that "Black is Beautiful" and "I'm Black and I'm Proud" and "Am I Black Enough for You?" I was there when we took a stand...and I've seen us retreat from that stand since then.

As a photographer, I'll tell you that no skin is more beautiful than black skin--and I wrote that too, which you overlooked.

But the OP is by no means alone--what she needs to realize is that her problem is not her skin tone.

The point I was trying to make is that even if she were lighter, even if she were white, the media is totally committed to making every woman unsatisfied with what she is. That is what the media engine is all about--to create dissatisfaction and discontentment to drive commerce.

The fashion and beauty industry is not committed to making you look better, it's committed to making you always discontented with how you look.

So as I clearly said, she must strive for her own entelechy, grasp for the maximum potential of her own DNA.
The OP is not "real".

This same individual has had numerous incarnations on C-D with the EXACT same "I'm ugly because I'm dark skinned/black/not mixed" nonsense.

bluemoonpie<=bakedkookies<=orange crush<= julie1234<=bambi234<=crystal buttons<=purplerage<=redberry rose<=nyanna

If you look at the post history any of the above usernames you will see the EXACT same topic repeated ad nauseum.

Last edited by calipoppy; 12-18-2013 at 07:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty