Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 08:18 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,169,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksik1 View Post
Hi, guys!

I am planning to move to PC next year. I built a house on one of the lots that I had. I want to sell the second lot though. I don't know what is the right price RIGHT NOW. It is on Kaywood Pl.
Pls, I need an advice. Maybe, you know someone who is looking for a land. I want to sell by owner. I am going to live nearby and I want nice neighbors.

Get a realtor!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 12:39 PM

2 posts, read 6,376 times
I am coming down next week from Jersey, we have relatives that live in palm coast and have been down, but not in a few years, the economy is killing us here and i was hoping to have a better live down there. A positive I did read on this blog was healthcare is always looking. I have that experience. We would have to rent, maybe with an option to buy, what are your thoughts? Thanks

Old 08-11-2008, 05:22 PM

58 posts, read 212,503 times
Yes, healthcare is always hiring in this area. We have a local hospital here in PC and 2-3more in the county south of us and 1 to the north. Plenty of dr. offices, ALF's, nursing homes, home health etc...

IMO, I would just rent and don't commit yourself to option to buy and wait and see what happens with the market. Plenty of homes all around here. Home prices have come down and do seem to have settled down for awhile...at least that's what I'm hearing. Check out all the different areas first before you decide what and where you may want to buy.

Make sure you have a job lined up first. Lots of wonderful areas around here. Good luck and enjoy.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:28 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,563,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matiros View Post
If anyone is looking for a retirement community in Florida, this is the ideal time to jump in.

You are right there aren't many jobs, but if you are retired, or self employed, or can work from home (computer, IE) you will never find a better time to look into the real estate market in Palm Coast.

The weather is ideal, no snow! And warm year round. No state taxes. Some of the best medical treatment facilities close by (Mayo) and a possible new heart center in Orlando.

This is a quiet oasis near the ocean and lots to do within a short drive.

And property taxes are much better than many places. You will be taxed on the selling price of the home, so if you buy now with prices down, and you homestead your home, the taxes will be a very good deal! On a house selling for $250,000 your taxes should be under $4,000.
I agree there is nothing to do in Palm Coast, a retirees would be the only people that may like it. A teenager or for that matter anybody under 55 would have a very boring existence in such a secluded place.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:53 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times
My teenager (16) loves Palm Coast and plans to go off to college and come back to make his life here.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:00 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,563,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
My teenager (16) loves Palm Coast and plans to go off to college and come back to make his life here.
Your teenager may change his or her mind once he or she experiences college. I can't imagine any teenager liking Palm Coast unless that is all they know.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:19 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,169,323 times
Don't know the statistics of more crime-ridden, urban areas, but this seems to have elevated Palm Coast into higher crime bracket, since the population is only 68,000. Might have something to do with the fastest-growing unemployment rate in the country.

Breaking news - newsjournalonline.com (broken link)

Old 08-15-2008, 01:38 AM
MsV

2,604 posts, read 1,079,599 times
We checked out Palm Coast (along with other eastcoast areas) several years ago, and we loved the area. The layout of PC was just beautiful. After further consideration of other areas, we decided to go a bit more north up to Amelia Island, and some of the reason why, is that PC just wasn't ready for all the growth it was experiencing.
At the time, schools were rated well, good medical facilities were available, but crime was rising with the population growth, as well as # of sex-offenders in the area.
Lots to think about. You can't run away from all these things, but at least be aware of them. Tho I must say that a lot of FLA that appears to be more reasonable priced, has these same issues. Good luck.

Check out this site, especially if you have children.
National Sex Offender Registry

PS: I just rechecked Amelia Island on this site, and it looks as bad as anywhere else...so maybe we haven't definitely chosen a new spot to relocate to.

Old 08-15-2008, 12:28 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Your teenager may change his or her mind once he or she experiences college. I can't imagine any teenager liking Palm Coast unless that is all they know.

Well, my son is a world traveler- he's been all over the US, Europe and the Caribbean as well as to Australia. We take two big vacations and a few extended weekend vacations every year.

He grew up spending 4-6 week each summer visiting his father who has lived in various parts of the midwest. I am from Phila so he has also spent a great deal of time there and in the northeast. My inlaws are from Boston and he visits there for a week each summer.

He has also participated in an exchange program though a community service club and spent four weeks of a school year in Northern California.

He also has participated in college summer workshops for the last five years and has been to Emory, Purdue and Northwestern University each for 10-14 days.

He's always happy to get back home. He loves to travel, he loves new experiences, but he has a great appreciation for where he has been raised.

Believe me, I'm surprised too. His tastes are sophisticated- he loves big cities and international influences. But he likes the atmosphere here and sees the value of making his life in a true community.

Old 08-23-2008, 06:42 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,764,885 times
Wow, what an impressive young man! He sounds like he will probably be able to pick his college and career - we need more young people like your son. (I'm sure there is some great parenting involved in there too!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida