Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2008, 10:03 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,946,624 times

Advertisements

Thanks so much all for the kind thoughts. Its just extra hard because it is the 2nd Christmastime in a row I've had to go home unexpectedly for a funeral.....last year our best friend passed on the 22nd.....and he was only 29

The bright spot is my mom is making a turkey with all the fixings for New Years Day, and I get to see my 6 nieces and nephews 4 months earlier than planned.

Probably won''t see ya til 2009....happy new year!

Old 12-28-2008, 10:04 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,958,238 times
Leftovers from last night's party: Paella, chili, tamales, prime rib, au gratin potatoes and German chocolate cake.

Plus some salady things the rabbit food eaters ate.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:22 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Thanks so much all for the kind thoughts. Its just extra hard because it is the 2nd Christmastime in a row I've had to go home unexpectedly for a funeral.....last year our best friend passed on the 22nd.....and he was only 29

The bright spot is my mom is making a turkey with all the fixings for New Years Day, and I get to see my 6 nieces and nephews 4 months earlier than planned.

Take care Enjoy the kids!

Old 12-29-2008, 12:18 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,140,827 times
Well, I made chili, Mexican rice, tamales, and Caesar Salad!

My thoughts and prayers go out to you sweet Mtn. Gal!!!

Old 12-29-2008, 12:22 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post

Make the best of it and enjoy as much of your trip as you can. We await your return..

Old 12-29-2008, 01:18 AM

8,685 posts, read 16,859,035 times
Did not go back very far as late here...

MWBW - don't give your guilt a second thought, been there...we all do it...Just think is done for another year....We need to learn to downsize...maybe a lesson for next year (2009) and we can help each other....because nobody cares as much as we do....

HighlandsG...So sorry about this, you have been so through so much the last month and now add this...you will get through and enjoy your visit with family, you will make gramma happy...and Happy New Year and be safe, and be Happyeverything will come back to normal at some point...

Dinner for Lizzy and I, since grampy is gone to work and I have been working was our Christmas dinner we decided mutually on was crabby-legs, seasoned butter...rice...did I say butter,...crab legs....butter???? LOL

Old 12-29-2008, 04:35 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Good morning all-it's a balmy 28 above but winds are 41mph and temps dropping to teens by noon.

MWBW-the only thing we did this year was put a wreath on the front door-no grands out here to visit and just made a joint decision. BTW we're both happy about it.

Highlands-safe flight and at least you get a visit in.

Case44-we received a waffle iron for a wedding present many years ago-first use I ruined it-put the batter in and slapped her shut and we had burned batter. I have a fear of them - even when travelling and they have the complimentary make your own waffles-I break out in a sweat and grab a yogurt.

Burdell,VP and all who have the "crud" feel better.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:45 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
Morning all! Tried to post last night but one of my dear cats spilled a glass of water on my keyboard and it was not working. I dried it out as best as I could and this morning it is working fine! Whew!
Last night scalloped potatoes were yummy. Thanks for all the ideas!
Enough ham left to make some lima beans and ham and then it's all gone. It was the perfect amount. I will probably make the lima beans sometime this week. As for dinner tonight I am only on my second cup of coffee and have no clue. I will post it once I figure it out.

Hope everyone who has been sick is feeling better today.

MBW, you are far from alone in your feelings. We haven't decorated for Christmas in 2 years now. I haven't even unpacked all of my decorations!! We have crates still full in our shop/garage. Without little ones around to enjoy it all it somehow loses it's magic it seems. But now we go to the kids house and enjoy it all with them and less clean-up for me! I do miss it but I sure don't miss all the hard work that goes with it. I think it's pretty normal..you are far from alone!

HG, I am so very sorry for all that you have gone through this month. Especailly for the loss of your grandma. Make the best of your visit back home and enjoy those there.

Day 10--no smoking! I don't know if it's just me or what but my sleep patterns are really weird since I quit smoking. I have been staying awake until 11:30 pm and sleeping in until 7:00 am..that is unheard of for me. I'm usually asleep by 9:30-10-00 pm and up by 5:30-6:00 am. What's with that?? I am taking all of your good advise and going to continue using the patch for awhile. It's hard enough with the urges with the patch so I'm not going to do anything to mess me up now! I figure getting through 10 days is pretty good and it has just got to get easier soon. Days do seem long...........I was reading about how quickly your body starts healing itself and it is so amazing. It just gives me more strength knowing that!

Old 12-29-2008, 06:55 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Cyn-that's great-each day that passes is fantastic.

OMG our temp has dropped 21 deg in little over an hour. Just looking at it makes me cold. Plus don't have much fat left on these bones to keep me warm.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:58 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
Your weight loss is amazing lacey. You have stayed so strong these last months. Now don't go losing to much weight. I'm sure the weight loss is part of being so cold...no padding left! Ha! Keep up the good work. You're gonna knock 'em dead at the wedding!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.