Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2020, 11:35 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,513,412 times

Advertisements

Homemade fishcakes with an vintage mature cheddar gooey centre over rocket and a sweet chilli sauce.
With a knock your socks off 14% Argentinian Malbec.

Old 10-13-2020, 11:35 AM

5,118 posts, read 3,421,074 times
Thai basil chicken with Vietnamese noodles and green beans. Berry pie with vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Old 10-13-2020, 12:20 PM

3,104 posts, read 2,006,959 times
I'm burnt today... haven't had a lot of sleep in recent months.

Woke up at 1pm, ate generic Cheerios with milk in a box (I'm at mum's apt for a few days, so it's generic & ease all the way), having an IPA (not a great one) & then back to sleep for me.

It's not the worst meal I've had of late... was on the road for weeks & once in the middle of nowhere, I had a gas station Slim Jim & unsweetened iced tea for dinner... hee haw!

G'nite, world.

Old 10-13-2020, 12:25 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Bison burgers with gruyere and pickled veggies on a bed of sauteed collard greens side salad of cukes and tomatoes.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-13-2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Good for you, looking out for mom. As mom's when we get older we love what are kids do for us; we may not like too much attention cause we like to think we can still do everything, but down deep we say: thanks kids.

Have always done this... our roles have always been reversed. Since 8, I'm the appointed mom & Cinderella... cooked, cleaned, sewed, laundry, raised all the smaller kids, including a cholicy one... she's been the teen who never grew up. Would be nice if she appreciated it, but... it's my job, apparently. And, it's now too late to say, 'no', cuz I'm stupidly compassionate. Not complaining... just explaining. Well, maybe just a little complaining...

Old 10-13-2020, 03:37 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,513,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
I'm burnt today... haven't had a lot of sleep in recent months.

Woke up at 1pm, ate generic Cheerios with milk in a box (I'm at mum's apt for a few days, so it's generic & ease all the way), having an IPA (not a great one) & then back to sleep for me.

It's not the worst meal I've had of late... was on the road for weeks & once in the middle of nowhere, I had a gas station Slim Jim & unsweetened iced tea for dinner... hee haw!

G'nite, world.
We've all been there.
But imagine the possibilities of making something nice out of things so simple as some good cheese,nice bread,fresh tomatoes and olive oil.
Life is too short and has too many opportunities not to eat well.
Toast the bread,melt the cheese,throw on the chopped tomatoes and drizzle the olive oil and suddenly you're eating like a king.

Old 10-13-2020, 03:55 PM

4,694 posts, read 3,476,137 times
Tonight I am turning the pork roast from Sunday into tacos. I am serving with a mango salsa.

Old 10-13-2020, 04:08 PM

5,868 posts, read 11,930,600 times
Pan fried grouper, corn casserole and cole slaw.

Old 10-13-2020, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
We've all been there.
But imagine the possibilities of making something nice out of things so simple as some good cheese,nice bread,fresh tomatoes and olive oil.
Life is too short and has too many opportunities not to eat well.
Toast the bread,melt the cheese,throw on the chopped tomatoes and drizzle the olive oil and suddenly you're eating like a king.

Sure, eating well is usually easy.

Your recipe sounds nice... but, I can't eat wheat, cheese or tomatoes... allergies make my diet infuriating to even discuss. On the road, I just eat what I can get & ignore the side effects... giant itchy face rash, headaches, lethargy, etc. Whatever... I'm sometimes just glad McD's is there, when a market isn't.

I envy those who can eat all of life's offerings... never been amongst you, however.

Old 10-13-2020, 04:29 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,079,840 times
Tonight, a mix of different leftovers: a bit of pasta, a soft taco (just a tiny bit of taco meat left), and a fajita. No picture, sorry.

Just found out yesterday that basically my sister's entire family (her, her husband, her son, her granddaughter) have tested positive for COVID-19. She had to take her husband to the emergency room today because (a) he was coughing blood and (b) he has asthma and could barely breathe. And they did NOTHING. Again, NOTHING -- just sent him home. What the ...??!!

So I'm not in a happy mood. My sister is my ROCK and I am very worried. Hoping for better news tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink