Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2013, 08:19 PM

17,567 posts, read 15,226,764 times

Advertisements

Yeah, you're right.. Old Boiling Springs.. Haven't been in that area for quite some time.. Don't know why I mixed the roads up.. It's right there behind the (or, relatively close to) Hardees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 10:16 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times
After almost four years, Iced has officially been iced. Great location though, but you've gotta be crazy to start a small business with Obamacare about to kick in.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:44 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,841,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
After almost four years, Iced has officially been iced. Great location though, but you've gotta be crazy to start a small business with Obamacare about to kick in.
Did Iced have more than 50 employees?

Old 08-28-2013, 05:31 PM

76 posts, read 173,467 times
Add Dragon Den Chinese restaurant in Simpsonville, they are closing on Saturday. Rent is going up and they won't be able to afford it.

I may not know enough to understand, but like Fromano's on Woodruff, which closed last April (2012) and is still vacant, what is the point of raising rent on a business to the point of forcing them to close instead of paying? And having zero rent versus what you've been getting all along.

The plaza with Dragon Den has more vacant stores than filled. The nice new building on the hill of W Georgia and 385 is still empty, forcing their only tenant to leave and buy her own building because they kept raising the rent of the only tenant.

It's like the state if California. If you listen to a certain daily podcast, this will sound familiar. The state of California, home of Hollywood, has raised the taxes on film/TV production so high that many productions flee to neighboring states, or even Canada, to avoid the high taxes. So instead of, say, 20% of these productions, the greed of wanting 40% gets them less? Why is this so hard to understand?

Sorry for the long winded rant.

Back to the point, if you like Dragon Den in Simpsonville, better stop by before Saturday.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:45 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
The plaza with Dragon Den may be garnering some interest from national stores and chains and with Kohls anchoring the other end of that center doesn't hurt. Vacant space seems to be filling up quickly along Fairview Rd and that center has excellent visibility along 385.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
The plaza with Dragon Den may be garnering some interest from national stores and chains and with Kohls anchoring the other end of that center doesn't hurt. Vacant space seems to be filling up quickly along Fairview Rd and that center has excellent visibility along 385.
True, but some of those vacant spots have been open for a while. For example, the spot closest to kohl's and ingles, has been vacant for over a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Old 08-28-2013, 07:57 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbird View Post
Add Dragon Den Chinese restaurant in Simpsonville, they are closing on Saturday. Rent is going up and they won't be able to afford it.

I may not know enough to understand, but like Fromano's on Woodruff, which closed last April (2012) and is still vacant, what is the point of raising rent on a business to the point of forcing them to close instead of paying? And having zero rent versus what you've been getting all along.

The plaza with Dragon Den has more vacant stores than filled. The nice new building on the hill of W Georgia and 385 is still empty, forcing their only tenant to leave and buy her own building because they kept raising the rent of the only tenant.

It's like the state if California. If you listen to a certain daily podcast, this will sound familiar. The state of California, home of Hollywood, has raised the taxes on film/TV production so high that many productions flee to neighboring states, or even Canada, to avoid the high taxes. So instead of, say, 20% of these productions, the greed of wanting 40% gets them less? Why is this so hard to understand?

Sorry for the long winded rant.

Back to the point, if you like Dragon Den in Simpsonville, better stop by before Saturday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Quote:
True, but some of those vacant spots have been open for a while. For example, the spot closest to kohl's and ingles, has been vacant for over a year.
Will Dragon Den at Brushy Creek Crossing on Hudson Road in Greer remain open?

As for Fairview Station, I wonder if we are witnessing the early stages of Ingle's expanding and overhauling its existing location into an 80,000 square feet store. Thought it would be easier to move to a new location with a new store, Ingle's has a great location on Fairview Road for customers going grocery shopping after work. The first place they see getting off I-385 onto Fairview Road is Ingle's.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Will Dragon Den at Brushy Creek Crossing on Hudson Road in Greer remain open?

As for Fairview Station, I wonder if we are witnessing the early stages of Ingle's expanding and overhauling its existing location into an 80,000 square feet store. Thought it would be easier to move to a new location with a new store, Ingle's has a great location on Fairview Road for customers going grocery shopping after work. The first place they see getting off I-385 onto Fairview Road is Ingle's.
I think they said the one in Greer is staying open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Old 08-29-2013, 12:39 PM

411 posts, read 853,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Having a small business in general is tough. My mom barely eeked out a living doing retail for six years and finally through in the towel earlier this year. The overhead for running credit cards, utilities, materials such tissue paper and bags is just insane.

As for Iced, I was never a fan. Their location was poor, IMO. I'm surprised that they lasted as long as they did, to be honest. I had their cupcakes at a festival once and thought they were overpriced and dry.

I'm a much bigger fan of the Chocolate Moose, which of course is the Greenville outpost of the Charleston based Cupcake. I have an indecent love for their cupcakes.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:44 PM

17,567 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:

It sure can't help having the new buffet move in, basically next door.

That whole shopping center is.. Just strange.. It's a great location and a crappy location all rolled into one. They didn't have a long period of time of inactivity as I recall when K-Mart closed and Kohl's opened. I'm thinking it was 6 months or so... Anyone remember that better than I? But.. Seems the K-Mart/Kohl's space wasn't vacant for a LONG time..

But they really haven't had much luck filling the smaller stores. 1st Franklin has been there more than 10 years.. The beauty supply place has been there a while.. Radio Shack, Dragon Den and Ingles.. But everything else has been pretty transient, and I can't think of any time that they've been more than, maybe 60% leased?

There was a Sherby's Rib House that was there and was just the nastiest thing I ever had in my life. There was another of the 'quick loan' style places.. GNC left.. Dollar Tree moved across the street..

It's both easy to get in and out of(Frontage Rd), and a pain in the ass to get in and out of(Fairview).. It's got very long term tenants and ones that don't stick around long.. Real Schitzo kinda place.

Whoever invested in that center at W Georgia and 385.. I feel sorry for them. I mean, even seeing that from the interstate, it's hard to figure out how to get to it. I think they would have done much better building at the old Ingles/Soup and Salad location there at W Georgia and 385, and that area wouldn't look like such a pile of crap now, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area