Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2022, 10:02 AM

17,596 posts, read 15,266,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmike View Post
The new Chick-fil-a in Simpsonville opens on May 5th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
That store is in a good location. Not far from 385, making access for travelers pretty easy.

Went by it today, they were out in the parking lot doing a group photo with, I suppose the opening staff.

The concern I have.. That parking lot doesn't seem all that big.. I didn't really get a good look at the layout, but.. At least I don't think it'll affect traffic on the main roads there.

I do worry about the franchisee over there on Fairview. Those two locations are awfully close to each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2022, 12:47 PM

4,602 posts, read 6,020,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

I do worry about the franchisee over there on Fairview. Those two locations are awfully close to each other.
No worries. The CFA on Fairview will not miss a beat. There are two in Greenwood much closer than the Simpsonville locations on both sides of the Hwy 25 and 72 intersection with 4 drive thru lanes between the two. I have never seen two CFA's so close as the two in Greenwood.

Old 05-04-2022, 01:43 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,050,126 times
No worries - the franchisee owns Simpsonville and Mauldin. This is his 3rd store.

Old 05-04-2022, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ForksSC View Post
No worries - the franchisee owns Simpsonville and Mauldin. This is his 3rd store.

wow.. That's kinda rare. CFA usually doesn't have franchisees with multiple stores. They want them to have one and focus on it.

Oddly.. According to the CFA app, that new location will only be open until 9pm, while the Fairview location will stay open until 10pm.

Old 05-04-2022, 08:55 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,650,735 times
Quote:
wow.. That's kinda rare. CFA usually doesn't have franchisees with multiple stores. They want them to have one and focus on it.

Oddly.. According to the CFA app, that new location will only be open until 9pm, while the Fairview location will stay open until 10pm.
I believe the Lauren’s Road and Haywood Road share a franchisee as well. Perhaps they have deviated to allow more than one store?

Old 05-05-2022, 07:14 AM

4,602 posts, read 6,020,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
I believe the Lauren’s Road and Haywood Road share a franchisee as well. Perhaps they have deviated to allow more than one store?
There are three very close together in that vicinity if you count the one in the mall food court too.

Anyone of a certain age remembers you once had to go to the mall to get CFA. They were only in select malls in the south. To me seemed like it was more a rare treat and just tasted even better back then.

Old 05-05-2022, 07:15 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,794,766 times
It’s like Starbuck’s. They’re everywhere. Call the exterminator.

Old 05-05-2022, 11:01 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
Quote:

Very rare to have multiple stores. This guy is kicking butt. The Fairview store has always been one of the most profitable in the state.

Old 05-05-2022, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Very rare to have multiple stores. This guy is kicking butt. The Fairview store has always been one of the most profitable in the state.

No question.. I suppose they may have some exceptions due to the proximity.. Though, i'm surprised about Simpsonville and Maudin.. Those wouldn't be cannibalizing each other.

I can understand Main and Fairview because.. They probably would cannibalize to an extent. You want to avoid the Subway situation where they just screw their franchisees over by opening up another store 50 feet down the road.

I think we've talked about the CFA franchise situation, which is very strange compared to others. Basically, the franchisee is, in a way, just a glorified store manager. With significantly more interest in making sure the store succeeds.

Old 05-05-2022, 12:39 PM

192 posts, read 207,783 times
Quote:

The Chick-fila's in Anderson are owned by the same family too.
The franchisee here was close friends with Truett Cathy and he has 2 standalone locations along with a mall location, which he recently closed and plans to replace with another standalone location in town (possibly).

AU Chick-fil-A is separately owned though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area