Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 06:46 AM

1,056 posts, read 1,740,575 times

Advertisements

I have hair below my shoulder and I am over 50 . It is thick and wavy and I love it. My Mom and sisters all with short hair bug me to get it cut but me and my hubby are happy with it. Yes they always take a lot longer to get ready with the blow drying, using the curling iron or flat iron. They also wash their hair every day. I can skip a few days between washing. Maybe I'm fooling myself but I don't think it make me look older. My 16 year old daughter has long hair middle of her back but it is slightly wavy and she does not straighten it. Most of her friends do have long hair some straight some not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 07:30 AM

41,998 posts, read 75,311,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
That was kinda my point.
Yes, but the older women who go to the beauty parlor once a week to have their hair done -- like my aunt, age 93, God love her! -- have been doing it all their lives. They didn't start setting their hair in short poufy curls just because they'd reached a certain age; it's something they've always done.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:41 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,918,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic? View Post

* Or is it different in your hometown and there are lots of girls in High School and College with Pixies?
I know a lot of young women that age with very short hair. However, probably 75% do have long hair. My own dd complains that most girls look alike these days. It's just a current trend. Sure, many have long straight hair because it suits them, but many other girls go to great lengths to try and straighten their curly hair to fit in. It's tough to be an adolescent, some are braver than others to dare to be different. A lot of young women have poor self-esteem.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:25 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,987,767 times
I made sure to pay extra attention to womens hair yesterday after this thread. Just like the OP says, nearly EVERY girl say 16-mid 30s (and older) have long hair. My guess is because it just looks good, sexy, feminine, etc.

Who said anything about just straight hair? Im talking nice curly hair like this:

katharine mcphee - Google Search
http://www.google.com/search?q=nicol...w=1419&bih=731
http://www.google.com/search?q=kim+k...w=1419&bih=731
http://www.google.com/search?q=carme...w=1419&bih=731

Old 10-18-2011, 08:48 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,422,647 times
A lot of the "long" hair on girls today are fake extension. It takes a very long time to grow it long . One time my sister whipped off a huge chunk of what i thought was her hair.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:55 AM

29,762 posts, read 34,459,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novadhd5150 View Post
A lot of the "long" hair on girls today are fake extension. It takes a very long time to grow it long .
And for some, by the time it gets long, it's so damaged and dry and split that it looks terrible. Hence, the real hair is a bit shorter, and they add extensions for drama.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:26 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,753,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novadhd5150 View Post
A lot of the "long" hair on girls today are fake extension. It takes a very long time to grow it long . One time my sister whipped off a huge chunk of what i thought was her hair.
There's this girl who first came out with awesome hair.

Then on the second date, she came out with her real hair, shorter and thinner.

I was CRUSHED. It was a huge letdown. Had she come like that first, I'd have kept my excitement in check.

Needless to say, I'll never find her attractive again I'm betting she could even go bald by the time she hits 40.

I come from a world where people take pride in their super long and thick hair, you can literally get lost in the women's hair and it's all real.

Something's wrong with women in this side of the planet

Old 10-18-2011, 09:29 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,443,360 times
Longer hair is sexy. I have thought that for 30+ years. Styles come and go, and I am going to enjoy this style while it lasts.

What isn't sexy to me, however, is when people use those straight irons to flatten and straighten it. I think that looks stupid.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:35 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,753,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Longer hair is sexy. I have thought that for 30+ years. Styles come and go, and I am going to enjoy this style while it lasts.

What isn't sexy to me, however, is when people use those straight irons to flatten and straighten it. I think that looks stupid.
I light straight, smooth and silky hair

And who knows, judging by this thread, I'm starting to suspect most of these women are fake. Scary!

Fake hair is worse than a boob job. At least, a boob job makes it look good, coz boobs always look good to me. But hair, fah get it. If it's fake, I'll leave the building.

I'm also thinking, the next door dog girl has long hair. I'm gonna ask her one of these days if it's fake. Should irritate the daylights out of her

Old 10-18-2011, 09:41 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,275,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
This question begs asking.........OP, why do you care?
Exactly!! LOL,,why? Long hair NEVER goes out of style OP!!! DUH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care