Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What color kitchen appliances do you prefer?
White 32 26.45%
Black 29 23.97%
Bisque/Almond 10 8.26%
Stainless look 6 4.96%
Stainless steel 34 28.10%
Oil rubbed bronze 0 0%
Other (specify) 10 8.26%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 02:10 PM

41,967 posts, read 75,217,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoaNut View Post
or how about dirt-covered appliances!!
I have a few of those!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 06:13 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,054,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoaNut View Post
I agree that black does look good with almost any other color or type of cabinet; however, I am surprised that you find stainless hard to keep clean. One of the reasons I love my stainless-front fridge (sides are black) is because all I have to do is wipe it down with a damp micro-fiber cloth and it looks great.
This is what I do - I give my appliances a little spray of water and then wipe down with a microfiber clean and they are perfect - I find stainless very easy to keep clean and certainly no more difficult than black (which I had in my previous kitchen). Microfiber cloths work well on almost any wood, stone, glass or metal surface. I can clean all my stainless appliances in 2 minutes tops - from top to bottom.

I think some kitchens just call for appliances of a certain color - depending on the flooring, counters, cabinet color, wall color, natural and artificial light, etc. I personally would not discount any color appliance other than bisque/almond (just not something I could live with).

Last edited by Cattknap; 08-29-2011 at 06:58 PM..

Old 08-29-2011, 06:14 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
Stainless Steel will go out of style.

White is timeless.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:27 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,054,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Stainless Steel will go out of style.

White is timeless.
Stainless has been around for many, many years - everything eventually goes out of style even white appliances....nothing is "timeless." Since most appliances are going to be replaced several times during a lifetime, choose what you like that looks best - the color you choose will probably be perfectly "in style" for as long the appliances hold up....things don't last as long as they used to.

White appliances would look horrid with my kitchen.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:49 PM

44 posts, read 74,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I have a few of those!
LOL.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:19 PM

18,476 posts, read 31,648,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
Stainless has been around for many, many years - everything eventually goes out of style even white appliances....nothing is "timeless." Since most appliances are going to be replaced several times during a lifetime, choose what you like that looks best - the color you choose will probably be perfectly "in style" for as long the appliances hold up....things don't last as long as they used to.

White appliances would look horrid with my kitchen.

That makes total sense to me, I agree with you once again!!

I have Black appliances (my choice) but White appliances would match also....

but, Bisque / Almond would look putrid with mine !!

Old 08-29-2011, 10:29 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,697,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBorn View Post
I prefer white and the old kind that is new again, smooth! Not the white textured stuff, they are making smooth white again.

I had stainless and I it was so hard to keep clean. Maybe because it wasn't a subzero or wolf or viking....the GE stainless I had was impossible to keep clean. Fingerprints and water spots...argggg
I vote for White and yes it is boring, but I like it best!

Old 08-30-2011, 07:23 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times
I still like stainless the best. I think it pops a room.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:37 AM

393 posts, read 1,202,942 times
I remember watching TV in the 50s and 60s and seeing coppertone appliances. I thought they were so pretty. I still do, but they're nowhere to be found. It seems my 24 year old almond fridge may be on its last legs. I have no idea what to get as none of the colors currently available turn me on. I'd like coppertone, red, light yellow, or pale green. Unfortunately, it ain't happening.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:23 AM

44 posts, read 74,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kembek View Post
I remember watching TV in the 50s and 60s and seeing coppertone appliances. I thought they were so pretty. I still do, but they're nowhere to be found. It seems my 24 year old almond fridge may be on its last legs. I have no idea what to get as none of the colors currently available turn me on. I'd like coppertone, red, light yellow, or pale green. Unfortunately, it ain't happening.
That's not true! That's what spray paint is for!! Here you go... knockyourself out!! LOL. You can make it any color you want!!
Hot To Repaint Your Refrigerator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating