Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2019, 05:20 AM

10,228 posts, read 6,309,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I have to laugh at some of the comments here. So you don't like Big Pharma? Then what are you going to do if you have to go into the hospital and be treated? Refuse all medications and medical procedures? When I had my aneurysm, I brought home drugs by the cartload. I had to take two pills every 4 hours for 21 days. Did I let my feelings about Big Pharma get in the way of taking life-saving drugs? No. And you won't either.

Whatever you people say and think, if you have to go into a hospital and use the things they use to get you healthy again, like saline drips, needles, medications, etc, you'll use them and use them gladly. You can post here all you want about not getting vaccines, but the bottom line is if your life is in danger, you will accept the treatments the doctors give you. Nobody goes into a hospital and makes their hatred of Big Pharma the hill on which they want to die.

In the case of the boy who got tetanus and ran up an $800,000 bill for his parents, guess what was included in his treatment? A tetanus vaccination.

But hey, don't let me stand in your way of throwing your money out the window. If you people would prefer to spend months in the hospital and $800,000 on treatment that includes a vaccination that would have cost $20 originally and prevented all that, by all means, feel free to toss your money out. Damn, I wish I had almost a million dollars to flush down the toilet in order to support my stupidity.

----------------------------------------------------------

Jo, you remind me a lot of the people who had supporting parents, a decent school, and the wherewithal to pay for college which precedes a good job with good pay and the ability to sock away money for retirement, after which they look at someone being raised by a single mom in a ghetto high school who couldn't afford college and now works at a McDonald's and then says, "I managed to get a college degree and a good job. If everyone else can't, there must be something wrong with them."

Um, just no. There's nothing wrong with those people. They just didn't have the luck to be born into the same circumstances. That's what it mostly boils down to, is luck.

Jo, you've been lucky. But your luck may run out one day. Tell me something, do you make sure you thoroughly cook your hamburger and chicken and wash your hands well after handling raw meat? Do you believe that salmonella and e. coli exist? Or do you think they're a fantasy dreamed up by the government to fool people into buying say, more soap, for instance?
No, I moved out when I was 17 because of an abusive father. Not getting into that. Yes, since I am 70 years old, my luck WILL run out sooner rather than latter. I accept that and have spelled out what I do not want in my Advanced Directive. I have had food poisoning from a store salad bar. Washing my hands or washing the veggies would not have prevented that. S--t happens in life.

I just go with the flow. Whatever happens, happens. You cannot live your life in FEAR. Fear sells all these preventive measures.

Old 05-16-2019, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
There are millions dead who did not survive them.

You may still be protected by your childhood tetanus vaccine.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4826453/

"The data provided in this study indicate that adult booster vaccination with Td every 10 years may no longer be necessary to maintain protective immunity. Others have questioned the decennial vaccination schedule [32, 34, 35], and countries such as the United Kingdom do not vaccinate adults after they have received their childhood vaccination series"
That article says 30 years. lol Do the math. I said my last vax was in 1952. Full series of childhood vaccinations back then is the same as today?

Old 05-16-2019, 05:54 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
Quote:

Where do you get your info from? A doctor who made up a fake report and a TV actress.

SO typical....you just can't get past the "fake report", and your favorite actress.
You just love to refer back to them...over and over, and over...
Keep getting your shots...be happy

Old 05-16-2019, 06:00 AM

Quote:
You can pay drug companies for vaccines or you can pay them for drugs to treat vaccine preventable diseases and their complications.
Or you can practice good hygiene, keep warm and dry, eat healthy, use clean water....and you won't have to worry about either.

Old 05-16-2019, 06:13 AM

Quote:

You could be in an automobile accident and receive extensive lacerations or open fractures which could be contaminated with tetanus bacteria.

You want to accept the risk of tetanus, have at it, but it is not a pleasant way to die.
You surely are aware that tetanus can't survive in an oxygen rich environment....right???
So if you're bleeding like crazy, you won't get tetanus.
Yes, I'm willing to accept that risk....should be MY choice.

Old 05-16-2019, 06:29 AM

Quote:
One in four with measles gets hospitalized.
"If we were to extrapolate using that figure, the 704 cases of measles currently confirmed in the U.S. would be costing our health institutions over $35 million.

I also asked you to comment on this post and you never did. Perhaps you will now? Any idea how much the treatment for stage IIB cervical cancer cost in dollars, just ignoring the associated misery involved?

Rotavirus?

"During the pre-rotavirus vaccine era, it was estimated that 410,000 physician visits; 205-272,000 ED visits; and 55,000–70,000 hospitalizations were attributable to rotavirus infections in U.S. children, costing approximately $1 billion annually."

Treating those conditions sucks up health care dollars.
35 million dollers...for 704 cases....you actually BELIEVE that?????

HPV vaccine does not guarantee you won't get cervical cancer.

rotavirus...the one they recalled after it left many infants in extreme pain and discomfort...a third of which required surgery to correct the damage.

Last edited by purehuman; 05-16-2019 at 06:44 AM..

Old 05-16-2019, 06:38 AM

Quote:

Tell me something, do you make sure you thoroughly cook your hamburger and chicken and wash your hands well after handling raw meat? Do you believe that salmonella and e. coli exist? Or do you think they're a fantasy dreamed up by the government to fool people into buying say, more soap, for instance?
Ridiculous...at best....
The gov doesn't have to fool you into buying more soap, or staying clean, or eating healthy....they've already got you fooled into thinking a vaccine will take care of all that for you.
Refusing the toxins in vaccines doesn't mean that one is not health conscious...if anything it would be the opposite...people thinking if they get the vaccine they don't need to worry about it.

Old 05-16-2019, 07:24 AM

4 BILLION and growing...US payouts for vaccine injuries and deaths keeps climbing.............................https://childrenshealthdefense.org/n...keep-climbing/

Old 05-16-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
You surely are aware that tetanus can't survive in an oxygen rich environment....right???
So if you're bleeding like crazy, you won't get tetanus.
Yes, I'm willing to accept that risk....should be MY choice.
That has happened all of the times I cut myself, nail in foot, ripped out toenail, and hitting my head on a tree limb. Blood soaked my hair and ran down into my eyes. It healed on its own.

People today simply do not want to give their bodies a chance to heal on its own.

Old 05-16-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
That article says 30 years. lol Do the math. I said my last vax was in 1952. Full series of childhood vaccinations back then is the same as today?
You be the judge of that
Childhood Vaccination Schedules Are Completely Out of Control and Dangerous! | SOTN: Alternative News, Analysis & Commentary

Scroll down for the list of vaccines so casually given to our most vulnerable today...it's not a pretty sight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City