Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2022, 08:26 AM

7,846 posts, read 3,836,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin1 View Post
I still think Chicago is one of the most beautiful cities I have seen and feel fortunate to have spent a lot of time there. I wish I lived closer to visit more often (when the weather is nice). I'm not too keen to fly much now and hate the drive from Vegas to Chicago. Anything more than one day in a car is no longer my idea of a good time, lol.
When I was there, I was a poor starving graduate student in Hyde Park. I've visited Chicago as an adult and it is a much better experience.

Old 05-13-2022, 08:28 AM

7,846 posts, read 3,836,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NearFantastica View Post
Greed as in landlord companies extorting people for profit. Higher demand + low supply = high prices, this only benefits greedy landlords and corporations, not your average American. These landlords don't care about people struggling and will just throw them out on the street. If landlords cared more about their tenants than they do about $$$, then we wouldn't be having any of these problems.
I don't think that word means what you think it means.

BTW, "profit" is not a 4 letter word.

Old 05-13-2022, 11:31 AM

15,867 posts, read 14,491,391 times
If it weren't for those "greedy landlords" a lot of those "average Americans" wouldn't have a home. Who's going to build, maintain, and upgrade housing if they can't make money on it? Grow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NearFantastica View Post
Greed as in landlord companies extorting people for profit. Higher demand + low supply = high prices, this only benefits greedy landlords and corporations, not your average American. These landlords don't care about people struggling and will just throw them out on the street. If landlords cared more about their tenants than they do about $$$, then we wouldn't be having any of these problems.

Old 05-13-2022, 11:36 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,971,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
If it weren't for those "greedy landlords" a lot of those "average Americans" wouldn't have a home. Who's going to build, maintain, and upgrade housing if they can't make money on it? Grow up.
You should be glad that these "greedy landlords" are Mom & Pop landlords. Imagine the homes are gobbled up by Wall Street and increase rent to the maximum extent possible and have the money to influence rental policy decisions?

Old 05-13-2022, 12:16 PM

3,429 posts, read 1,567,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
You should be glad that these "greedy landlords" are Mom & Pop landlords. Imagine the homes are gobbled up by Wall Street and increase rent to the maximum extent possible and have the money to influence rental policy decisions?
Ahh back to the greed comment. Again, define it and explain what it is that is greedy about a transaction where no one is under any duress to purchase a product (how does one increase rent to the maximum amount possible without a willing buyer?). What I'm getting from you and the other poster is it's only "greedy" because it doesn't serve your own self interest. That really is all you're saying. And that, in of itself, could easily define you as greedy. If I'm wrong, define specifically why you deem a landlord greedy.

Old 05-13-2022, 12:39 PM

15,867 posts, read 14,491,391 times
What about it. If someone buys something they own it and get to decide what to do with it. It doesn't matter who they are.

Your comments sound like sour grapes from an economic illiterate.

Quote:

Old 05-13-2022, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
Ahh back to the greed comment. Again, define it and explain what it is that is greedy about a transaction where no one is under any duress to purchase a product (how does one increase rent to the maximum amount possible without a willing buyer?). What I'm getting from you and the other poster is it's only "greedy" because it doesn't serve your own self interest. That really is all you're saying. And that, in of itself, could easily define you as greedy. If I'm wrong, define specifically why you deem a landlord greedy.
How do you define "greed"?

If you define it as someone who tries to make a profit, ranging from buying stocks to invest in rental properties, then I admit that I am a greedy landlord.

Old 05-13-2022, 01:21 PM

3,429 posts, read 1,567,869 times
Quote:
How do you define "greed"?

If you define it as someone who tries to make a profit, ranging from buying stocks to invest in rental properties, then I admit that I am a greedy landlord.
You're the one that made the claim calling landlord's greedy. Why not answer the question instead of asking a question?

Old 05-17-2022, 11:14 AM

Quote:
You're the one that made the claim calling landlord's greedy. Why not answer the question instead of asking a question?
It's like talking to a wall

Old 05-17-2022, 11:48 AM

2,413 posts, read 2,032,119 times
Quote:
I sense unintended irony. It is good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas