Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2014, 11:19 AM

19,054 posts, read 13,968,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
The US should employ a shock and awe style campaign to secure the borders...
Agreed. We don't need walls. We need them to see people being chased down, violently arrested, and IMMEDIATELY thrown in JAIL to await a brief MILITARY trial only given to confirm non-US citizenship status, before being IMMEDIATELY deported via WALKING back across to Mexico.

Not Mexican? No problem. Let the country they traveled through to get hear deal with the problem. Maybe if we start dumping this crap back on them they'll start to take the problem a little more seriously.

If the invaders choose any form of violence at the border against our troops (yes, we need TROOPS down there), kill them as we would any other enemy combatant during war, which is exactly what this is.

If Mexico and other Latin American nations are so impoverished that it's peoples are to be considered refugees rather than invaders, then we should invade, set up relief camps, and treat those nations as we do places like Somalia, Rowanda, Bosnia, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2014, 11:22 AM

260 posts, read 434,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
You have plenty of violence in actual Mexican cities, as in drug cartel violence. And yes, there are some pretty rough poor communities in California with Mexicans in it.

Talk about a biased source, the American Conservative. My history degree area of is in Latin American studies, I have lived in Hispanic communities in NYC and in Los Angeles, I can read and write in Spanish, etc. So when I want to know more about Hispanics, I do not read right wing propaganda outlets, particularly when I am perfectly capable of reading, watching, or listening to Spanish speaking media!
Well, the American Conservative is not the most pro-immigrant source, so it's interesting to read from there.

I won't get a very pro-immigration libertarian source, because that would be legitimately biased.

Mexico has high crime rates of course, but they don't bring all of it here. I don't think their homeland really applies to how they act within this country.

When you control for all the important factors, Mexican communities aren't so bad.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:44 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,984,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Agreed. We don't need walls. We need them to see people being chased down, violently arrested, and IMMEDIATELY thrown in JAIL to await a brief MILITARY trial only given to confirm non-US citizenship status, before being IMMEDIATELY deported via WALKING back across to Mexico.

Not Mexican? No problem. Let the country they traveled through to get hear deal with the problem. Maybe if we start dumping this crap back on them they'll start to take the problem a little more seriously.

If the invaders choose any form of violence at the border against our troops (yes, we need TROOPS down there), kill them as we would any other enemy combatant during war, which is exactly what this is.

If Mexico and other Latin American nations are so impoverished that it's peoples are to be considered refugees rather than invaders, then we should invade, set up relief camps, and treat those nations as we do places like Somalia, Rowanda, Bosnia, etc.
Of course there are illegals who simply overstayed their tourist visas and who came here from Europe. But that's okay because they white. Non whites you want brutalized by the military. Showing your real racist colors?

Enjoy moving to Valhalla, oops, the whitest interior state you can find.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:50 AM

1,961 posts, read 2,709,514 times
Quote:
Of course there are illegals who simply overstayed their tourist visas and who came here from Europe.
Deport them.

Those who are crossing the border using violence warrants more heavy handed action.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:59 AM

260 posts, read 434,136 times
Quote:
Of course there are illegals who simply overstayed their tourist visas and who came here from Europe. But that's okay because they white. Non whites you want brutalized by the military. Showing your real racist colors?

Haha

People on this site will complain about anyone. They complain about Soviet immigrants in Southern Brooklyn.
They complain about Chinese immigrants taking over their neighborhoods even though they produce little crime, are very entrepreneurial, and have kids that end up becoming more educated than White Americans.

Oddly enough many of these people applaud gentrification, even though the gentrifiers tend to be quite liberal.

Old 07-13-2014, 12:33 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,918,406 times
There goes the race card again.

Old 07-13-2014, 12:45 PM

19,054 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Quote:

Nope, round their asses up also. If they use violence, deal it back at their pale asses.

Not everyone is as simple minded as you. Just because I didn't list everything about the world I disagree with in one post doesn't mean That I'm okay with all that was left out. Stop being a simpleton.

Before anyone thinks I'm okay with it, let me just say that I also hate pineapple pizza. Wouldn't want anyone getting thoughts in their head!

Old 07-13-2014, 02:02 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,217,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Before anyone thinks I'm okay with it, let me just say that I also hate pineapple pizza. Wouldn't want anyone getting thoughts in their head!

Burn in hell, you anti-Polynesian pig...

Last edited by availableusername; 07-13-2014 at 02:16 PM..

Old 07-13-2014, 11:05 PM

10 posts, read 9,287 times
Identification cards for the undocumented is good for the city. Resources and services can then be properly allocated, this (somewhat) reduces the institutional barriers these people now face.

The current system makes it difficult for many people to enter the United States and become citizens. Most undocumented individuals in this country have simply overstayed their visas. Contrary to popular belief, most new international growth is Asian and Mexicans have seen a negative net population change. The Latino population as previously stated is driven by native birth rates.

Anyway, immigration is mostly positive for the US (including undocumented immigration). These people come looking for opportunity yet face overwhelming odds. They pay taxes without appropriate representation and often cannot get access to services which could improve their quality of life (and contribution to society).

Xenophobia, fear, and stupidity are the typical arguments against these people.

Old 07-14-2014, 04:09 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,640,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwesterns45 View Post
Well they're not citizens or authorized visitors so their existence in this country should be emphasized as illegal. Illegal immigrants are treated very well in this country. You want to see real racist POS? Try entering their country of origin illegally and see how you're treated. You won't only be illegal but completely dehumanized.

THIS. THIS. THIS. THIS. THIS.

THIS is what I tell people all the time. I'm Hispanic/Arabic, born and raised in this country. Even I have to admit that these illegals (mainly from Mexico and Central America) are treated like royalty over here compared to their country of origins. I have friends who are so ridiculous and PC about this and it kills me. They always sympathize with the illegals since many of them are latino themselves. Yet, I bet you every penny if an American goes over to Mexico, Central America, India, Pakistan, Middle East, lets see how us U.S. citizens will be treated.

I don't care what anyone says about this country, it isn't perfect and has done many wrongs but it has also done many rights and in the end I MUCH rather be over here than over in Mexico getting mutilated by drug cartels. It kills me how some of these illegals take what they're getting for granted and how some of them feel entitled to it. Sickens me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City