Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2014, 04:45 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
THIS. THIS. THIS. THIS. THIS.

THIS is what I tell people all the time. I'm Hispanic/Arabic, born and raised in this country. Even I have to admit that these illegals (mainly from Mexico and Central America) are treated like royalty over here compared to their country of origins. I have friends who are so ridiculous and PC about this and it kills me. They always sympathize with the illegals since many of them are latino themselves. Yet, I bet you every penny if an American goes over to Mexico, Central America, India, Pakistan, Middle East, lets see how us U.S. citizens will be treated.
I personally had no problems while in South America, nor did any American I know who went to South America have problems. I've known my share of people who went to Mexico and loved it. I've known Americans who worked in the Middle East and overall enjoyed it (Dubai).

The Americans I know who worked in India loved it.

You're attempting to rationalized hatred and xenophobia. It's like a little kid who gets caught breaking something,who then tries to say the other little kid did it too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 06:04 AM

72 posts, read 90,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee1995 View Post
There's no such thing as an "illegal." That term means nothing except that you're a racist POS who reduces people to their immigration status.
How so considering the word illegal has nothing to do with race and a person of ANY race can be here illegally.

Old 07-14-2014, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
THIS. THIS. THIS. THIS. THIS.

Even I have to admit that these illegals (mainly from Mexico and Central America) are treated like royalty over here compared to their country of origins.
Yeah, because they're "hard working".

Old 07-14-2014, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sport69 View Post
I give them credit and respect for doing the jobs that most here have every excuse not to do.
Ah, gotta love the disingenuous lines for those that praise the illegal alien.

Can't forget my favorite: They're "hard working" and they "do the jobs no one else wants to do".

Old 07-14-2014, 07:24 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,834,646 times
Thank you for the early monday morning satire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestbronx View Post
Identification cards for the undocumented is good for the city. Resources and services can then be properly allocated, this (somewhat) reduces the institutional barriers these people now face.

The current system makes it difficult for many people to enter the United States and become citizens. Most undocumented individuals in this country have simply overstayed their visas. Contrary to popular belief, most new international growth is Asian and Mexicans have seen a negative net population change. The Latino population as previously stated is driven by native birth rates.

Anyway, immigration is mostly positive for the US (including undocumented immigration). These people come looking for opportunity yet face overwhelming odds. They pay taxes without appropriate representation and often cannot get access to services which could improve their quality of life (and contribution to society).

Xenophobia, fear, and stupidity are the typical arguments against these people.

Old 07-14-2014, 07:26 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,834,646 times
How do you know Americans? Isn't that just some made-up fantasy term?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I personally had no problems while in South America, nor did any American I know who went to South America have problems. I've known my share of people who went to Mexico and loved it. I've known Americans who worked in the Middle East and overall enjoyed it (Dubai).

The Americans I know who worked in India loved it.

You're attempting to rationalized hatred and xenophobia. It's like a little kid who gets caught breaking something,who then tries to say the other little kid did it too.

Old 07-14-2014, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post

You're attempting to rationalized hatred...
Anything wrong with disliking or even hating those that suck resources from you and generally have contempt for the people they do this to and follow around the globe?

Question for you. I see that the general consensus is that these immigrants are TYPICALLY noble and hard working. If this is the case for the AVERAGE immigrant, then why are they attempting to flee from the squalor that THEIR people created? If they are all on AVERAGE so hard working and ingenious, then how come their own countries don't reflect this? After all, if a typical population is so hard working and industrious and ambitious, their county should behold a higher civilization and perhaps some of us would be seeking them for a new way.

How come this isn't so Writer Man?

Old 07-14-2014, 07:44 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,563,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooYorker View Post
Ah, gotta love the disingenuous lines for those that praise the illegal alien.

Can't forget my favorite: They're "hard working" and they "do the jobs no one else wants to do".

They do.

Are you somehow confusing them with millions of lazy-arse welfare mooching US citizens? What group do you think is a bigger threat to the health and fabric of America? It sure ain't the people busting their As to cut lawns, haul wood, bus tables, clean dishes, and short-order cooks. I'll take the group with the work-ethic.

Old 07-14-2014, 07:47 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,563,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooYorker View Post
Anything wrong with disliking or even hating those that suck resources from you and generally have contempt for the people they do this to and follow around the globe?

Question for you. I see that the general consensus is that these immigrants are TYPICALLY noble and hard working. If this is the case for the AVERAGE immigrant, then why are they attempting to flee from the squalor that THEIR people created? If they are all on AVERAGE so hard working and ingenious, then how come their own countries don't reflect this? After all, if a typical population is so hard working and industrious and ambitious, their county should behold a higher civilization and perhaps some of us would be seeking them for a new way.

How come this isn't so Writer Man?

Throughout history those who have picked up and left to improve their lives are, by definition, those seeking to improve themselves and their lot.

Surely you cannot ever read the sentences you write. Look up "common sense" in Merriam.

Old 07-14-2014, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
They do.

Are you somehow confusing them with millions of lazy-arse welfare mooching US citizens?
Not a good comparison because obviously any normal person doesn't value freeloaders. And if one is illegal, regardless of employment, they committed a crime in coming ad residing here and is a freeloader, and in many cases, has contempt for the gringo he followed to get a better life for himself (but I guess with your logic that would be one freeloader following another since the typical American is "lazy" according to the in-fashion line of crap these days).

Quote:

What group do you think is a bigger threat to the health and fabric of America? It sure ain't the people busting their As to cut lawns, haul wood, bus tables, clean dishes, and short-order cooks. I'll take the group with the work-ethic.
I actually don't give applause for someone going to work, nor do I give applause for someone following the law. And if people opened up their eyes, they'll see the average American IS working or WANTS to work.

And if some guy goes to work, all the while sucking resources elsewhere, then I don't commend the work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City